Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Is anyone still playing Mech Commander 2?

So in between breaks of working on some awesome projects for CombatACE (I can't wait to show you guys and gals!) I play a few minutes of Mech Commander 2 it's an old game but the funny thing is that the quality of the graphics are just horrible ... choppy and are just off.

And if by some strange chance you were like me trying to figure out how in the hell such an old game can't be up to speed with graphics cards that are just so far advanced it's not even funny. I have the solution for you.

There are two files in the games directory that prevenets the game from working with modern graphics cards. Funny how a business about the future ... never really plans for the future.

What fixed my problem with crappy graphics was deleting these two files:

vidcard.csv
badcard.csv

Waisted a lot of time trying to figure that problem out and all it was those two files.

Well back to work.

• Like 2

I remember the first time I played Alien vs Predator : Extinction (2002), was thinking they just used the graphics from MechCommander. I really should try to replay it now (still with M4 Mercenaries with MekTek 3.1) until the new Battletech comes out (Mmmh King Crab...  :heart: ).

What blew my mind is how many people still love Battlmech.

I REFUSE to the play the online game. That's just mech crack for me. Next thing you'll know I'll be living in a cardboard box with internet connection  ...

• Like 1

Idem, I nerver go to Mech Online, in one hand I nearly ever played Mechwarrior 3/ Dark Moon/ 4/ 4 Mercenaries in solo campaign with a joystick and in the other no way to pay for EVERY single new Mech coming out.

I really liked the Real Time Tactics campaign style in that the player controls a group of (customizable) units but there're no resource gathering involved. S.W.I.N.E., Codename panzers 1 & 2 by an eastern european gaming studio was also RTT and massively fun:D (forgot the name... their follow on corporate offspring Rush To Berlin not so good imo..), there was Nexus the jupiter incident, even Homeworld is somewhat RTT because there's a unit cap(?).

Did someone say the new battlemech game KS campaign got funded in one day?.. I checked their KS page on day 4 and they surely had already reached stage 1. That promo video was awesome!

Yep 53 minutes they recieved all the funding they needed for the first. I've tried to get an interview with them but ... oh well. In they're case I'll let it slide I mean for cyring out loud they're making a mech game.

What blew my mind is how many people still love Battlmech.

I REFUSE to the play the online game. That's just mech crack for me. Next thing you'll know I'll be living in a cardboard box with internet connection  ...

I have never played MECH COMMANDER or MECH WARRIOR - are they strategy based games or are they First Person Shooters ????

If so, is there a Playable PC demo out there so I could have a taste before buying????

Mech Commanders were strategy games, Mech Warriors were all pure action games mixing FPS or TPS as you wish with a bit of tactic.

If you want to try Mech Warrior 4 Mercenaries for free, here is a link which still work : http://www.shadows-of-empirion.de/drupal/node/529 (I used it about three times already and it is not viral, don't worry).

This will give you the complete game and it comes with MekTek 3.1 mod (about 170 Mechs and Battle Armors, new weapons, new maps...). Microsoft has drop MW4 license a few years ago, so much to enjoy  :beach:

THANK YOU

I've been looking all over the freaking place for this.... yep I know what I'm doing this weekend ...

"Anytime Compadre"

Still a pleasure to help Mech lovers.

Well I downloaded it. Clicked on it nothing happened. .. It was not virus though ... I did however find another source to download the game and am working on that now. At any rate I still thank you because had it not been for your post I would not have guessed it was up for grabs. Thank you so much and I hope I get to see this game in action.

EDIT: GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This game is awesome ...

man, I LOVE the mech games. 

I still play Mech Commander 2 quite often. There's a good free version floating around called Omnimech that has quite a few cool additions as well.

Thanks for sharing that MW4 link...I had an old link with the same files, but it doesn't work anymore. I'm excited to try that link when I get home. 

Sadly though, I've been unable to get Mechwarrior 3 or Mechwarrior 2 working well on Windows 8. Sad news. Hopefully GOG will get them someday. 

man, I LOVE the mech games. 

I still play Mech Commander 2 quite often. There's a good free version floating around called Omnimech that has quite a few cool additions as well.

Thanks for sharing that MW4 link...I had an old link with the same files, but it doesn't work anymore. I'm excited to try that link when I get home. 

Sadly though, I've been unable to get Mechwarrior 3 or Mechwarrior 2 working well on Windows 8. Sad news. Hopefully GOG will get them someday. 

Hey did you look into whether or not your they have files preventing things from working (like in Mech Commander 2?)

THANKS FOR THE INPUT B52STRATO, it's Mech Warrior  for me !!!!

DUDE this came is so fun. I had no idea! I'm loving this game! I just strapped an artillery piece to a Mech ... this game allows me to be me ...

• Like 1