Hello all!  I have noticed in some of the F-15's when using dumb bombs the CCIP always makes the bombs fall way short, while I can correct for this I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this... I personally cannot find anything in the INI's anything about the F-15E's CCIP anyone know how to fix this?  other jets like F-16's and F/A-18's don't have this issue in my install

use a shallow dive and set the ripple to a high number like 90 milis or cant recall the ripple number for the eagle also set drop to 3 or more bombs
for leveled drop use retarded bombs like the snakeyes or any other high drag bomb.

It may be a terrain issue... i have a couple of terrains that were originally from series 1 most notably the Yap Vietnam terrain     The height field is not right and the bombs fall short.

you can't

Ive fixed that problem (IIRC...) when i worked on the updated F-15E avionics

Have to dig out the files and check...

CCIP can be adjusted in the avionics ini for rockets, HUD section , RocketBoresightAngle=

For one type or to get a usable average solution ..  it also depends on another related value in the aircraft's data ini ..

Huh... could you elaborate a little more what exactly needs to be adjusted? Rocketboresight and what?

int he aircrafT's data ini

[FlightControl]   section, look for (add if missing)

RocketBoresightAngle=0      ( make avionics ini value match this value )

If you change the angle in the data, then the AI has trouble aiming ..  which requires adjusting AimPitchOffset in the next section,

[RocketAttackAI]
AimPitchOffset=0.5  

All that is for rockets only..

I'm still looking for my updated F-15E files...

hmmm interesting I tried playing around with those values earlier to no avail but now that you say its for rockets that makes sense haha.  I would be very appreciative if you did find some updated F-15E files! If its not too much trouble would you also have the updated INI's for the S/K/I/SG as well?  Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I was wondering how to customize the numbers after your callsigns, since it always gives me the same ones.
      I think i managed somehow once, a bit of time ago, but now i forgot and have no idea how to.
      I'm not talking about how to customize the callsign name, but the unit number after it.
      As you can see in the Roster and in the picture under, i get "Fast Eagle 1-1" and "Fast Eagle 1-2"
      Here are some examples:

The numbers on the tail, wing and nose numbers are customized, cause i managed how to change them, choosing them individually for each unit in the mission file by changing "AircraftNumber=" and typing the number, like "2" (as for 202). It doesn't change by typing the whole number tho, like 202 by typing 202, but it goes by typing the number that corresponds to the list of numbers you have. For example, In a list that goes from 200 to 400, you will have to type 10 to get 300. Here i just typed "2" and "7" since the list starts from 200

IIRC, in the past i just used to type the Aircaft number just like that, and in-game i had the proper number after the callsign, like "Fast Eagle 102", not just the number displayed on the plane livery.
      How do i do? I'm pretty sure that it's possible to have "Fast Eagle 102" on my screen HUD and in the Roster
      Thanks in advance for helping me.

• By clim995
      I'm doing a Pacific World War 2 install, and i kind of wanted to do it in the old school hard way (without HUDs). The instrument gauges are a bit problematic since some world war 2 cockpits have lower details in them so they are hard to spot but the even harder bit is actually locating the enemy aircraft since there are no search radars to compensate for the lack of HUDs. 

I always call the tactical air control center and ask then the location of nearby bandits every few dozen nautical miles but they just always give me the all-clear (even at the mission waypoint) so I try to manually locate enemies but still just spend minutes circling round and round without action. (having read a few books, i know this is actually quite realistic, world war 2 wise but meh )

I'm just curious how do you guys do it? am i missing something? please share some bits to me as I am a Sukhoi Flanker dude who's having way too much fun flying P-40s and Zeroes.
    • By 1309mariano
      Hi everyone, how you doing? I will go to the point. I am currently working on an Argentinian skin for Erwin Hans' and InSky's J-10A. I want to modify some aspects, like the HUD. Currently, the mod doesn't have a way to show if the missile is locked on target or not (THE CIRCLES THAT APPEAR ON THE HUD), and I want to modify that.
      I tried changing the cockpit.ini and avionics.ini, but I had to replace with the not modified version of the files because I ended up deforming the radar, and the avionics of course.
      The plane doesn't have problem when it comes to bombs and cannons, but it has that problem with the missiles. If someone can help me, I will be more than thankful.
      Have a nice flight, good hunting!
    • By LilLucy
      Sooooo since the last topic was kinda ded i decided to post again.
      Basically im editing the Su-35 cockpit  and i like the re texture ive been workin on 

But the HUD i really wanna change to the Modern Flanker cockpit HUD made for Marc's Sukhoi's (HUD pic below) 
      sooo im asking on how to do it, since the HUD the 35 cockpit came in would look too old to put in a modern Fighter like the Su-35. 
      Please help.. so i can finally release the Su-35 mod..
      sincerely
      -Noon

• By LilLucy
      Hello Ya'all
      Im editing the cockpit of the Su-37 mod so i can fit it in my WIP  Su-35 Flanker-E, ive only changed the textures for it for now and im looking on ways to change the HUD display from the one default in the cockpit to the one below

tried to just delete the HUD folder in the cockpit folder and copy this HUD folder there and i thought thats just it since when i change the Revi sight on 109's i just change the tga file and edit the .ini soo might need help..
      tried looking into the old forum post "Cockpit tips" or something by Russok and didnt found much that helps with HUD's

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..