Sign in to follow this  
Rends

Merging Vietnam to Europe&NA question

Want to get Vietnam in the next days and it should be merged with Europe and NA.

I remember someone posted that if you make a merge install i need to backup or rename something or i might loose third party stuff. Guess it's the stuff in the the mod folder.

Can anyone tell me exactly what to do?

Thx,

Rends

I have merging all sf2 titles, every intall have his own mod folder, you can have all planes in all terrains, only if you have planes who's names match with stock planes you can lost it.

Edited by Hans Topp

Copy and backup your current mod folders to be sure.

Like with a patch the game will write over the main ini files in the stock aircraft and ground unit folders for example.

http://combatace.com/topic/55746-patching-made-easy-part-deux/

http://combatace.com/topic/82324-keeping-sf2-games-separate-when-you-have-merged-them-all/

What's happen when you install any add on SF2 series is that some folders are "re-full".

For instance, if (Has I do it) you have selected in the aircraft of your Europe mod folder only the planes you want to fly with or meet in the skies (it means, if you have SF2-Israel, you have remove the kfir and others...), then after having installed SF2-Vietnam, all the planes you have in all the SF2 extensions already installed on your PC will be automatically re-install when you will launch each version of SF2.

What I do in that case:

Before installing a new version, I rename my aircraft folder (i.e. "aircraft_01"). Then, I install the new version, and execute each version. A new aicraft folder is automatically created with all the planes of the game. I quit the game, erase the "aircraft" folder, rename "aircraft_01" to "aircraft". And that's it.

I hope my explanations are clear.