Canadair

Terrain and texture (and lod) problem on SF2 dx10

Windows 8.1 with asus G750

DX10

I have a strange graphic glitch; terrain appear to be splitting in tiles, and airplanes are flickering and their lods became transparent and /or mixed with other lods.

It doesn t happen if I force DX9, but then FPS are lower.

Is there any ideA?

The mod is operation darius but it happens also on less populated situations and campaigns

post-8037-0-13152400-1443706983_thumb.jpg

post-8037-0-22099700-1443706998_thumb.jpg

post-8037-0-66378400-1443707010_thumb.jpg

I have experienced clipping in FE2 similar to your second photo.  It went away when I revised the 3D model, but I don't know what caused it.  Second shot shows same aircraft after a minor change, not associated with the engine.  Go figure.

post-39531-0-99722500-1443708135_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-62960600-1443708819_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geezer

Let me guess, you have a nVidia based card, with 2GB of VRAM and running 355.xx drivers ?

Let me guess, you have a nVidia based card, with 2GB of VRAM and running 355.xx drivers ?

yes to all of them. Any cure?

No solution as of yet, apart from rolling back to 353.xx drivers (unless you are a GTX 950 owner), sorry.

Apparently setting a few parameters directly with the nVidia config app slightly mitigates the problem but doesn't solve it entirely, it seems memory related and a change in how things are dealt with when you use more memory than the card has (having a 4GB card might mitigate the problem but most of the heavy modded installs usually seen here will come across that problem too, it's definitely not worth spending cash hoping to solve the problem that way).

Edited by Gunrunner

Even though my problem went away, the answer is yes.

hmm back to 3.53...well it is no slouch vid card either. I guess it is some "memory leak" in how the memory is used. And since it does not happen with other games, it is again an issue of TK.

Wonderful.And actually it affects all nvidi unless they have.. how many gb 8, 10, 12 of ram? Which is obviuoly much above all specifications for SF2

What are the parameters in the nvida control panel?

EDIT : latest 355.98 seem much better on my system; problem is still present thoguh

Edited by Canadair

nVidia released driver 358.50 today that seems stable. Looks good so far on my Wiin7 64. Still testing, but I can use a 2nd opinion.