Dave

Who has Star Wars Tickets?

Just got back from it an wow! They did it justice! Wide open for a sequel to...

It was very good but the whole Jar Jar Binks is related to Vader thing was a bit of a stretch..... 

• Like 1

Always thought IMDB rating is quite representative and can tune out a movie's marketing hype (i.e. 50 shades of grey). Usually anything above 7 is decent, above 8 is.. master piece level. This one is currently at 8.8!

It will go down as is usually the case when more people vote for the rating for a new movie, currently number of votes is at about 10%. I'd guess it will settle on around 8.0~8.3 if the star wars hype cool down a bit, which is still very good!

Edited by Do335

again

damn...

Never hopped on the star wars wagon myself, much prefer anything Philip k. Dick or the matrix. But a good movie is hard to miss... will see..

Well I've seen it... going to see it again in a few days  :biggrin:

Craig

Yeah was so good I took my GF last night to watch it for a second time.........never seen the same film twice at the flicks before!

There was so much hype, some felt it would be up to it, some others it would put the last nails in the coffin of the franchise or something. It was better than the hype actually

Saw it last night.  Excellent!!  Liked it a lot.  \

I only give it a B though for plot reasons.  Will decline to explain now in the interest of not spoiling for those who haven't seen it yet. 

and I will download it for future repeat viewing!!

sorry to play the killjoy .......

but very disapointed since i wait developement in the story and not just another "iniatic journey/ join a (the) resistance/ attack and destroy a "planet killer"

i wanted a "star wars VII" and not a kind of copy of the episod IV

• Like 1

You'll have to wait for the later films for that. This was to recharge the audience as it were.

Nothing that happened was really a surprise for me. I had already guessed most of what was going to happen based on history...not just the 3 original films, I mean comments by cast members and novels from the past 3 decades. The trailers also did set the expectations as it were.

When we have a spoiler thread in a couple of weeks, I'll go into it more. For now, people should take the ride and enjoy it. This film is not as ambitious as the prequels were (because they were totally different films in the SW universe, while this one is sticking to the original elements closely), but it's done far better.

Lucas had a story he wanted to tell, and if you didn't like it he didn't care, so he went for broke every time. :grin: JJ wanted you to like it, so he made a story he thought was safe but did it the way the fans wanted.

The "no spoilers but it hangs on the edge" thing is killing me. Can someone plz just out w/ it?o.O

I liked it but I am still trying to process it.

I was told I couldn't see it until the B&C could go (possibly destroying the whole movie) but it's a sacrifice I have to make. So no spoilers dammit.

E

• Like 1

Stary

I accidentally edited your post when I thought I was editing mine. 

Sorry my friend

Dave

Edited by Dave

^Oh, do the space combat have sounds? As sound waves don't travel in vacuum you're not supposed to hear anything. I've only seen Firefly/Serenity gets it.

...Only a personal pet peeve I guess. For cinematic effect probably the more fireworks the better!:D

What I was going to say before I messed up Stary's post somehow. 

I liked it a lot but something is bugging me about it. 

^Oh, do the space combat have sounds? As sound waves don't travel in vacuum you're not supposed to hear anything. I've only seen Firefly/Serenity gets it.

...Only a personal pet peeve I guess. For cinematic effect probably the more fireworks the better!:D

as Dave joyfully removed my post :D I'll say that the battles taking place in atmosphere are really really well made

as Dave joyfully removed my post :D I'll say that the battles taking place in atmosphere are really really well made

Sorry my friend, I didnt pay attention to what buttons I hit. 

check your closed for one angry tentacled space monster :D

It's fantasy..............switch off brain before you go in and just enjoy is my advice.

Saw it a hour ago and must say its top for a StarWars fan, but for all others not the big thing. Its a good movie. Its a JJ Adams thing. Great pictures but a mediocre story. If you have no idea from the previous films, then you are really in trouble. Thatswhy only a mark 2 (or B for you guys in the USA or a 4 for you guys in Russia).

But the girl is hot. Much better then Leia ever was. Rey is a high potential.

Han Solo was great. Finn was a flop.

so when will it be time to go wtf over a certain scene (those that have seen it know which i speak of)?

There is a spoiler thread here in the Pub, Capt Obvious...

• Like 1

It's fantasy..............switch off brain before you go in and just enjoy is my advice.

Well naturally yes except.. I can't, have been wondering about it ever since seeing space combat. Then Firefly proved it because while the space scenes are soundless they are just as if not more cinematic. Even better, if the point of view is inside the ship you hear not the gun but very low vibrations of it. Then you watch battlestar galactica and it's like... eeeeh nah that's not supposed to be heard. :diablo: I finally justified it by thinking in BSG's and other sci-fi's verse, the empty space is actually filled with 'aether'!

I dunno, guess it turns out sometimes thinking too much isn't all that goodliplick.gif

guy go watch Gravity, it did whole science part of being in space pretty good, these are SW movies, known among other things like little incest for their established and beloved depiction of space battles