daddyairplanes

Russian Fighter ops in Syria

http://www.rt.com/news/317335-rt-exclusive-latakia-airbase/

NOTE: this is meant to showcase close up shots from recent media of Russian AF weapons and aircraft. If you want politics or to rant, go to the appropriate thread in the Arena. Keep the comments clean gents!

Thing of interest to me was how he was allowed to walk under the wings or even be that close on the flight line while filming.

Been hearing about this one for a while.Most of the available footage shows Su-24s,25s and 34s.However there are rumors of Su-30Sm being placed there for Air to Air ops too.Let's just hope no incident occurs between these guys and NATO.

Gets up close to the Su-25s and those FAB gravity bombs........wonder if they are Su-25SM3.

You would expect a high level of self defence capability so Su-30/ advanced SAMs & plenty of ground troop all likely.

Not gonna lie, those Su-34s are sexy in an A-10 sort of way.

Curious if there's any Fencer-Es or Fencer-Fs among the Su-24s. Kinda doubt they're all just Fencer-Ds.

Well ISIS does not have any AF so anything in the air can be considered friendly, only have to watch to not to bump each other's benders.

I do not think that there will be any rivalry to bust the same skunk hole among them.

Beside that its a good opportunity for both sides to observe each others radio and other signal transmissions so all in all both sides wins. They get intelligence and bust a common "enemy" like back in the great wars.

Interesting how the Su-24s and Su-30s have had markings and tail numbers crudely painted over.

Edited by Viggen

At the Komsomolskaya Pravda pictures, you see, that the red stars on the Su-24M are now shown again. It seems to be the the insignias were painted over only for transfer reasons.

Is that on the landing Su-34 at 00:22?

Yes, there are more photos of those bombs at Gepard's link.  The Russian MoD in their latest press releases reference BETAB-500 concrete piercing bombs, too.  

• Like 1

Sure is a good thing they have those heavily AAM-outfitted Su-30s there to stop those ISIS fighters. :blink:

Sure is a good thing they have those heavily AAM-outfitted Su-30s there to stop those ISIS fighters. :blink:

The Su-30 are only a show of force. Nothing to worry about it. They are a shield for the case that our "very good friend" Erdogan decides not only to bomb the only the Kurds who were for a long time the only force who fought successfully against the IS, but also decides to fight directly against Assad.

The link does not work.

Thanks for the advice: Here its the correct link

Greetings :)

Pues me ha gustado bastante Cristian, especialmente algunos de los aviones como el J-10 pero sobretodo lo mejor del mod desde mi punto de vista son los sonidos y los speech packs, aunque no entiendo muy bien como puede diferenciar los speech pack por nacionalidades. El chino que suena durante el vuelo co el J-10 está muy bien.

A mejorar; el terreno, tenemos muchos packs que puede usar para mejorar el terreno y que usted puede disfrutar incluso con su modesto sistema.

I liked it Cristian, specially some of the planes like the J-10, but over all the best of this mod from my point of view are the sounds and the speechpacks, even If I don't understood how you can have different speech packs divided by the nation you fly. The chinese that sounds during the J-10 flight is very nice.

To improve; the terrain, as we have plenty of terrain improvements you can enjoy even with your modest system.

The Su-34 is a very impressive plane!

An other russian picture gallerie. Source: Komsomolskaya Pravda

http://www.kp.ru/photo/63724/1151603/

Some reports say that there has been Russian support units in Syria for at least 3 months. Premeditation... But seeing the legs of the mechanics, I would say they had not worn shorts in a sunny place since ages.