Thanks VonS!

I've tested your ai data file and it does reduce the amount of crashes. :good:

I've increased the distances for OptimalCannonRange and MinCannonRange though.

In my last campaign mission  September 3, 1917, with 8 planes there were 2 kills due to collisions displayed in the de-briefing and one friendly AI crashed because of that. But usually there are no crashes at all. :grin:

Are you using the peter01 dumbed-down settings for the 2 seater gunner?
They are terrible at hitting and it's usually no danger attacking 2 seaters.

S!

vonOben

• Like 1

Hi VonOben,

Glad to hear that the ai data file modifications have reduced the amount of crashes. I am currently tinkering with a few other versions of that general ai data file (still more testing to do but the data changes are included below if you are interested in looking into the changes). I am noticing good variety of AI behavior but want to test further to see how good hit accuracy is (I've increased rudderforgunattack and rollforgunattack settings to make the AI more aggressive - also changed are cannonfireangle settings - I've reduced them overall, but given bigger angles to the veterans and aces, hoping for deflection shots from better flyers - other changes include longer cannonburstlength values).

Happy flying,

Von S

----------

[AIData]

AileronDeltaRoll=1.0
AileronRollRate=-0.8
ElevatorDeltaPitch=1.2
ElevatorPitchRate=-0.04
ThrottleDeltaSpeed=0.06
ThrottleVelocity=-0.06
MaxPitchForAltitude=25.0
MinPitchForAltitude=-15.0
PitchForThrottle=0.1
PitchForAltitude=0.00087
PitchForVerticalVelocity=-0.024
RollForHeading=10.0
RollForHeadingRate=-0.04
MinRollHeading=5.0
MaxRollForHeading=30.0
PitchForRoll=0.23
FormationSpeedForPosition=0.8
FormationSpeedForRate=0.5
GunnerFireChance=80
GunnerFireTime=5.0
GunnerAimOffset=0.080
GunnerAimAccuracy=75
MaxRollCombat=80.0
MaxPitchCombat=65.0
MaxRollFormation=3.0
FormationRollForPosition=0.01
FormationRollForVelocity=0.2
RollForGunAttack=4.0
RollForGunAttackRate=-0.3
RudderForGunAttack=3.0
RudderForHeading=0.9
RudderForYawRate=-0.5
RudderForSideslip=2.8
TakeOffRotationAngle=10.0

[DogfightNovice]
SafeAltitude=70
DefensiveAngle=35
ChanceDefensiveTurn=70
ChanceBreakTurn=80
ChanceHardTurn=70
ChanceTurnDirection=90
ChanceContinue=55
ChanceCheckNewTarget=40
ChanceUseVertical=50
RollForGunAttack=3.0
RollForGunAttackRate=-0.2
MaxRollForGunAttack=70
CannonFireAngle=10.0
MaxCannonRange=400
OptimalCannonRange=80
MinCannonRange=20
CannonBurstLengthShort=7.0
CannonBurstLengthLong=11.0

[DogfightGreen]
SafeAltitude=50
DefensiveAngle=45
ChanceDefensiveTurn=80
ChanceBreakTurn=90
ChanceHardTurn=80
ChanceTurnDirection=85
ChanceContinue=65
ChanceCheckNewTarget=45
ChanceUseVertical=60
RollForGunAttack=3.5
RollForGunAttackRate=-0.25
MaxRollForGunAttack=90
CannonFireAngle=10.0
MaxCannonRange=300
OptimalCannonRange=70
MinCannonRange=20
CannonBurstLengthShort=6.0
CannonBurstLengthLong=9.0

[DogfightRegular]
SafeAltitude=100
DefensiveAngle=60
ChanceDefensiveTurn=90
ChanceBreakTurn=90
ChanceHardTurn=90
ChanceTurnDirection=70
ChanceContinue=75
ChanceCheckNewTarget=55
ChanceUseVertical=75
RollForGunAttack=4.0
RollForGunAttackRate=-0.3
MaxRollForGunAttack=120
CannonFireAngle=15.0
MaxCannonRange=200
OptimalCannonRange=50
MinCannonRange=15
CannonBurstLengthShort=5.0
CannonBurstLengthLong=7.0

[DogfightVeteran]
SafeAltitude=150
DefensiveAngle=75
ChanceDefensiveTurn=100
ChanceBreakTurn=100
ChanceHardTurn=100
ChanceTurnDirection=55
ChanceContinue=85
ChanceCheckNewTarget=70
ChanceUseVertical=90
RollForGunAttack=5.0
RollForGunAttackRate=-0.35
MaxRollForGunAttack=150
CannonFireAngle=20.0
MaxCannonRange=150
OptimalCannonRange=30
MinCannonRange=10
CannonBurstLengthShort=4.0
CannonBurstLengthLong=6.0

[DogfightAce]
SafeAltitude=120
DefensiveAngle=90
ChanceDefensiveTurn=100
ChanceBreakTurn=100
ChanceHardTurn=100
ChanceTurnDirection=40
ChanceContinue=95
ChanceCheckNewTarget=80
ChanceUseVertical=100
RollForGunAttack=6.0
RollForGunAttackRate=-0.35
MaxRollForGunAttack=180
CannonFireAngle=25.0
MaxCannonRange=100
OptimalCannonRange=20
MinCannonRange=5
CannonBurstLengthShort=3.0
CannonBurstLengthLong=5.0

I will test further and include one of the (improved) versions of the general ai data file with an 8.6 update of the FM pack - and hopefully a few new aircraft as well. I haven't tinkered with the data for gunner accuracy in two-seaters, except for some of the gun values for guns used by gunners - in the big 8.0 update pack. Ideally, I would like to see slightly better accuracy from gunners on two seaters.

Also included below are modified entries for debris values in the aircraftobject ini file - with these settings, components falling off of aircraft now make a nice noise when they hit the ground, particularly bigger pieces - previously only the aircraft itself would make a crashing noise.

Von S

----------

[ComponentDebris]

Velocity=5.0
VelocityDeviation=0.2
AngleRateFactor=0.6
DragFactor=0.07
LifeTime=16.0
ShrapnelChance=50
ShrapnelCount=0
SmokeEffect=ComponentFireEffect
FireEffect=ComponentFireEffect

[systemDebris]
Velocity=7.0
VelocityDeviation=0.3
AngleRateFactor=0.8
DragFactor=0.06
LifeTime=10.0
ShrapnelChance=30
ShrapnelCount=0
SmokeEffect=DebrisSmokeEffect
FireEffect=DebrisFireEffect

[shrapnelDebris]
Velocity=8.0
VelocityDeviation=0.4
AngleRateFactor=1.0
DragFactor=0.05
LifeTime=6.0
ShrapnelChance=20
ShrapnelCount=0
SmokeEffect=
FireEffect=
  • Like 3

Hi vonS

Time for some more feedback:
Albatros D.V (170) missing sound file: EngineSoundName=mercedes180
Sopwith F.1 Camel (130) missing sound file: EngineSoundName=clerget130

It's possible I'm missing more engine sounds, are there more engine sounds where you have used other file names for the sound?

Nieuport 24 C.1 Lewis fire animation slightly in front of the plane.

AI gunnery is terrible in campaign missions with the latest ai data settings:

Example from last campaign mission:
Fired  hit    %
514     2    0,4
148     0    0
148     0    0

Best regards

vonOben

Ideally, I would like to see slightly better accuracy from gunners on two seaters.

I have followed your admirable work for some time, and would like to add an observation about gunners.  The memoirs of many famous WW1 aces frequently point out that an experienced two-seater crew could put up one helluva fight.  IIRC, McCudden once wrote how he 'gave a liver-colored DFW best' as they foiled each of his attacks, and each time damaged his SE5.

It may not be possible to tweak the game to authentically simulate experienced two-seater crews because there are so many factors in the equation.  One possibility is random assignments of experience levels to crews, with the old hands having VERY good gun accuracy?

Keep up the good work. :biggrin:

• Like 2

Hi VonOben,

The mercedes180 sound is the mercedes180m1 sound located in the big sound pack (I simply renamed the file). Also, the clerget130 is the renamed variant of the clerget9b2m1 sound also located in that same pack.

The latest AI ini file tweaks are very entertaining in single missions and one-on-one scenarios, but it's entirely possible that gun accuracy suffers in campaigns (I will go back to one of the earlier variants of the general ai ini file and will tweak that one some more) - from what I can observe, it is likely that two separate ai ini files are needed (one for single and custom missions, another for campaigns).

I will look into the fire problem on the Lewis gun of the Nieu 24 - I haven't gotten around to tweaking that model yet.

For those following this post, current modifications are under way for the Nieuport 12, Nieports 17 and 23 with Lewis-guns only, also the rare Nieuport 23bis (I will try to get around to tweaking the Roland D.6 and the aileron-version of the Fokker D.III for that update pack too, ver. 8.6).

And thank you Geezer for the kind words. I will look into that info. for gunner experience on two seaters. I think that Peter reduced pitch and yaw rates for gunners on two seaters, to make them less effective, also the gunnerfiretime seems fairly short too - perhaps longer bursts and wider gun movement will help with this.

Edit: I will write up a list of what engine sounds correspond with the original engine sounds in the big sound pack for FE/FE2 and will post that here later (and will include it in the read me with the FM updates).

Happy flying,

Von S  :pilotfly:

Edited by VonS

Hi again VonOben,

Here is a list that matches the engine sounds in my FM tweaks pack with the original engine names in the sound pack available for download, for FE/FE2:

my sound names - original sound names

daimler160 - austro-daimler185

daimler200 - austro-daimler200

daimler230 - austro-daimler225

bmw185 - bmw185

clerget130 - clerget9b2m1

gnome80 - gnome80m2

gnome100 - gnome100m2

gnome160 - gnome160m2

hispano150 - hispanosuizam150

hispano180 - hispanosuizam180

hispano200 - hispsuiz4M200

hispano220 - hispsuiz4M220

lerhone - ? (included maybe with MS-N download? will include in ver. 8.6 update)

lerhone9c80hp - LeRhone9c80hp1m2

Lerhone110 - Lerhone110m1

mercedes120 - mercedes120

mercedes160m2 - mercedes160

mercedes180 - mercedes180m1

mercedes260 - mercedes260

N24 - ? (included maybe with one of the Nieu.24 installs? will include in ver. 8.6 update)

OberurselU0 - OberurselU0

OberurselUI - OberurselUI

OberurselUR3 - OberurselURII(alternatif)

OberurselURII - OberurselURII

salmsonrad - RRFALCONm4

----

sounds that will be added in ver. 8.6

lerhoneearly - gnome50 (for Morane Saulnier type H)

23bissound - custom (tweak of lerhone sound I use for the MS-N and Nieu. 11)

Happy flying,

Von S

EDIT: The sounds file has obviously been expanded with later versions of the FM update packs for FE2 (please see the later/latest sound list ini file in the FM packs, and also take note that extra sounds have been included in later versions of the FM update packs too, including relevant changes to the sound entries of the data ini files).

Edited by VonS
Added important info. in note.
  • Like 1

I will look into the fire problem on the Lewis gun of the Nieu 24 - I haven't gotten around to tweaking that model yet.

Hi VonS

Regarding the Nieuport 24 C.1 Lewis I meant the fire animation when the plane start burning, not the guns firing.

Thanks for the sound list!

Best regards

vonOben

• Like 1

Hi VonOben,

Thank you for letting me know regarding the fire problem - the fire is slightly in front of the engine on the Nieu 24 Vickers model as well, from what I noticed. I will look into it - it's likely that the same fix will be applicable to the Lewis-variant of the Nieu 24 too.

Von S

• Like 1

Hi VonS

I found the N24.wav file in the Nieuport 16 download.

Best regards

vonOben

• Like 1

Dec. 25, 2016 Update: A few new plane types added (Nieu. 17 Lewis, Nieu. 23 Lewis, Nieu. 23bis, Nieu. 12), structural aspects improved on Morane monoplanes and the Nieuport family (damage rating, maxg limits, etc.), and other modifications included to help improve engine fire chances, also environmental tweaks for realistic cloud heights and better frame rates on low-end/integrated graphics cards. Please consult the relevant section of the included "Read Me" file for more thorough info. and detailed installation instructions.

Happy flying and happy holidays,

Von S

• Like 1

Hi VonS

Nice update, I'll download as soon it has been uploaded. :biggrin:

Thanks for all work you have made on "Tweaked Flight Models and Realism Pack for FE2"!   :good: 

Happy Holidays! :bye:

vonOben

• Like 2

Dec. 25, 2016 Update: A few new plane types added (Nieu. 17 Lewis, Nieu. 23 Lewis, Nieu. 23bis, Nieu. 12), structural aspects improved on Morane monoplanes and the Nieuport family (damage rating, maxg limits, etc.), and other modifications included to help improve engine fire chances, also environmental tweaks for realistic cloud heights and better frame rates on low-end/integrated graphics cards. Please consult the relevant section of the included "Read Me" file for more thorough info. and detailed installation instructions.

Happy flying and happy holidays,

Von S

Many thanks!!! :good:

• Like 1

The Spad VII fire problem is probably the result of poor positioning of the ExhaustPosition coordinates. Those are located under the Engine section of the Data ini files. Have caught the same problem on the Fokk. Eindeckers and corrected that in the earlier FM update versions, but haven't flown the Spads enough to notice the problem. I have now retested flying Albatroses against Spads, and better coordinates are as follows:

ExhaustPosition=0.0,0.30,0.04

This works well for the 150 and 180 HP Spad 7 variants - it gives a good fire that begins near the front of the engine and engulfs the pilot seating area.

Hi VonS

Feedback latest realism pack v.8.6:

The Spad 13C1 and Airco DH5 250 Hp have similar problem with the fire position.

Best regards

vonOben

Hi VonOben,

Thank you for the feedback. I will look into the Spad 13 engine fire problem for a ver. 8.7 update of the FMs. It's possible that the same coordinates fix for the Spad 7 will work well on the 13 too. The Airco DH.5 I haven't tweaked yet (probably over the next few months I will get to it, for one of the later FM update packs).

Here is a quick overview of where I would like to go with the next updates, for those reading this thread:

Ver. 8.7 - maxg and structural factor limits for the Albatros v-strutter types, Fokk. Eindeckers, perhaps also the early Fokk. biplane types (D.II), as well as the Morane/Pfalz parasol types and Pfalz Eindeckers; new planes to be included, the Roland D.6, Fokk. D.III late-variant with ailerons, also the Farman F.40

Ver. 9.0 - Alb. C.3, Hannover CL.II and III, Halberstadt CL.IV, Vickers FB.5, Avro 504C

Ver. 9.5 - several Entente models by A-team (will figure out which ones later)

Ver. 10.0 - several Central powers models by A-team (will figure this out later)

Happy flying,

Von S

• Like 3

It's possible that the same coordinates fix for the Spad 7 will work well on the 13 too.

Hi VonS

Yes, I think so too and I've made the changes but haven't had any burning Spad XIII after that...

Looking forward to the updates!

Your work is much needed and much appreciated! :good:

Best regards

vonOben

• Like 1

Feb. 5, 2017 Update: Farman types added, also MaxG limits for lift surfaces, and where relevant damage rating and structural factor tweaks, also ailerons/elevator/rudder tuning, across the Albatros line, the SPADs, Hanriots, early Parasol and mid-wing types (Morane, Fokker, and Pfalz), and the later Fokker types too. Tweaked parachute effects are also included. Please consult the relevant section of the included "Read Me" file for more info. and detailed installation instructions.

Happy flying,

Von S

• Like 3

Hi VonS

Perfect, I've downloaded and will install ASAP! :biggrin:

Thank you very much for continued updates, it's very much appreciated!   :good: 

S! :bye:

vonOben

• Like 2

Hi VonS

My first campaign mission with v.8.7 was a destroy enemy balloon mission.

I've added your BalloonFireEffect.ini but when I shot down the balloon I got a strange white square in the sky.

When I checked BalloonFireEffect.ini there is a reference to Ejectionchute.tga which is not included in Tweaked FM and Realism Pack 8.7.
Where can I download this file?

It would be much easier to install your files if you have the aircraft data files in their aircraft folders.

Have the AI settings in the aircraft data files been updated to harmonize with the changes in your AIRCRAFTAIDATA.INI?

For example:

AIRCRAFTAIDATA.INI
[DogfightVeteran]
DefensiveAngle=75
ChanceDefensiveTurn=100
ChanceTurnDirection=55
ChanceUseVertical=90

FOKKERDR1_DATA.INI
[DogfightVeteran]
DefensiveAngle=30
ChanceDefensiveTurn=95
ChanceTurnDirection=100
ChanceUseVertical=20

The Fokker DrI had excellent climbing abilities so I would think that it should have a higher ChanceUseVertical than the values in AIRCRAFTAIDATA.INI and not lower.

Best regards

vonOben

Edited by vonOben

Hi Von Oben,

The link to the Ejectionchute.tga is on page four of the ReadMe included with the ver. 8.7 update (here it is again below; there are two parachute tgas to choose from there, a green one and a white one):

http://combatace.com/files/file/8008-ejecting-pilots-mod-v10-update

Also, on page three of the ReadMe there is info. in the paragraph near the bottom on max. safe speeds at which to pull out of dives (roughly), given the new MaxG limits implemented across several plane types - I look forward to your observations on those effects, once you find time to test them.

I haven't done any tweaks to the dogfight skill levels included within individual aircraft data inis - but that is a good point. The Dr.1 would probably benefit from fighting in the vertical more so than it does currently (I will do some tweaks there and compare the files to see if the difference is noticeable).

Speaking of aircraft ai, I think that the best version of the general aircraft ai file that I've been able to come up with so far is one that I never officially released, from Nov. of 2016. The data is located in this forum, several posts ago, at:

http://combatace.com/topic/87403-tweaked-flight-models-and-realism-pack-for-fe2/?p=726960

I will test that general ai file in comparison with the current one, released with the 8.6 update pack. I like the ai's behavior in the version included with the 8.6 pack, but my wingmen hardly get any hits in - I think the Nov. version may be better since the firing angle is wider for veteran and ace flyers (these general ai files of course only apply to some of the earlier aircraft that are missing individual skill entries within their data inis).

Also, I have a question that you or someone may be able to respond to here on the forums, regarding the weather data located in the environmentsystem.ini file.

The section I have in mind is:

[baseWindSection]

BaseWindSpeed=5
BaseWindDirection=0
WindChange[01].ChangeTime=1.5
WindChange[01].ChangeChance=80
WindChange[01].SpeedAmount=1.2
WindChange[01].SpeedRate=1.1
WindChange[01].DirectionAmount=10.0
WindChange[01].DirectionRate=30.0
WindChange[02].ChangeTime=3.2
WindChange[02].ChangeChance=60
WindChange[02].SpeedAmount=1.5
WindChange[02].SpeedRate=2.0
WindChange[02].DirectionAmount=20.0
WindChange[02].DirectionRate=25.0
WindChange[03].ChangeTime=16.3
WindChange[03].ChangeChance=40
WindChange[03].SpeedAmount=4.0
WindChange[03].SpeedRate=1.4
WindChange[03].DirectionAmount=40.0
WindChange[03].DirectionRate=20.0
WindChange[04].ChangeTime=26.1
WindChange[04].ChangeChance=60
WindChange[04].SpeedAmount=1.5
WindChange[04].SpeedRate=1.6
WindChange[04].DirectionAmount=80.0
WindChange[04].DirectionRate=20.0

I have changed some of the direction rates, speed amounts, and change times, also change chances, from the default settings - and have noticed that this gives more changes to cloud patterns - but tweaking of the basewindspeed and basewinddirection entries doesn't result in any changes. Does this perhaps apply only to higher altitudes, above, say, 20,000 feet? Or perhaps there is some other way of activating this? A typical direction on the western front should be something like 280 degrees, with maybe a base wind of 15 m/s - with this working, it would be possible to include greater realism in FE2 - with settings for no wind, light wind, wind gusts, and very windy days. I've tried all sorts of wind speeds but no changes are observed in game (changing such settings in single mission files also doesn't produce any changes, at least in my setup of FE2).

The ReLoad program for RB3D would produce noticeable results when wind speeds and directions were toggled.

Happy flying,
Von S

P.S. I will re-organize all of the data inis by individual aircraft folder, within the theater folders, for a ver. 9.0 update - for easier installs.
Edited by VonS
  • Like 1

Hi VonS :bye:

Lesson learned: It's always a good idea to read the readme file! :blush:

I did actually have a quick look in it but not thoroughly enough as it seems.

I'm still a bit confused about the effects files though. Do you mean "Use only one" from the 1918 folder or can I use the 1915 effects file and one from the 1918 folder at the same time?

Regarding the weather I have no idea but I found some info here:

http://combatace.com/topic/26609-help-with-environmentsystemini/

http://combatace.com/topic/63260-correcting-flight-mode/

Good luck with your tweaks! :good:

Best regards

vonOben

• Like 1

Hi Von Oben,

The "FromJune1915" folder contains the modded balloon fire effect that has the parachute tweak applied. That file can be used in conjunction with any of the effects files in the "FromJune1918" folder since that is an effect for the observation balloons only (in the 1915 folder). Balloon observers used parachutes from about the summer of '15. In the "FromJune1918" folder, you should only pick one effect to use, from the summer of '18 for historical realism (otherwise multiple parachutes will show up when a plane crashes, if all of the files in that folder are used).

I recommend either the fuel fire effect or the airplane fire effect, since those effects occasionally happen and will lead to a "parachute drop" for such planes, should those planes crash. If the aircraft smoke effect is used, a parachute is guaranteed to show up after a plane crash since all the aircraft display smoke, no matter what happens to them when they are shot down and/or crash.

Thank you for those links. I will have a look there to see if I can do something with the weather tweaks (ideally, I would like somehow to add turbulence in game too, and wheel rumble on landings).

Happy flying,

Von S

Feb. 5, 2017 Update: Farman types added, also MaxG limits for lift surfaces, and where relevant damage rating and structural factor tweaks, also ailerons/elevator/rudder tuning, across the Albatros line, the SPADs, Hanriots, early Parasol and mid-wing types (Morane, Fokker, and Pfalz), and the later Fokker types too.

Hi VonS

My observations after the update:

The wings are easily damaged in the new version, a few shots and evasive maneuvers on the AI planes and the wings fall off too easily IMHO.

Best regards

vonOben

Hi Von Oben,

Yes, the planes now have to be flown more gently, many of the types do at any rate. I'm glad to hear that the AI are now sometimes breaking up after being damaged, and while in evasive maneuvers. I also noticed this happening on occasion with the Morane Bullet, that a wing would crack in evasive maneuvers - such a pleasure to see that for a difference.

Which types are you finding too fragile now...I am assuming that the Nieuports are perhaps the most fragile? Let me know what types are the most fragile...this will probably require a minor tweak either to the MaxG values (the general rule to increase MaxG ratings to lift surfaces by about a value of 0.2 should do the trick, to make them slightly more robust - also possible is to leave the MaxG tweaks alone but to increase the structural factor rating for lift surfaces by a value of approximately 2.0 - or a combination of the two tweaks should increase robustness adequately).

I've been a bit busy with real work lately but hope to get back into some work on a ver. 8.9 update in about a month - I would like to roll the MaxG tweaks into the rest of the aircraft that I've updated over the last year or two, and to include another three or four new types - but perhaps some more tweaking to find a "golden middle" is needed for the MaxG tweaks. This of course is an entertaining and old question: just how fragile were the WWI types...I have read posts suggesting that the models in RoF are too fragile...WoFF I've only in the last few days managed to "bottle" successfully into a stable WineSkin (on OS X) - will compare and post comments once I've done some WoFFing (this was a long and torturous process since I also tested CFS3 and the ETO and PTO expansion packs in WineSkin...before bottling WoFF...but it all works now...if anyone wants directions on how to bottle these things successfully in WineSkin on an Apple/Mac....PM me).

The short version of it is as follows:

RB3D - Wine9 1.7.7

FE2 - Wine8 1.5.1 (although I want to re-bottle FE2 down the road as well, to see if I can get campaigns going in it)

CFS3 - Wine9 1.5.25(AMDspeedhack)

PTO expansion - same as above

ETO expansion - same as above

WoFF - Wine9 1.7.7

I would like to get FE2 as realistic as possible so that we become the "best of breed" WWI flight sim (although I think we're already close - from what I've noticed so far, flying seems the most "natural" in FE2...it requires more work to fly many of the types...hands need to be on the stick all the time usually...and also there is a nice sense that one is "floating" often in the types in FE2...sort of like a combination of the ReDux FM tweaks and the Greybeard FMs done for RB3D...).

Happy flying,

Von S  :happy:

• Like 2

Hi Von S, very interesting post, watch for a new version!

like it.

Best regards!

• Like 1

Hi karl2c,

Glad you're enjoying the posts. Here's a detailed road plan for those interested of where I'd like to go with future updates.

Ver. 8.9 - rolling out of the MaxG tweaks to the rest of the aircraft not touched so far in relation to MaxG changes (after more testing of MaxG tweaks as suggested by Von Oben above) / new types to be included: Roland D.6a, Fokker D.III (late, the aileron version), Avro 504c, Airco DH.5 / also further tweaking of the general ai ini and will include the moving cloud mods already posted separately (might go back to a Nov. 2016 version of the general ai file, but will test the current one some more in early encounters)

Ver. 9.0 - last big tweak for the models included on Combat Ace / will include Halberstadt CL.IV, Hannover CL.II and CL.III, Albatros C.3, also the Vickers FB.5 (gun bus)

Ver. 9.5 - tweaking of the following Central Powers models from A-Team / Gotha G.IV, Halberstadt D.3 (might modify this for a Halb. D.2 as well), Pfalz D.3 and D.3a, Pfalz. Dr.1, Pfalz D.8, Pfalz D.12, Siemens-Schuckert D.3, also the Roland Walfisch

Ver. 10.0 - tweaking of the following Entente aircraft from A-Team / Handley Page 0/400, Bristol Scout (C1), Sopwith Pup, Sopwith Snipe, possibly the Spad 7 that can be player-flown, and possibly the Sopwith Triplane (although Stephen1918 I hope may have a nicer Tripe in his bag somewhere...the one from A-Team has a prop that's too small historically)

Happy flying,

Von S  :flyer:

Edited by VonS
  • Like 5