Sign in to follow this  
Gulfwarfighter

i need some help with editting some stock terrain

http://postimg.org/image/oo1yznnw5/nuclear powerplant object its the demona nuke power plant of strike fighters project 1

http://postimg.org/image/462gf1165/how can i change the parked harriers for f-16's with a specific skin

http://postimg.org/image/bkg8xku6r/i added some new airfields , city's, give city's proper name and some nuclear power plants plus a test range

located at island called vlieland and the bomb range called vliehorst.. its a real life fire range for f-16's

http://postimg.org/image/b9xze9pwn/i have a question how can i place fast and easy a bridge in SF2?

i have tryed but they are facing the wrong way or to big of a gap between them.

i try to remake a dutch landscape feature its a some kind of 32 km long bridge

ps. the city names are in dutch right now but when i finish it i change it to english

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

1)   how can i change the parked harriers for f-16's with a specific skin

2)  i have a question how can i place fast and easy a bridge in SF2?

i try to remake a dutch landscape feature its a some kind of 32 km long bridge

To 1) The parked planes are set randomly by the game engine. This you can't change.

But there were in WOE times parked airplanes available which you could set as targets on the airfield. But this parked planes were very lowpoly.

To 2.) There is no fast and easy way. Its a long way of calculation, try and error.

You must start with the first bridge segment, then you must calculate which would be the correct position of the second bridge segment (depends on angle of the direction of the bridge and the lenght of the bridge). In the next step you must test it in game.

If you find a satisfying position for the second bridge element then you you can calculate the differences in x and x coordiante between the two positions. This difference you can use as a constante. Add this constante to the last position to calculate the position of the next bridge segment.

BUT, be aware, that a 32km long bridge would need very much bridge segments.

considering that the 3 stock 3rd wire bridges are 100m long (the ends are 50m) ... that's a hell of a lot of items to place

while the TFD tool is fine for quick and dirty editing, you'd better start learning the 3W Terrain editor ... as you'll be doing things that can only be done from there

considering that the 3 stock 3rd wire bridges are 100m long (the ends are 50m) ... that's a hell of a lot of items to place

while the TFD tool is fine for quick and dirty editing, you'd better start learning the 3W Terrain editor ... as you'll be doing things that can only be done from there

i tryed but i cant get it working at the moment.

do you know a forum topic about installing 3w terrein editor for sf2 north atlantic../full combine pack

BUT, be aware, that a 32km long bridge would need very much bridge segments.

yeah but the map is down scaled if i am right so the brigde would also not be 32 km..

are there also big scaled airfields for like to simulate london heatrow

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

SF2NA IcelandNA does NOT work with any of the editors. Anything to be added has to be done the "old fashioned way". It's not worth messing with.

As the NA terrain is lod based, not TFD/HFD there's nothing to extracted and "seen" by the terrain editors. Only the original 4 terrains, and all out addons.

32km length bridge

each bridge section 100 metes (not counting the 2 ends)

32000 sections? 

even at 63% scaling you'll be putting down thousands of sections (50,793 by my calculations -- I think that way above the allowed limits.)

You're also forgetting "The Wall"

as to airfields, you're stuck with what we have (6, the largest is runway 4, the '2 crossing' plus whatever ones that were used on Rends GermanyCE rebuild)

take it from the Terrain Guru...(and I hope I'm not offending!) going down this road for someone without the experience and knowledge of the engine, only leads to madness. Even those of us that DO have the knowledge and experience and skill, are quite mad.... :crazy:

You're also forgetting "The Wall". In the image below, please take note of the darker border regions. That starts 80km IN from the outermost edge of the map. Anything therein is inaccessible during game play. You also do NOT want to place any target areas with 50km of innermost edge of The Wall, otherwise very odd things will happen.

thx wrench but i all ready had my world border adjusted like you sayd in this topic

http://combatace.com/topic/63825-expanding-mapterrain-borders/

and the only object that is locted at those borders is one nuke power plant if you compair the orginal map vs my screenshot of TFDtool map.. but its not a target in the campaign that i am building  i was planning that too do but thx for the reminder.

what is the airfield with 4 runways? is that a stock airfield or mod?

btw how can i make those type of planning maps?

with those graphics instead of the TFDtool graphics

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

my expanding borders trick no longer works after the 7/13 patch and SF2NA

Wrench, back to airfields,  can new ones be made that dont follow the stock pattern?  yes i know it will be a major PITA placing things  but you also know i've been pushin for joint civilain/mil fields and am relatively willing to put some grunt work into it (and yes ask a million questions while learning it!)

you would need a 3d guy to build an entirely new runway layout, that (more or less) follows the 3w N/S orientation. From there, it's a (fairly) simple matter to place the various buildings. The hardest part would be setting up the airfield ini, with the takeoff/Landing positions, taxi positions and parking slots. to say nothing of setting the positions for the runway and taxi lighting

I totally agree that the stock 6 airfields kinda blow <grin> They don't match military OR civilian types