Sign in to follow this  
hawker111

Most Realistic Simulation for Military Jet Fighter Aircraft?

I'm interested in just flying fighter jets, not going on combat missions right now. I'm just interested in flying the aircraft to see their performance.

What would be the absolutely best simulation to fly? One that has almost all of the American jet fighter aircraft, and one that has extremely realistic flight modeling?

Thanks,

Hawker111

fsX - might have some good ones

F-16 BMS has the best F-16 FM by miles

DCS - ones with AFM/PFM

S

What would be the absolutely best simulation to fly? One that has almost all of the American jet fighter aircraft, and one that has extremely realistic flight modeling?

Thanks,

Hawker111

Uh, let me think on this for a while..... Uh, the SF2 series?

• Like 1

FSX is only as good as the add-ons that you're using. Not everyone strives for the level of accuracy that you may be seeking. preferring eye-candy to realism.

Wasn't DCS based on an actual flight sim used for the A-10?

I personally think of the following as follows

• Falcon BMS as being the best F-16 simulator in terms of a fully clickable cockpit; it seems to have the most realistic HUD symbol arrangements, radar modes, and the communication setting modes.
  • DCS World as having the best A-10 simulator in terms of a fully clickable cockpit; Soviet Bloc aircraft have displays that really capture the differences in ADI's and meters.
  • Falcon BMS accurately captures the positively insane noise level produced by a jet canopy up
  • DCS World generally seems to have better graphics that flow smoother, with the exception of the following: The view seems to be an excessively wide-angle camera view and everything seems to be curved, size relations don't always look right, and the hangars seem clunkier

Each have their strengths and weaknesses

Wasn't DCS based on an actual flight sim used for the A-10?

AFAIK DCS has its history in the Flanker and LOMAC sims back in the day.

The A-10C module (part of DCS) is basically the USAF desktop simulator with classified bits taken out so the best as far as the A-10C only goes.

There is also Lock Marts Prepare 3D.............don't know much about that though.

• Like 1

MiG Buster

AFAIK DCS has its history in the Flanker and LOMAC sims back in the day.
Really?  The perception of motion seemed to be better in LOMAC Gold and you didn't have that weird wide-angle lens thing.

The A-10C module (part of DCS) is basically the USAF desktop simulator with classified bits taken out so the best as far as the A-10C only goes.
I never would have thought the USAF would have a desktop simulator when they have actual simulators.  It's pretty obvious they would have taken classified stuff out (especially the capabilities of the electronics).