ALCON,

We're currently working on the next patch to the F-14 Super Pack and are revising the avionics to better match real-world symbology.  I had a question about displaying target altitude.  In TWS, the F-14's AWG-9 displayed designated target altitude in the tens of thousands of feet on the left of the target symbol (IFF/velocity vector), and Phoenix designation on the right of the target symbol.  I've been working on trying to get the radar to display target altitude in tens of thousands of feet, but right now, I've only been able to get it to display in thousands (two-digit).  Does anyone know if it is possible to display target altitude in tens of thousands of feet?

(This screenshot shows what I've got right now.  Target is at 12,000 feet, but I'd like to just display the "1" on the left.  Still have to tweak the position to be higher up next to the target symbol.)

img00530_zps2nccnh5g.jpg

Thanks for any replies..

• Like 2

You seek Yoda, uhhh, I mean, Crusader  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Can I help you , I have NATOPS manualand I'm flying also whit aerosoft Tomcat for FSX and Prepar3D ....

What doyu want to up-date ? Please make something for TCS camera.

Thank you so much ... my best regards

Hi Caesar I'm not sure if this is possibile. In avionics dll entries there are only things like 'ShowOnlyTens=', 'ShowOnlyHundreds=', and 'ShowOnlyThousands='.
Have you tried manipulating 'TextFormat=' entry?  

But are you sure that in Tomcat this information is displayed in this way? I mean it would be a bit imprecise that you have only tens of thousands.

ArturR,

Yes, The AWG-9 in TWS only indicates a one-digit number for target altitude (Cougar confirmed this with a few Tomcat RIOs).  So, from 0-5000 it shows 0, 5000-15000 its 1, 15000-25000 its 2, etc.  I did try the "ShowOnly" entries and the "TextFormat", none seem to be able to shave the number down to a single digit.  Might just need to do a workaround, unfortunately.

Antares,

The TCS doesn't work because of the game engine, not because of the F-14's avionics or .ini files.  We can't make a functioning TCS at the current patch level.