Sign in to follow this  
jaa

Hat in the Ring - Still available?

Hi,

WOFF looks fantastic, but completely out-guns my computer spec.

I have the previous OFF and the update (which is in the spec of my machine) and was hoping it was still possible to get the Hat in The Ring paid-for add-on. Is it possible?

Jon

I have it somewhere, I could put it on Dropbox if it isn't too big

I too, have it and could make it available through Dropbox if Jim can't come through with it.

What a coupla great guys with those offers! Hopefully Jaa comes back in here and sees the links.

I can't see that OBD would have an issue about us giving away something that they don't sell anymore. 

Please remove the links, and if you use it without purchasing it then it's piracy.

It is still our property to sell if we want to at some point. 

We have been easy going on DRM which customers like but it of course leads to this sort of piracy and sharing that can hurt us.  
If you can fly OFF you should be able to fly WOFF so buy that please.  If people choose to not buy then we simply stop making it.

Edited by Polovski

My old system's low spec for WOFF (Core 2 Quad 2.33 and 1 gig 250GTS, before that a 512 meg 8800GT), but runs WOFF very acceptably, and on quite high graphic settings (I don't play much late war stuff but could dial back that era's higher air activity, if I needed to). And that's with Ankor's shadows mod which much improves the visuals. I have OFF+HITR but WOFF is such a massive step-up over OFF, that it's very well worth the move, unless your rig is well off the lower end of the WOFF scale.

OFF:

Shot06-20-11-23-29-35.jpg

WOFF:

Shot04-28-14-00-44-47.jpg

...and the visuals are only one part of the upgrade. But then, you probably knew all this already!

I realize that these forums don't get checked daily, but for those who have posted links to give away HitR, please remove them as soon as you can.   OBD still owns the rights to the software and giving it away free may stop someone from spending money on buying WOFF, which means money out of the developers pockets.    I get and appreciate the positive intent of sharing, but it's not really legal and for all OBD has done to give us the best WWI flight sim possible, the least we can do is make sure that they get paid for their work.   Thank you. 

Why be so passive? Just write JimAttrill and ask him directly to remove the links.

The links are there - I can't edit that post but you will find the link doesn't work because the dropbox file has been removed now.   And anyone who is running HitR is likely to want to upgrade to WOFF anyway.  You don't need more computer power to do so - maybe less as some of the CPU processing is now on the Video Card. 

Edited by JimAttrill

The links are there - I can't edit that post but you will find the link doesn't work because the dropbox file has been removed now.   And anyone who is running HitR is likely to want to upgrade to WOFF anyway.  You don't need more computer power to do so - maybe less as some of the CPU processing is now on the Video Card. 

Thanks Jim.  You rock.  :)   And you're right.  The DX9 shaders take some of the work off the CPU, so it's easier to run WOFF than OFF.