I have a question about the offered Windows 10 update with regard to the Windows 10 license. Is it possible for me to get the free Win 10 update for each of the four eligible computers in my house, two laptops and two desktops, as a Windows 10 licence key without having to install the OS? That is, can I get Windows 10 now while it is offered free but have the option to wait on installing Windows 10 until I want to install it on any of my computers?

I think this is the key point......

Please be aware that you cannot use the free upgrade offer to perform a clean install on first attempt. You must first upgrade from the qualifying version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 (whether you do it through Windows Update or using the .ISO file). Ensure the upgrade is completed successfully and then ensure that it is activated. You can then proceed to do a clean install by using recovery media or using the Reset function in Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC (Get Started).

I, too, am going to wait a bit. My wife's new laptop came with Win 10 so I have an install to get familiar with. 

Whilst we are on the subject of upgrading to Windows 10, can anyone tell me if Strike Fighters series 1 games will run with Windows 10. The reason I ask is - the last time I upgraded from Windows 7 to 8.1 - I lost some of my games which would not function with 8.1 and I don,t want to risk losing any of my games again. !!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By VonS
      Hello fellow FE2-ers,
      Just a quick note for those running FE2 on Intel-based Macs (either in a WINE program or directly in Win7, 8.1, 10, etc. in Bootcamp) -- that you might find the info. in the following post (regarding WOFF/WOTR and the latest M1, ARM-based Macs) helpful. In short, for now - recommended is to keep flying FE2 only on Intel-based Macs, in versions of Windows no later than Win10.
      No guarantees at this point that Win11 can be effectively "shoehorned" onto Intel-Mac hardware, nor any guarantees as to how well FE2 may run in Win11, if at all.
      Furthermore, the latest ARM-based Macs only support ARM-based vers. (not the x64 branch) of Win11, and only via virtualization (no direct bare-metal Win11/ARM installs available for latest Macs so far -- the point is ultimately an irrelevant one I suppose since FE2 will never be "translated" to run as an ARM-based application anyway -- and I doubt that it would run stably using the x86/x64 virtualization layer that is found inside ARM-based Win11 installs anyway).
      Happy flying all,
      Von S
    • By jotaluc
      Hi, i am new at the game, just downloaded 2 days age, i really want to play the north vietnam campaign, with mig 17, 19 etc, when i watch videos to how to downlaod mods, most of them have a saved games folder ,but i dont have this folde, i only have this game folde r in my HD

• By RUSTYMORLEY
      I think this question has been asked before, but just for my own peace of mind I think I will give it one more go.
      Is there any way to get SF1 series games working on Windows 10. 
      Sadly, I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago and since then I have been unable to get Wings over Europe SF1 working. I have tried every thing I can think of and every  sensible suggestion, but I think the overall reason (as has been suggested) is that the older generation of Strike Fighters games are not compatible with Windows 10. The game runs but it is incredibly poor and eratic, and crashes to desktop are frequent.
      If any of you guys have got WOE  SF1 on your Windows 10 rig and you have got it running well then I would love to know how you have got it set up.  Any advice or info would be most welcome. 
      Thanks
      RUSTY

• By MigBuster

Still in development, expected release date: May 2020 (subject to change).

Strike Fighters 2 Win10 Edition is the latest version of Strike Fighters 2, a jet air-combat game set in the 1960's, updated to run on Windows 10 PC!
      Player flyable aircraft include some of the most legendary fighters from the early jet age, including F-100 Super Sabre, F-105 Thunderchief, A-4 Skyhawk, F-4 Phantom II, and F-8 Crusader.
      Campaigns feature 1960's high-flying combat action over fictional Middle Eastern sands. Join the United States Air Force, Navy, Marines, or a special operations Mercenary unit, and engage in blood-draining, G-pulling, action-packed dogfights against the enemy MiGs!
      Additional aircraft, maps, and campaigns will be available as DLC in-app purchases.

Owners of Strike Fighters 2 Complete Edition will receive the Win10 Edition and its DLCs for FREE as they become available.

https://store.thirdwire.com/project_sf2_w10.htm

• By RUSTYMORLEY
      I recently had a few problems with my existing computer and I have decided to upgrade to Windows 10 whilst I am having the repairs done.
      Might I ask you guys here at Combat Ace if First Eagles 1(First Generation ) runs  okay on Windows 10. 
      Thanks in advance for any advice or information you can offer.
      Cheers 
      RUSTY

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..