Sign in to follow this  
Spudknocker

Loadouts that work with AI pilots

Hi Combat ace!  I'm sure this has been answered before but I am having trouble with AI pilots not dropping their bombs,  I know that AI wont drop LGB's but they also aren't dropping JDAMS for me.  Most of the time they even have trouble dropping the _AI version of LGB's is this due to a Mixed loadout of like GBU-10_AI and GBU-12_AI's? Am I doing something that I don't know about?  Any and all help is def appreciated!  Thanks

Sometimes the AI have problems even with ordnance it can usually drop or fire. For example they try to attack with CGRs from close range (within minimal range) like with rocket pods. laser and tv guided weapons are no-go for the AI. CGRs and ATMs are ok afaik.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By VonS

Apr. 17, 2023 Update - Please find, available at the link below, my previously released mods. for RoF United Ed. - this time as a convenient, consolidated package that has been updated with the latest tweaks. Do read the included "Read Me" files, where available, for more info., particularly the "READ_ME_ROF_General_Info" file that is located in the root folder of the package when unzipped. This package is provided "as is," with no active support beyond the included explanatory files. The "Consolidated Mods. New" Package contains the latest AI mod. (ver. 1.4) for RoF United, as well as mods. previously offered separately, such as the "M-S Type H Campaigning Tweak," the "PWCG modulations" files, etc.
      Apr. 29, 2023 Update - Included below the link to the "Consolidated Mods. New" package is Ver. 3 of the PWCG "modulations" files (to be installed manually in the PWCG ver. 16.3.1; see directions included in the larger, consolidated package). Ver. 3 of the "modulations" files increases wind and turbulence settings, as well as provides greater chance of encountering more capable AI when flying PWCG campaigns, especially if used in conjunction with my newer AI mods. for RoF (such as ver. 1.36 or 1.4, included in the big consolidated package).
      Important Note: if using the Ver. 3 PWCG "modulations" files, instead of the Ver. 2 ones included in the big consolidated package for RoF -- make sure to change settings, if you choose to change any, from within the modulations, i.e., the RofCampaignSpecific, files themselves -- otherwise, tampering with relevant settings from within the PWCG advanced menu options will automatically delete extra entries for the AI that I've included in the Ver. 3 modulations. This note does not apply to the Ver. 2 modulations since those don't contain any extra AI settings.
      Feb. 6, 2024 Update - RoF AI mods. vers. 1.36 and 1.4 have been upgraded to vers. 1.37 and 1.41, respectively. The new versions have tweaked the AI's ability to follow commands more quickly and/or properly. Ver. 1.41 also contains further tweaks to safe alts. for the AI, to minimize unnecessary crashes and very low-level dogfighting. The entire consolidated package has been renamed from "Consolidated Mods New" to "Consolidated Mods New V.2" (i.e., Version 2).

ROF_ConsolidatedModsNewV2_VonS.zip
      ForRoFpwcgModulationsVer3_VonS.zip
      Happy flying,
      Von S 

• By JPMoney
      I’m flying an F-16I Sufa mod for Strike Fighters 2 Israel. I’ve modified the loadout ini file in an attempt to change the missile types and positions on the pylons. I’m having a consistent issue with the outer pylons (not the wingtip mounts, but the furthest pylons from the fuselage under the wings). I want these to carry one AMRAAM each, and as far as I can tell I have modified the loadout ini, the related missile object inis, and aircraft ini to be able to accommodate this. However, when I go to a single mission in-game and access the loadout screen, those outer pylons are always empty (no missiles). When I go to add missiles manually to these pylons, all AMRAAM types only are available in “4s” and not “2s.” So in other words it’s trying to mount 2 AMRAAMs on each pylon, which shouldn’t be possible (realistically), as these are set up for single missiles only. The F-16I ini file does have a relatively complex series of pylon rules, but I believe I have it set up to be able to mount AMRAAMs on these pylons, and I can’t find any setting in any file that would allow me to indicate there should only be the option to mount one missile per pylon in the loadout screen in game. I suspect a setting related to this “4 missiles” issue is preventing my loadout ini file from operating correctly and defaulting my vipers to have AMRAAMs on those pylons. 

Any thoughts on a setting I am missing here?
    • By MrMaxterX
      This mods allows you to fly the following aircraft (doesn't include all the variants);
      Many thanks to Trevisol for making the mod and sending me the file with his permission to download
      A-1 A-6 AN-12 B-57 F-104 E-2C EA-6B F-84F IL-28 J-6 MIG-15 MIG-17 MIG-19 MIG-21 MIG-23 MIG-27 Mirage 5 Spitfire SU-7 TU-16 TU-22 TU-95 Vampire Vautour YAK-23 YAK-38 This mod is just a simple addon that adds a few pre existing cockpit into a lot of aircraft that was not allowed for the player to use, only the AI.
      Since it's lightweight, it use the already included cockpits of the F-8, P-51, Mirage and a few other aircraft, with a couple of changes here and there;
    • By MrMaxterX

View File Simple Cockpit - Fly the unflyable aircrafts
      This mods allows you to fly the following aircraft (doesn't include all the variants);
      Many thanks to Trevisol for making the mod and sending me the file with his permission to download
      A-1 A-6 AN-12 B-57 F-104 E-2C EA-6B F-84F IL-28 J-6 MIG-15 MIG-17 MIG-19 MIG-21 MIG-23 MIG-27 Mirage 5 Spitfire SU-7 TU-16 TU-22 TU-95 Vampire Vautour YAK-23 YAK-38 This mod is just a simple addon that adds a few pre existing cockpit into a lot of aircraft that was not allowed for the player to use, only the AI.
      Since it's lightweight, it use the already included cockpits of the F-8, P-51, Mirage and a few other aircraft, with a couple of changes here and there;
      Submitter MrMaxterX Submitted 12/14/2022 Category Jet Cockpits  
    • By Thunderone
      Hi,
      I have been playing Strike Fighters 2 since past few years using a Keyboard. But I recently borrowed a HOTAS from a friend who wasn't using it anymore. After installing the latest driver in my PC, the HOTAS identified by the game as well (Strike Fighters 2 full package, updated till March 2012). However, I am confused when it comes to setting up the controls. The buttons on the HOTAS are very well functioning (after adding via SF2 Key Mapping menu), but the game is not recieving any input from Throttle and Stick at all. Both systems are fine, no issues as Logitech Software also acknowledges the throttle and stick movement. 
       So can somebody please help me out in fixing this issue? 
      Thank You

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..