Sign in to follow this  

hi there.. its being for me a while back that i played strike fighters in general.. i now own all of the versions of sf2..

but my cant remember how to install terrains.

i did download the norway map <north euro and norway> and place it in the terrains folder. but i cant select it in mission editor.

so my question is how to install custom terrains in sf 2

and my second question is what happen when you install sf 1 terrains in to sf 2?

3th question what maps are great to fly for now days aircraft.

for sf 2

hi there.. its being for me a while back that i played strike fighters in general.. i now own all of the versions of sf2..

but my cant remember how to install terrains.

i did download the norway map <north euro and norway> and place it in the terrains folder. but i cant select it in mission editor.

so my question is how to install custom terrains in sf 2

As far as i know you cant select a different terrain in mission editor. You have to do it beforehand, but i might be wrong

Edited by 5tipe

okay well that is a pitty..

and how can i do that?

*Facepalm* the same way u change stock terrains on SF1....

if your speaking of my Northern Europe/Norway (aka: Northern Europe, WW2 displayed name) that map, this was designed, and built for WW2 ONLY.

as to installing, I'd hightly suggest reading the supplied readmes. Things are a bit different in SF2 than SF1

if your speaking of my Northern Europe/Norway (aka: Northern Europe, WW2 displayed name) that map, this was designed, and built for WW2 ONLY.

as to installing, I'd hightly suggest reading the supplied readmes. Things are a bit different in SF2 than SF1

Sorry dear modder Wrench.. i am honest i didn't read the readme this time..

most of the time i do.. I was too excited and thought it was a self-explanatory installation.. so no need to read the readme but i was wrong...

*Facepalm* the same way u change stock terrains on SF1....

well its been a few years for me now that i last played strike fighters.. so i have forgotten how too do that if i am honest...

<most of the time i was making missions and campaigns for arma en operation flashpoint and a little bit of falcon 4.0/ bms>

aha... make a copy of both exe and ini... now i remember..

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

???

one only does that when creating a "era specific" mods folder.

???

one only does that when creating a "era specific" mods folder.

well i want to use basicly from  1970 <vietnam era> towards pak-fa type of aircraft.

it woudl be nice on a map with europe inside it..

the german map does not included my Airbase or where i allmost life next too.

and its one of the most importent airbase in the netherlands. so i was looking for a replacement map.. with Airbase Leeuwarden, the netherlands in it.

i thougt maybe you ww2 have it.. because it also played a big role in ww2.

and how otherwise can i install terrains dear wrench.. it really is for me years ago.. falcon 4.0 bms its automaticly , arma 2 and 3 its very easy to install mods. just mainly drop in to the right folder and your done or activate it with a launcher or shortcut.

so yeah i can only remember something with the exe and ini and change name of those 2.

and start it up then there will be a folder created with the new name after that i cant remember how or what..so sorry for that it sounds noob like

if you're wanting a new western Europe, please be paitent! FRPigion is working on a modern version; look in the Missions/Campaigns Forum for his thread

http://combatace.com/topic/83063-europe-total-war-1979/

Leeuwarden is definately on the WW2 Euro (sometimes called "EAW Euro")  and my "Norway" map, but again these are very specific for WW2.

How familiar are you with the folder structure of SF2? Do you remember that new add-on stuff goes in the

C:\Users\- your name -\Saved Games\ThirdWire\** name of game **

folder instead of the

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire

To be honest, between SF1 and SF2, the folder structures ARE basicly the same, but just in different locations.

You need more help, just ask

if you're wanting a new western Europe, please be paitent! FRPigion is working on a modern version; look in the Missions/Campaigns Forum for his thread

http://combatace.com/topic/83063-europe-total-war-1979/

Leeuwarden is definately on the WW2 Euro (sometimes called "EAW Euro")  and my "Norway" map, but again these are very specific for WW2.

How familiar are you with the folder structure of SF2? Do you remember that new add-on stuff goes in the

C:\Users\- your name -\Saved Games\ThirdWire\** name of game **

folder instead of the

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire

To be honest, between SF1 and SF2, the folder structures ARE basicly the same, but just in different locations.

You need more help, just ask

no i did not know.. so thanks thats the first step i needed to remember al the stuff again.

not that familiar as i tought i did play sf 1 while back more then 4 years ago

and i made a huge campaign for vietnam* never uploaded it because it was not finished yet.. but like i said my head is just filled up with codes for arma series right now.

normally i watch some tut when i lost  but there aren't that much tuts around for sf2 or sf1

or in a language i really dont understand like spanish or arabic or french.. i only understand dutch german english and a little bit of dari/farsi

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

the "Bob" is long story. Wrench is fine!

wrench is also a cool name.. so i will use wrench..

and in my country bob means the driver that don't drink as his mates are getting drunk..

so yeah wrench is much better.

ontopic about terrains..

what kind of editor are there in use for sf-2

besides weapon and gun and campaign/mission editor.

i mean for terrain and for airport making.