Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

WOFF GOLD? The last major release. :(

Sweet RE8.

Well, I'll be buying OFF Gold should it materialise. Even though my flight time has dropped to almost zero these days, on principle of rewarding the Dev. Team for the work, I'll buy anything they release.

I hope, once the lights are off, they'll release their skin templates, models and model structure trees etc. so that a community of modders could carry on. But it's valuable intellectual property so I'm categorically not suggesting that they are in any way obliged to.

Dej, I guess (and hope) they are still a looong way away from that.

Nice to see you here, by the way! What are you doing all the time?

I think it's equally possible that the Dev's themselves are played out. They've been at this for, what...fifteen years? (More or less) And they still have to have day jobs. I suspect they have come to realize that the WOFF community is as big as it's ever going to get, and that our Wish List will always be bigger than they're capable of delivering. And if I'm correct, the Dev's don't even live in the same country. OFF/WOOF has been built by e-mail. It must take exceeding dedication to hold a team together for this length of time when it's not even possible to have a beer after work.

I guess the revelation that the Dev's are moving on to a non-WWI project puts paid to the notion that they're played out as a team. Now the watching and waiting begins.

I guess the revelation that the Dev's are moving on to a non-WWI project puts paid to the notion that they're played out as a team. Now the watching and waiting begins.

I don't think they are played out as a team.  I think they have pushed WWI as far as they can financially afford to and they need a change.   Not many developers stick with a single flight sim for 10 years.   Other types of games like Halo or Elder Scrolls, yes but not flight sims.   Its incredibly rare to see a developer work on new iterations of the same sim for so long. 

If the devs are talking about non WW1 project, is it not just a matter of what kind of non WW1 games they like and playing???  

If the devs are talking about non WW1 project, is it not just a matter of what kind of non WW1 games they like and playing???  

I hope they stay close to their area of expertise and just mix it up a bit by making an alternate WWI world where that's the technology available, but also magic and dragons have come back into the world unexpectedly uniting the Germans and the Allies.   So you fly your flight of Sopwith Camels and DR1s against a dragon and the rear seat gunners of your two seaters casts lighting bolt spells instead of using a Vickers machine gun. 

But I'm not really holding my breath.  lol   :biggrin:

Oh dear! Devs, could you PLEEEZE tell what you are going to build next?

The mushrooming phantasies here are becoming unbearable! :crazy:

Oh dear! Devs, could you PLEEEZE tell what you are going to build next?

The mushrooming phantasies here are becoming unbearable! :crazy:

Be honest Olham.  You've been wanting to be a tail gunner in a Dragon Squadron for some time now.   And hey, you wouldn't even have to paint them red.   muhahahaha.   

Well, I must admit, that it would be at least a new concept; I don't think that such a game already exists,

where WW1 pilots would have to unite and fight with Elves against Dragons.

And then there would be...

Argh, naw, stop it! You got me infected - help! :bad:

I don't think they are played out as a team.  I think they have pushed WWI as far as they can financially afford to and...

I guess my mental picture of the remote, faceless Dev's was one of the stars coming into perfect alignment and a disparate group of WWI nuts finding each other and starting to swap bits of code until OFF#1 appeared, and that, somehow, there would always be a WOFF and a Forum with my morning coffee. Of course, the mass exodus to SimHQ burst that little bubble.

An alternate WWI world with magic and dragons? I'm on board. Wodin has put in a request for Steam Punk elements. And why not scrap the machine guns altogether and have all Planes carry Le Prieur-style javelins with heavy enchantments? What could be finer than watching a Balshazzar VI class Dragon roaring with rage as he corkscrews earthward belching smoke from a punctured fire-bladder? All two-seaters would have archers in the observer seat with short, but very powerful asiatic recurve bows.

Dutch_P-47M: ("If the devs are talking about non WW1 project, is it not just a matter of what kind of non WW1 games they like and playing??? ") Quite true. However; that is a broad field of choices. Hence our fevered speculation.

Hi Hauksbee, lets hope they are racing fans, would like to use the pre-war F1 cars like the Auto union, Mercedes, Bugatti and meet the Bentley boys. 

Edited by Dutch_P47M

Hi Hauksbee, lets hope they are racing fans, would like to use the pre-war F1 cars like the Auto union, Mercedes, Bugatti and meet the Bentley boys. 

If you're talking about a world populated by cars like these, Dutch, I say "Bring it on!"

jvhbuk.jpg

For me, I hope "non-WW1" means a flight sim based on a different war. Otherwise, this is where I get off. Thanks OBD, it's been fun.