You know I had forgotten about DACT. I checked it and I see they're posting vids now which is very cool.

People will always argue about what plane is best. There was a debate here about the F-8 versus the F-4 and which is best. I stood squarely on the F-8 side with one group, Streakeagle and others were firmly in the F-4 camp. It was because of streakeagle's insistence that the F-4 was a great dogfighter that I decided to work with the F-4 and understand it. Well, I'm much better with the F-4 now. In fact, in a matchup of F-4s versus F-8s I think I would win most of the time with the F-4. Doesn't matter. I still like the F-8 better. I think I'll always prefer the more nimble fighter. 

Still not sure what you mean by "quest."  :blink:

You know I had forgotten about DACT. I checked it and I see they're posting vids now which is very cool.

yep. iirc the first vid there was from yours truly:D

• Like 1

I recorded a complete MiG-21F-13 intercept over Egypt, 1963.

The aggressors were a flight of Mystere. After flying against later model Phantoms over Germany in the 1980s I was a bit paranoid about any kind of intercepts in the Fishbed, so I ordered the whole squadron to the sky against the nimble fighter bombers.

I took some circles around the airfield so at least parts of the squadron was in the air, but I decided to continue the intercept, because I was afraid of being late from the party.

I had the idea to engage the afterburners, which I soon to be recognized to be a bad idea. Too big distance to cover and the too small fuel tank of the Balalaika wouldn't let me do a quick intercept. It took 15 minutes to reach the target area, fortunately most of my squadron was able to catch up by the meeting point. The engagement didn't start well. The approach was great, but most of my mates just failed to move to the right position behind the target. I failed too in being calm enough to shoot any of missiles in the correct positions. The first one was close but the second was a shameful waste of ammunition. The worst part of the situation that this led to some easy kill to the enemy, I was  close to being shot down too. However from this point I managed to get into a turning fight and to score a kill. Over the radio, the control center announced that the mission was successful,  There was no enemy in immediate range, and the fuel was low, I decided to return home. Looking for problem never ends good, I thought.

So... 35 minutes of flight, I sped up the return, because I was not sure if i can record the whole length. The engagement starts at 15:25, unfortunately Youtube compression removed the flights at that distance. I use paulopanz's Mig-21F-13 mod, the other that I tried, ataribaby's mod, being too wobbly for some reason. I will never understand what the soviet's thought when they installed those guns with 30 rounds,sure it has the punch against the bombers, but good luck with that in a dogfight. the K-13 missile is fine, difficult to use, but it is no excuse to make stupid mistakes like I did. The first was quite a mistake, wrong position and the enemy clearly starts the defensive turn before I fire. The second, let's not talk about the second... From that point I wasted some ammunition from the distance, but the Mystere did not really have a chance, so I got him with a pretty nice shot imho. 

I had the ammo to continue and I had the fuel, but I was shot down too many times because of my own foolishness. Without proper support, and my squadron did not really have any ammo at this point, it is easy to get between multiple enemies...

paulopanz's version of the Fishbed is great. I modified the camera yaw and pitch a bit, allowing for more. The handling is a bit on the easy side compared to other versions i had a chance to fly with. I haven't had a stall so far, the landings were smooth, which is uncommon for the type afaik. The general flight experience is good, and it is very good feeling to chase those yankees over Vietnam. However atarybaby's MiG feels more realistic, but I never managed to tame the roll damping characteristics, which is way out of control. 

edit1:Just to highlight again, engagement starts at 15:25

edit2: when i say that after the mission was accomplished there was no enemy around, actually there was one lurking around clearly visible around 18:30, which reminded me that it is not worth fighting after the mission is complete.

Edited by ZoltanTheHun
  • Like 3

Mystere fighter sweep this time, a bit boring, one kill only, a Meteor. It was a good fight, but as I mention in another post:  there is no time to slow down with the Mystere when there are MiGs around. 

Edit:  action from 10:00 to 22:30

Kill between 20:20 and 21:40

Edited by ZoltanTheHun
  • Like 1

Very well done!!!

What are you cockpit parameters in order to see the ADI instrument?

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 1

hey thnx yes! i figured ADI is more important than half of VVI...

[GunSightMove]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=gunsightbox

MovementType=POSITION_X

Set[01].Position=0.033

Set[01].Value=-100

Set[02].Position=0.033

Set[02].Value=-99

[remove0]

Type=INACTIVE

NodeName=Line07

Edited by Do335
  • Like 1

Thnx Shrikehawk!

hey right a question if i may... I reckon you're from the States? can you still view the youtube link or does it say "blocked" (as i get a notice it's blocked in United states)? I often like music videos and it seems a bit troublesome to use youtube these days:|

Edited by Do335

Hey Do - Yeah, it says,  "This video contains content from Victor Entertainment. It is not available in your country." Maybe the songs (which I enjoyed by the way) are causing it to be restricted for copyright reasons?

Hey Do - Yeah, it says,  "This video contains content from Victor Entertainment. It is not available in your country." Maybe the songs (which I enjoyed by the way) are causing it to be restricted for copyright reasons?

Ok i see. It seems most songs are just "monetized by claimant" or something but not straight up blocked. i guess some songs are different from others eheh. Anyway thnx!

Finnish Hawk 75A-8 versus Soviet Yak-1B (repurposed Pasko's Yak-9P)

• Like 5

Great flying Do! That cockpit really is great too.

• Like 1

The amazing team of Geezer and Baffmeister have recently released two outstanding aircraft. I felt so good, I made a video about it.

• Like 4

I kinda wanted to start posting some strike fighters 2 footage of various mods or just general game play footage, Because there is  not enough of it out there on youtube. But i have no clue where on the forums to post it so here: 

• Like 3

better quality, older version is deleted.

Mirage F1AZ by the TMF... test video!

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 4

CF-105 flight Test

• Like 2

F-16A Block 10 Demo... around 1981 ! :pilotfly:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, amariani said:

What video capture software do you use?

I use the NVIDIA video capture from the GeForce Exp. suite.

Israel Air Force 1956... the Meteor F.8 flight !

Thank You Jarek !!! :good:

• Like 4

In the Navy... I like this skin created by Nyghtfall !!! Thank You for your mod !!! :good:

• Like 5

CF-5A flight with the new FM v0.96 by Baffmeister ! And new cockpit layout ! Many thanks !!! :clapping:

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 3

F-104... stall and recovered flight from 40000 ft to 17000 ft ! :pilotfly:

• Like 6