Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

DCS World 1.5 changes

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2487387#post2487387

Dear all,

What follows is a preliminary changelog of DCS World 1.5. Because 1.5 is being built from a new branch of our code, we cannot account for changes made in earlier branches. As such, we had to create much of this changelog based on memory and older bug tracking reports.

Because of this and that we will probably be adding or modifying items, this changelog is very preliminary and subject to change during the Open Beta period. Also please note that we are still awaiting changelog items for most of the BST modules.

As items are added or modified, they will be highlighted in red.

As for the status of releasing the 1.5 Open Beta, we have good news: we created the 1.5 branch (release version) today. Just as soon as we complete smoke testing, we will release it.

Sincerely,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

DCS World 1.5.0 Changelog

General

• New unified executable. Separate executables are no longer used for the front end and simulation.
  • New graphics engine with the following features: DirectX 11 Support, optimized for GPU rather than CPU, improved lighting and shadowing, and improved graphical effects like contrails, flares and missile trail smoke, improved water
  • Improved VR support with Direct Display mode and VR front end GUI, but still very much work-in-progress until hardware reaches consumer release versions
  • Corrected track synchronization errors

Note: Once DCS World 1.5 is out of Open Beta, we will update the DCS World User Manual to reflect all of the following changes

Main Menu

• Moved Options to icon at top of Main Menu.
  • Moved Module Manager to icon at top of Main Menu
  • Created Log-in / Log-out dialog at top of Main Menu
  • New Login dialog with the possibility to stay logged in

Options

• Changed System / Graphics “Scenes” to “Terrain Textures”. Also changed to Low and High settings.
  • Added “Ultra” setting to Visib Range. This is for high-end systems only.
  • Added separate Low and High settings for Heat Blur.
  • HDR now simply has On or Off settings.
  • Depth of Field settings added.
  • Lens Effects settings added.
  • Clouds settings added (no affect until new clouds are implemented).
  • Anisotropic Filtering settings added.
  • Model Visibility settings added.
  • Flat Terrain Shadows settings added.
  • Tree Shadows setting removed.
  • TSAA setting removed.
  • Cockpit Shadows setting removed.
  • Search option added to Controls
  • F2 view camera effects settings added to Misc.

Instant Action

• New Instant Action missions selection dialog.

Campaigns

• New Campaign selection dialog.

Multiplayer

• New dialog interface
  • Favorites
  • Filtering based on Ping, Server Name, Map, Mission Name, Players, and Time.
  • Added server descriptions.
  • Added mission lists with shuffle option
  • Added options to show message events: Kill, Takeoff/Landing, Crash and Ejecting
  • Added option to allow object export
  • Added option to Pause on mission load
  • Added option to Pause a server with no client.
  • Client can now enter any nickname (up to 5) and select one of them
  • Ships are now synced correctly

Log Book

• Log book now accounts for individual aircraft statistics and not just as a whole

Encyclopedia

• 3D interactive unit models for Aircraft, Helicopters, Ships, Vehicles, and Weapons

Training

• New Training missions selection dialog

Mission Editor

• Added map display options, MAP, SAT (satellite) and ALT (elevation shading and iso lines)
  • Added new Trigger Actions: Begin Playing Actor, Stop Playing Actor, Start Player Seat Lock, and Stop Player Seat Lock
  • Added new Advanced Waypoints Actions for Options: ECM Use, Restrict Air-to-Air Attack, Restrict Jettison, Restrict Afterburner, Restrict Air-to-Ground Attack, AA Missile Attack Range, and No Report Waypoint Pass.
  • USAF Aggressors are a special country that have all aircraft, helicopters, ships, and vehicles accessible to them.
  • Added Fire at point task now has a quantity value allowing users to define the number of shots fired at the target.
  • Changed All text boxes (Mission briefings, do script, etc) character limit has been increased to approx 16,000 characters.
  • Adding aircraft to a group set to spawn on ramp now places the new aircraft at the closest available spot to the lead aircraft.
  • Changed Triggered messages to now "stack" below currently displayed messages no longer over-writing a message that is currently being displayed.
  • Added "Clearview" variable to triggered messages to use the old method of displaying messages.
  • Added MANPAD units can now be transported via embarking actions like other infantry. (Side note currently you can't add them to a group with an existing embarking task, you have to create the group as you want it THEN create the embarking task if it contains a MANPAD)
  • Fixed Bombs not producing a "shot" event.
  • Unit.getPlayerName() is now functional on ground units and will return a player’s name if they are directly controlling the unit via Combined Arms.
  • Many new countries have been added. These countries are not yet populated with units, although they have access to all static object and fortifications objects available, along with aircraft that are DCS modules. These countries include: Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, China, Croatia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, and USAF Aggressors. These countries are also added to the logbook with a few already populated with ranks and squadrons.
  • Sound files triggered to play over a radio frequency now works correctly.
  • Static ships will no longer only face east. They will respect the direction specified in the mission editor.

Artificial Intelligence (AI)

• Aircraft use smarter holding point logic for landings
  • AI planes now land in two-ships and can a make straight approach even if starting velocity is too high at landing IP. The first pair lands using a direct approach and second will maintain a holding pattern. After first pair lands, the second pair will make their approach.
  • AI using cranks after BVR shots to extend F and A poles
  • Improved AI weapon system logic. AIs will more accurately estimate AAM percentage chance of kill (Pk). This is intended to prevent situations where missiles bled energy pursuing targets with low Pk.
  • Improved AI logic of follow-on missile (AIM-120B/C, R-27 series, AIM-7, AIM-54 and R-33) shot if it determines the prior shot has been trashed
  • Added antiship task to Su-17, Su-25 and MiG-27
  • 4 v 2 ACM tactics have been improved. Both elements will now take part in the fight
  • AI formations will now make altitude changes more smoothly, thus allowing with wingmen to more easily stay in formation
  • Cruise missiles have much better terrain following guidance now
  • Improved AI use of JDAMs. AI can now drop bombs on multiple targets on a single pass.
  • Fixed Patriot so it now re-arms if near a warehouse
  • Changed M-109 reload time to be less insane. Was 7000 seconds, now 3600 seconds.

Models

• New F-5E
  • New L-39C
  • AIS pod added to payload of Western aircraft (no special function at this time)
  • LANTIRN pods on F-16 corrected for older missions
  • New Model for TPZ
  • New model for Roland ADS
  • Added APC Tigr 233036 (Available to Russia)
  • Added APC Cobra (Available to Georgia)
  • Building fires are now local to the weapon impact location

Weapons

• Lift of R-73 and AIM-9M was increased from 0.5-0.4 to 0.9-0.8
  • Increased luminosity size of smoke for S-8TsM and Hydra WP smoke marker rockets
  • Increased maximum structural G limit of AIM-9M from 35 to 40 G
  • Gun Smoke effect tuned

Black Sea Map

• Added higher-resolution texture created by Mustang
  • Increased damage value for hardened targets like ammo depot, command center and aircraft shelters by 1.5 to 2.0 of their previous values.
  • Ground units falling through bridges has been largely eliminated

F-15C

• Infinite fuel after aerial refueling has been fixed
  • Transonic Roll-off eliminated
  • Wing rock effects implemented
  • Rudders have more authority
  • PTC operation corrected: trimming no longer required in transition from SL to 40000', 'wind up' effects corrected much faster, correct operation on-ground.
  • High altitude, medium and high AoA behavior is corrected (related to TRO above)
  • Slow speed, high AoA behavior is corrected
  • Throttle movement range compression is mostly corrected (full movement range is useable, FTIT/RPM barely changes as altitude increases)
  • Two wing tanks now have less drag than the belly tank
  • Selectable bingo bug is implemented
  • Afterburner stages lighting off are now subtly audible
  • Conditions of oscillatory and flat spin are corrected

MiG-29

• New 6DOF cockpit for Flaming Cliffs 3. New external model is in progress.

Su-27

• Engine model update. Introduced RPM calculation based on flight conditions (temperature, velocity, altitude). Core engine temperature and trust envelope was corrected.
  • Corrected speed indication on HUD when below 80 KPH.

P-51D

• Gunsight cable added to cockpit 3d model
  • The 3-in-1 instrument "engine gauge" of the P-51D is missing the „SQ. IN.“ label
  • In-game manual fixed
  • Sperry AN 5735-1 Directional Gyro missing markings at 45 and 315 degrees
  • AN 5825 Vertical Speed Indicator errors
  • Smoke Generator Typo fixed

Mi-8MTV2

• Virtual flight engineer has been implemented
  • SARPP-12 system (System of Automatic Registration of Flight Data) now has animated panel
  • Fully implemented model of KO-50 kerosene powered defroster
  • (P-503B) cockpit voice recorder is now animated
  • Activated all circuit breakers
  • Signal flare system is now made fully operational
  • Annunciator "СТВОРКИ ОТКРЫТЫ" (Cargo bay doors open) now functional
  • Siren is implemented
  • «АВТОМАТ. СБРОС» (automatic release) switch is now functional
  • The external resistance for voltage control of STG-3 starter-generator is now implemented. Circuit breaker is located on the right hand electric panel
  • The external resistance "VS-33А" «I — РЕГУЛИРОВАНИЕ НАПРЯЖЕНИЯ — II» (I - voltage control - II) is now implemented

Details of these improvements can be found in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143573

F-86F

• Rudder authority increased
  • In-game manual added
  • Fixed incorrect tank jettison button hint in russian localization
  • Emergency ignition switch is now normal two-position switch instead of spring-loaded
  • Gun Selector now OFF instead of ALL GUNS at cold or runway start
  • When guarded, rocket release selector now is always in OFF position
  • New cockpit lights added

Bf-109K-4

• New skins
  • New normal map
  • Minor 3D issues
  • Flap warning buzzer sound level tuned
  • Control stiffening for Rudders
  • Campaign fixes
  • Gaps between fuselage and cockpit (when viewed in cockpit) fixed
  • Loading screen and wallpaper renders fixed
  • General FM improvements
  • New Options for setting rudder and aileron trim tabs in options menu

Fw-190D-9

• Fuel system warning light errors
  • Normal full oxygen pressure
  • SZKK4 texture errors
  • Corrected skins
  • New normal map

Hawk

• HUD clipping fixed - HUD no longer shows outside HUD glass
  • Training Mission cold start - Updated to have voice over by instructor and typos fixed
  • Small graphical artifact on canopy model - this was a remnant of the canopy handle
  • Kneeboard has been implemented
  • Wrong number of stations on loadout screen in ME when Hawk module isn't installed.
  • Code optimization for DCS 1.5.0
  • Graphical optimization for DCS 1.5.0
  • Night lighting updated for 1.5.0

Combined Arms

• Tanks with laser rangefinder. An automatic calculation fire solution taking into account range, wind speed, own tank speed, angular speed of target LOS is now implemented. (RShift+L)
  • Added Arcade (isometric) View
  • Uragan MRLS can now be controlled by player
  • Added Sights for Challenger 2 and LAV-25
  • Added Sights for M6 Linebacker (M2 Bradley sight for the gun, Avenger sight for SAM)
  • Synchronization issues in Multiplayer is fixed
  • Fixed sight visibility limitation while zooming in fog conditions
  • Fixed air target radio emissions detection with RWR, if the target is not visible for ground radars due to curvature of earth
  • Added Sights for T-72 and T-90 MBT (from T-80)
  • Corrected SAM launch for Oliver Perry and Normandy
  • Added second reverse gear for M1A2 MBT
  • Added initial voice communications for Red and Blue tank crews. More to come.
  • Adjusted M1A2 engagement range

C-101

• Mirror image orientation corrected
  • Mirror image is now hidden when retracted
  • External textures improved
  • New Liveries: Royal Air Force Fictional, Patrulla Águila 30 Anniversary, Matacán 100000 HOURS, Armée de l'Air Fictional
  • Several liveries corrections
  • Solved issue with GPU missing when there is wind
  • Fixed issue with both ailerons deflecting in same direction for AI
  • Collision model improved (now damage affects SFM aerodynamics)
  • Default payloads added to Mission Editor
  • Surfaces and controls are now animated when using keyboard
  • Several inputs added
  • Kneeboard added
  • Ejection Seat adjusting added
  • Sounds for GPU and ejection seat fixed and added
  • Input options issues fixed
  • GUI image in payload section corrected
  • LoD optimization improved
  • It's now possible to open the canopy with keyboard/joystick assignment
  • Ejection sequence corrected
  • Theme music added
  • Pilot 3D model added in cockpit view
  • PSD C-101 Template 2048 added
  • Several cockpit textures issues fixed
  • Parking brake implemented
  • Startup training mission with English voice overs included

MiG-21bis

• Implemented RU Game Localization
  • Replaced multiple existing inputs with toggle inputs.
  • Added 9 New Keyboard Inputs: ASP Target Size, KPP Pitch Set, RSBN/PRGM Channel Select, Radio On/Off, Radio Volume & Chl Selection
  • Fixed various instances of the Radio not working.
  • Fixed the Radar operating without electrical power
  • Increased missile smoke visibility
  • Fixed the “SPRD Appears on F6 View after use” bug
  • Introduced special option for ASP pipper gameplay features.
  • Improved drag chute physics, including chute use in stall/spin recovery (Animation is however still limited)
  • Corrected Rudder Authority (“Rudder overpowering ailerons”)
  • Added UUA Sensor animation
  • Improved Over-G weapon jettison (Dynamic Weight Calculation, per-pylon/weapon limit)
  • Improved regulated Afterburner throttle control
  • Partially fixed visible weapons remaining on destroyed/missing wings
  • Fixed A-A missile lock tone bug
  • Corrected wing thickness & angle
  • Various corrections on all weapon pylons
  • Rebuilt frontal canopy for smooth fuselage transition
  • Re-Drew rivet and panel lines on rear fuselage
  • Added red floodlights in cockpit
  • Dozens of minor 3D/2D issues
  • Fixed various Cockpit graphics issues
  • Corrected various ASP calculation issues (Incorrect lead, “CCIP”)
  • Added 8-10 new default liveries
  • New specular maps
  • Sculpted rear fuselage into a new normal map
  • Added new SPRD Rocket booster model and texture
  • Corrected placement of SPRD Rocket booster on aircraft
  • Further optimized external model and textures
  • Revised gear door textures
  • Corrected AoA vane animation
  • Temporarily removed 'Canopy Icing' checkbox pending visual implementation

Localization

• Mi-8MTV2. Russian Training Missions added.
  • Bf 109. Russian Single Missions added.
  • German Bf-109 K-4 manual added.

More notes from c0ff

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0ff 

a couple of notes about 1.5:

- We won't build 32-bit binaries anymore. The users of 32-bit systems will stop getting the updates. Steam users will have to switch to a special 'beta' to keep using 32-bit DCS (locked at 1.2.16).
- Netcode improvements will come later 
- ServMan support is currently broken but will be restored. This will require some minor work on ServMan part. ServMan maintainters are welcome to PM me.
- The infamous network 'integrity check' was removed and will be replaced with a different tech.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2487387#post2487387

• Like 1

New Mig-29 pit screens.

Screen_150929_113144.jpg

Screen_150929_113107.jpg

Screen_150929_113124.jpg

• Like 2

I am going to patiently wait for the general/debugged public release of 1.5.

Looks pretty good, though!

• Like 1

I played around with it some the other night. Runs a whole lot smoother and I have no problem cranking up the settings my GTX 770. Less stutters, although I have kept trees and bushes down to avoid sucking up resources.

One of the first major bugs I noticed was AI has gone into extreme mode with aircraft collision avoidance. Also aircraft no longer take-off from runways into the direction of the prevailing winds, instead the taxi to one side start rolling from there. On some airfields this is a problem because AI will taxi to the middle or end of the runway.

I did a short "tester" video here. I wanted to see how things worked out before I resumed production of my main video series.

Edited by ironroad
  • Like 2

Nice............would report any Bugs ASAP..............after the main update comes out there may be less emphasis to fix them.

I am going to patiently wait for the general/debugged public release of 1.5.

Looks pretty good, though!

I am too my friend. 

They eye candy all over forums and facebook  is so beautiful... but mixed in with one helluva bug list, both global and end-user specific. I hope they squash them bugs quick, because I want the long promised higher frame rates, higher quality graphics, new gameplay features, and a large squashing of long existing bugs, a very rare combination!

• Like 1

Once again Bunyap does an excellent job breaking down the patch notes. Looks very promising. 

I am too my friend. 

Ditto. I've read the trials and tribulations that people have gone through for this beta--no thanks, I don't have the time to spend on all that! My desire to participate in betas has markedly declined in recent years.

Gimme a working one and I'm all over it, though.

• Like 1

Honestly I (and many members of the 476th vFG) haven't had near the issues that people are posting on the ED boards.  We even had a MP session upwards of 6 hours the day after "release" with no crashes.  

Honestly, reading many of the "bug" reports on the ED boards come across to me as user error, trying to mod the beta by users who don't know what they're doing, or people just don't know what they're talking about.  Is it perfect, no, but IMO not broken enough not to enjoy it.

Edited by paulrkiii
  • Like 1

That may be true for some, but speaking as someone who's never used the beta branch even once and has a decent number of planes (by no means all) I'm not confident in the process to do it for myself.

I stopped modding anything but what I can do with Steam Workshop or dumping planes/maps/vehicles into folders for SF2 or Arma2/3. I just don't have the time to spend fiddling around.

When I can start DCS World and the updater will punch it up to 1.5, THEN I will consider it out for release.

My curiosity has gotten the best of me. I'm making an install on another hard drive. 

My curiosity has gotten the best of me. I'm making an install on another hard drive. 

You won't regret it. A lot of the annoying AI bugs still exist, but game play is a whole lot smoother.

I've had DCS for quite a while and bought several modules. Not that I ever used it much because I have what would be considered a minimum spec system for running DCS. (ASUS AMD Athelon II X2 220 2.8G, 64 bit Win 10, 8 GB ram, GTX 650 Ti 2MB. Like I said, decidedly minimum.) Consider it banking them for the future.

I would get 20-40 (40 looking at the sky) in free flight (F-86) with frequent dips into the teens using low presets. Stuttering to the point it would be nearly unflyable if anything was going on. With 1.5 and low presets I get 120. Not a typo. 120 frames. Using medium I get 80. Fantastic! It's finally useable and I can SEE! Still getting the odd stutter but I think it's either rendering or the full screen bug. At any rate, color me impressed.

• Like 1

I remain patient. I have no interest in maintaining a beta install in parallel with a main install.

Despite the delays involved and the fun I am missing out on, I have even less interest in maintaining an alpha and a beta install in parallel with a main install :P

I am looking forward to both the improved Georgia and NTTR terrains in 2.0. But I am equally or perhaps more interested in bug fixes to various aircraft modules. I am also curious about improved frame rates.