Sign in to follow this  
strykersm

Help with editing a gunpod (Tracers rate)

Im trying to edit the mig-21's mod GP-9 gunpod tracer frequency, i want more tracers to give the effect of higher Rate of Fire....but i don't know how to do that...

You have to edit gun type for gunpod. In gun editor. Or notepad.

Check which gun is assigned to your pod. Find it in guneditor or open gun data.ini file and there you can edit.

You have to edit gun type for gunpod. In gun editor. Or notepad.

Check which gun is assigned to your pod. Find it in guneditor or open gun data.ini file and there you can edit.

No, that I know, but there isn't anything to edit the tracer frequency....

lookie:

[WeaponData001]
TypeName=GP-9
FullName=GP-9 23 mm Gunpod
ModelName=GP-9
Mass=280.000000
Diameter=0.320000
Length=4.000000
SubsonicDragCoeff=0.220000
SupersonicDragCoeff=0.770000
AttachmentType=WP,SOVIET
SpecificStationCode=
NationName=SOVIET
StartYear=1964
EndYear=2020
Availability=2
BaseQuantity=2
Exported=TRUE
ExportStartYear=1967
ExportEndYear=2020
ExportAvailability=2
WeaponDataType=3
GunTypeName=23MM_GSH23
MaxRounds=200
MuzzlePosition=0.000000,1.958000,0.020000
LightPosition=0.000000,1.988000,0.020000
AimDirection=0.000000,2.200000,0.000000
EjectShells=0

But you are showing the gunpod data.ini, and Yakarov is speaking about the gun type. In this case 23mm_GSH23.

In ... \Objects\Guns\23MM_GSH23. Open 23mm_GSH23_data.ini and

You will see:

[GunData001]

TypeName=23MM_GSH23

FullName=23mm GSh-23 Cannon

Caliber=23.000000

ROF=3500.000000

MuzzleVel=740.000000

AmmoWt=0.175000

WarheadWt=0.018000

Reliability=96.000000

Accuracy=66.000000

AddLight=TRUE

MaxLightRange=1000.000000

FireColor=0.400000,0.320000,0.240000

GunFireEffect=23mmFireEffect

GunFireSound=Cannon

EffectClassName=23mmEffects

EffectTime=0.100000

TracerTexture=Tracer2.tga

TracerSize=0.150000

TracerDistFactor=0.002000 ---> this the one you need to change.

TracerLength=0.015000

MaxVisibleDist=4000.000000

MaxStreakVisibleDist=1000.000000

TimeFuzed=FALSE

What you want to edit is the "tracerloading" value, which is located in the aircraft's data.ini, under its internal gun section. If it's not there, simply add it.

[internalGun] 
SystemType=FIXED_GUN 
GunTypeName=30MM_GSH301 
InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN 
MuzzlePosition=0.95,3.27,0.75 
LightPosition=0.95,3.27,0.75 
AimAngles=-0.0,-0.0,0.0 
MaxAmmo=150
TracerLoading=2 
EjectShells=FALSE 
MinExtentPosition= 
MaxExtentPosition= 

TracerLoading=2 every other round is a tracer, TracerLoading=5 every fifth round, etc. Note, this has to be done to every aircraft that carries that particular weapon.

Now, being that you're not using that value in an internal weapon, you should add the pertinent line to the gundata.ini. It may or may not work in that case, you'll just have to experiment.
Edited by Fubar512

What you want to edit is the "tracerloading" value, which is located in the aircraft's data.ini, under its internal gun section. If it's not there, simply add it.

[internalGun] 
SystemType=FIXED_GUN 
GunTypeName=30MM_GSH301 
InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN 
MuzzlePosition=0.95,3.27,0.75 
LightPosition=0.95,3.27,0.75 
AimAngles=-0.0,-0.0,0.0 
MaxAmmo=150
TracerLoading=2 
EjectShells=FALSE 
MinExtentPosition= 
MaxExtentPosition= 

TracerLoading=2 every other round is a tracer, TracerLoading=5 every fifth round, etc. Note, this has to be done to every aircraft that carries that particular weapon.

Now, being that you're not using that value in an internal weapon, you should add the pertinent line to the gundata.ini. It may or may not work in that case, you'll just have to experiment.

This did it for me, thank you! :) One more question, how do i edit the tracer color, theres only 3 colors, 1 is invisible, 2 is green and 3 is yellow. I kinda want a red-ish one.

Edited by strykersm

Then you have to create a new tracer tga using a paint program.  And the proper color isn't red, but a sulpherish pink. as in this video, of ZSU 23-4's shooting at night (after the 3-minute mark).  

Try this tga, simply place it straight into the objects folder.  TRACER2.zip

What about increasing the ROF ?

CL

Under the gundata.ini entry for a given weapon, you'll find a line similar to this: ROF=3500.0

Simply edit it to the desired rate.

That did it, my mig looks more historically accurate, all I need now is to figure out how to change the IR lock and growl for the missiles it uses, i cant find any parameter where you put the sound the missile emits when locking on :\

Searched in aircraft data and weapons data. (I changed my gun sound already so i know how to add sounds, problem is finding out how to make a sound work for that SPECIFIC missile)

That did it, my mig looks more historically accurate, all I need now is to figure out how to change the IR lock and growl for the missiles it uses, i cant find any parameter where you put the sound the missile emits when locking on :\

Searched in aircraft data and weapons data. (I changed my gun sound already so i know how to add sounds, problem is finding out how to make a sound work for that SPECIFIC missile

The missile track and lock sounds are global, one cannot tailor them to just an individual weapon. My advice is that you spend an afternoon or two reading through the SF2 knowledge base.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I'm trying to recreate the 1st Gulf of Sidra Incident with my F-14A Tomcats and my Su-22M3 Fitters, doing it extremely historically accurate, paying attention to every little detail.
      So far i've done everything, and it's almost identical to the real one, but there's ONE issue i can't figure out, let me explain:
      During the morning of the 19th of August 1981 two F-14A Tomcats intercepted two Libyan Su-22M3 Fitters in the Gulf of Sidra.
      The Fitters were equipped with two AA-2 "Atoll".
      Just before the merge, while nose-to-nose, one of the two Fitters fired a missile to one of the two Tomcats, but being the missile a very old and primitive heatseeker, it started tracked and going for the Tomcat, but as soon as the F-14 made a slight break, the Atoll lost its track.
      The PROBLEM IS:
      There's no way i can make the Fitters shoot the missiles before merging, if only the AA-2, or any other equippable missile was all-aspect or radar guided just like the R-23, i think it would work.
      I tried having a head-on merge with two Mig-23 Floggers equipped with radar guided R-23s and they shot at me before merging.
      I tried all other available missiles and nothing changed, some didn't show either.
      I tried copying and pasting the Data file from the Aim-7 to the R-60 Data file, and nothing changed.
      I tried changing the loadout file to R-23, but the Fitters show up without any weapon since there's no R-23 option in loadout for Su-23M3s, so i think it's not possible to have them (and would be historically inaccurate too).
      I tried changing enemy difficulty from Normal to Hard, but nothing changes still.
      The only thing the Fitters do is shooting their guns just before the merge, but no missiles are fired when nose-to-nose.
      Is there a way to fix this? A way i can make my Fitters fire at least one of their missiles when we're nose-to-nose, just like when i got nose-to-nose against Floggers equipped with R-23s?
      Is it a problem with the enemy AI? Or with the missiles? Or maybe even with the Su-22M3 Fitter i'm using?
      Thank you very much for helping me
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By Eagle114th
      Hello everyone,

I have some questions about modding aircraft gun to include proximity fuze and timed proximity fuze.  I am working on adding a fictional new nation with their own weapons for an interesting fun experiences in SPF2.  I have been looking at gun and weapons information.

Before working on missiles (which is more complicated), I am starting with gun for now.  I have been wanting to add two types of shells:

1) proximity fuze fir one type of shell.  If the shells from 30 mm cannon would explode if it's right next to the aircraft.

2) Timed Fuze for second type of shell. The shells would explode at certain distance.  I aim to be able to mod the times in seconds.

I only see the code:

TimedFuze=True

So I want to know if it is possible to enable both types of shells.

As always, thank you for the advice.  Because of the community help, I am able to accomplish making mods!

Cheers!
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I need help to change the date in "single mission" in the amazing ODS (Operation Desert Storm) mod for SF2
      It lets me choose between years 1990-1991-1992
      As soon as i end a mission and, for example, i get a medal or an award, it ofc says the date the sortie has been done...
      The problem is: since i can only choose the year, and not the month in mission menu, the date is randomically chose (for example i very often get months like august or december, even if the war had been fought only between the second half of January and February 1991, not any other month)
      How can i choose the month and day i want to fly for a single mission? So that i can choose the actual days the war happened instead of random 1991 months?
      I hope i explained well and that a solution can be found.
      I already tried changing Start Year and End Year date with January 1991 and February 1991, but nothing happened
      I truly love this mod, and imho it's absolutely perfect, but this is the only thing that "ruins" a bit (like getting a medal which says i flew over Iran on April 1991) and i'd like to fix it but idk how 
      Thank you so much for helping me, seriously 
    • By LilLucy
      Recently i just downloaded the mod for the Su37  
      and uhh i cant find a way to make the Missiles work, the R77 and R74 wont show up in the weapon list nor would the aircraft automatically choose  a loudout. 
      is there a way to fix this, Same as the F-22A mod but there the Aim-120's are available but the radar is absolutely broken. Help?

p.s made a Indonesian skin cuz why not

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..