Sign in to follow this  
Boresight

Artifacts and glitches related with "Options > Graphics" settings ?

Hello everyone,

After formating my PC and installing the various SF2 titles, and choosing some high end graphic settings, I started to get various glitches and artifacts on the image (see images below):

- odd shadows on the aircraft exterior;

- buildings flashing were isn't supposed to;

- terrain distortions, glitch stripes of light blue color, etc.

SF2 ; SF2 V ; SF2 E ; SF2 I ; ExpPack 1 ; ExpPack 2 ; SF2 NA - version March 2012.

- Installing SF2 Update July 2012 helped somewhat in getting rid of some artifacts;

- What appears to be the main cause are the 2 options at graphic settings:

Choosing "Terrain texture" and "Ground objetcs" to "unlimited".

It happen's at every title.

Can anyone confirm this, or I'm I doing something wrong this time? (already updated nvidia drivers)

Thank you.

post-80702-0-87276000-1444842310_thumb.jpg

post-80702-0-36282400-1444842323_thumb.jpg

post-80702-0-30727700-1444842338_thumb.jpg

Revert to previous nVidia drivers, new ones cause these issues.  I think your thread is the fourth or fifth about these glitches caused by the now damned nVidia drivers, we'd better stick to just one of these topics so that future users can find an answer to this problem easily. 

• Like 2

Revert to previous nVidia drivers, new ones cause these issues.  I think your thread is the fourth or fifth about these glitches caused by the now damned nVidia drivers, we'd better stick to just one of these topics so that future users can find an answer to this problem easily. 

Hello blaze95,

Thank you.

So, basically the last 2 driver versions are the source of the problem?

The glitches / artifacts appeared with both nvidia driver version 355.98, and driver version 358.50.

So, basically the last 2 driver versions are the source of the problem?

The 353.62 version should fix the issues as stated by other users.  I'm stuck with an old GeForce 310, and the latest drivers for it are version 341.81, old but working and Windows 10 compatible.  The 353.62 seems the most recent stable release for the newest graphic cards, the only problem is that each nVidia release contains game ready drivers for the latest games.  Unless you plan to play the latest games, you're good to go.

Hello again.

Will try the drivers tomorow and leave feedback - first there's the drive cleaning; defrag; new merge install etc.

About the games I'm playing the most part of the year (will see if they run ok on the old drivers):

- FSX + F-14x (Aerosoft) + TacPack;

- SF2 (mostly North Atlantic);

- Falcon BMS.

The 353.62 version should fix the issues as stated by other users.  I'm stuck with an old GeForce 310, and the latest drivers for it are version 341.81, old but working and Windows 10 compatible.  The 353.62 seems the most recent stable release for the newest graphic cards, the only problem is that each nVidia release contains game ready drivers for the latest games.  Unless you plan to play the latest games, you're good to go.

Hello everyone,

Blaze, indeed it fixed ! Driver 353.62 is the one.

All SF2 titles running 5 stars now, with some "ultimate" graphic settings !

The lunch is on me when you visit Portugal one day Blaze! Thank you!

well with my vid card i need to use 358.50 to run sf-2 perfectly..

so i a mention before in a other topic its about your vidcard.. in combination with the drivers.

it dont  mean that every nvidia card runs great with 353 or 358 or what kind of driver you want to use.

its test and trial.. to see what driver is great for you pc..

and my tip is use nvidia inspector..

that program can force things that nvidia control panel can't force.

when i am using 353.62 i get allmost every 10 minutes a error and blackscreen

saying that nvidia driver has crashed.. and in sf-2 it created white/black textures in side my f-14 tomcat cockpit.

this is fixed for my vidcard with the use of the 358.50 driver.

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

well with my vid card i need to use 358.50 to run sf-2 perfectly..

so i a mention before in a other topic its about your vidcard.. in combination with the drivers.

it dont  mean that every nvidia card runs great with 353 or 358 or what kind of driver you want to use.

its test and trial.. to see what driver is great for you pc..

and my tip is use nvidia inspector..

that program can force things that nvidia control panel can't force.

when i am using 353.62 i get allmost every 10 minutes a error and blackscreen

saying that nvidia driver has crashed.. and in sf-2 it created white/black textures in side my f-14 tomcat cockpit.

this is fixed for my vidcard with the use of the 358.50 driver.

Glad to hear you managed to solve your graphics problem, I've read your other thread also.

Yes, I didn't notice before that the one's really working for you were the 358.50 version.

I also tried those in hope of getting rid of the several kinds of artifacts, however in my GTX 770 only the 353.62 are working flawless.

By the way, what graphics card are you using with SF2 ?

Glad to hear you managed to solve your graphics problem, I've read your other thread also.

Yes, I didn't notice before that the one's really working for you were the 358.50 version.

I also tried those in hope of getting rid of the several kinds of artifacts, however in my GTX 770 only the 353.62 are working flawless.

By the way, what graphics card are you using with SF2 ?

i use a asus 460 direct cu top 1 gb... its a factory overclocked vidcard with a better cooler then the stock 460.

<special game serie>

and with the new driver  the 358.50 it even keeps my vid cooler then with the 353.62

at the moment 26 decrees celsius at room temp of 21 to 23 degrees celsius.

with the 353.62 it was 32 decrees celsius at same room temp..

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/263341/asus-engtx460-directcu-top-2di-1gd5/specificaties/this is my vid

on the website it says its have open gl 4.0 but its 5.0

also try to use nvidia inspector.. instead of the nvidia controle panel..

inspector can do lot more things and has profiles for all most every game out there.

it can forces things nvidia control panel can't

or even let you adjust things that control panel don't have as options..

its a more advanced control panel i have a 60 fps 2ms monitor..

with nvidia inspector i can run arma 3 on high settings and have constantly 60 fps.

without inspector it drops down to allmost 50 fps.. so it definitly works

Edited by Gulfwarfighter
  • Like 1

i use a asus 460 direct cu top 1 gb... its a factory overclocked vidcard with a better cooler then the stock 460.

<special game serie>

and with the new driver  the 358.50 it even keeps my vid cooler then with the 353.62

at the moment 26 decrees celsius at room temp of 21 to 23 degrees celsius.

with the 353.62 it was 32 decrees celsius at same room temp..

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/263341/asus-engtx460-directcu-top-2di-1gd5/specificaties/this is my vid

on the website it says its have open gl 4.0 but its 5.0

also try to use nvidia inspector.. instead of the nvidia controle panel..

inspector can do lot more things and has profiles for all most every game out there.

it can forces things nvidia control panel can't

or even let you adjust things that control panel don't have as options..

its a more advanced control panel i have a 60 fps 2ms monitor..

with nvidia inspector i can run arma 3 on high settings and have constantly 60 fps.

without inspector it drops down to allmost 50 fps.. so it definitly works

So far I've only used NVidia Inspector to tweak with FSX (+ aerosoft F-14x)...

So do you think it woul help considerably to tweak with "ansiotropic filtering" and "antialiasing" settings on NVidia Inspector to get rid of the serrated edges on the SF2 (image below) ?

post-80702-0-56288200-1445178250_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boresight

So far I've only used NVidia Inspector to tweak with FSX (+ aerosoft F-14x)...

So do you think it woul help considerably to tweak with "ansiotropic filtering" and "antialiasing" settings on NVidia Inspector to get rid of the serrated edges on the SF2 (image below) ?

well i know with some games you can't use antialiasing with in combination with  ansiotropic filtering

or some vidcards don't like triple buffering with other settings..

its expirimental. for every vidcard what the best settings is.

i can run SF2 at max. without any problem

well i know with some games you can't use antialiasing with in combination with  ansiotropic filtering

or some vidcards don't like triple buffering with other settings..

its expirimental. for every vidcard what the best settings is.

i can run SF2 at max. without any problem

I believe you're right, but can you for instance, get a MiG-21 without the serrated edges like the ones in the image ?

If so, can you post a print screen ?

Edited by Boresight