TSF Saab 37 Viggen(*) Flygvapnet Package

Saab 37 Viggen(*)
by The Scandinavian Front & Friends.

The Saab 37 Viggen ("Thunderbolt", ambiguous with "Tufted duck") is a Swedish single-seat, single-engine, short-medium range combat aircraft,
manufactured between 1970 and 1990. Several distinctive variants were produced to perform the roles of strike fighter (AJ37), maritime patrol aircraft (SH 37)
and all-weather fighter-interceptor aircraft (JA 37). In the late 1990s, all Viggens was updated to the multirole version (AJS 37). The last flight with
the Viggen (AJS 37, AJSH & SK 37E Jammers) was done in 2005 with all airplanes replaced by the Saab 39 Gripen.

This package contains Four Flyable and One AI Aircraft

Saab AJ 37 Viggen
Attack version with limited fighter capacity. In service between 1971 and 1998. This aircraft carried the now-famous splinter camo that is the dread of skinners and model makers worldwide.

Saab JA 37 Viggen
Fighter version introduced in 1980 with new engine, entirely different avionics and an internal gun. Stayed in service until 2004 when it was replaced with the Saab 39 Gripen.

Saab JA 37D Viggen
Upgraded JA 37 with RB 99 Amraam capacity introduced in 1997. All was taken out of service in 2004.

Saab AJS 37 Viggen
The last and most capable version with lessions learned from the JAS 39 Program. 48 Viggens was updated to this standard and they stayed in service from 1991 to 2005.

Saab SH 37 Viggen (AI Only)
Maritime Patrol Version with potent attack capacity against maritime targets. In Service from 1975 to 1996.

INSTALLATION:
Download this package and unzip into a folder of your choice, preferably one easy to access.

Visit the DAT site and download their Viggen package. You will only need the Cockpit folder as well as the LOD and OUT files. The airplane will not work without them.

Move the Cockpit Folder and the LOD and OUT files from the DAT package into this unextracted package - Viggen R3 goes into the JA 37 and AJS 37 Folders; Viggen R1 into the AJ 37 and SH 37 Folders.

Copy the package into your Mod Folder.

Have fun.

CONDITIONS FOR USE:
No Improvements, facts, weapons, scripts or data added by the TSF Team may be hosted on any other site then CombatAce without written permission by JonathanRL.
For mods posted to CombatAce, no conditions apply (though Credit is of course appreciated) and the Modders Gentlements Agreement is in effect. Any breach of these conditions
may result in consequences as TSF see fit and as the situation dictates.

Credits:
3D model by Anders Lejczak @ ColaCola.se, used with his written permission. Model converted to SF by Capun @ DAT
Cockpit by Capun @ DAT (?)
SF2 Updates and Skins by Paulopanz
SF2 Flight Models by Baffmeister
Weapons by Ravenclaw_007
Corrections, fact checking, adjustments and loadouts by JonathanRL

Thanks to Capun & A-Team for leading the way, TSF will take it from here.

• Like 1

the TSF packs are my favorite - request you upload Swedish-language speech pack and list (LST) files denoting typical callsigns and military ranks to make this seem even more authentic

the TSF packs are my favorite - request you upload Swedish-language speech pack and list (LST) files denoting typical callsigns and military ranks to make this seem even more authentic

Its on the table but I need voice actors for that.

As it seems that getting access to the site for downloading the required files are next to zero, what are our next options?

No, this is me getting sick of all the inaccuracies present in Capuns Viggen. Out of the loadouts (that has been checked by former pilots), there is now only one tiny mistake instead of all of them.

Nice work Jonathan, another addon for the TSF mega mod... thanks a lot

Quite sure that's not an FM I did. A long time ago a tweaked FM was sent to Capun and I recall the actual FM never found it's way into the package but for some reason, my name did. I do have an unreleased Viggen FM that I was working on with actual canard aerodynamics but it had a few issues that needed attention. Will try to resurrect that project and send something to Jonathan for consideration.

Edited by baffmeister

I was almost certain that you upgraded the flight model around the same time Paulopanz upgraded the skins. Oh well, even the best of us could be wrong :P

No problem, it's not a big deal but for some reason I totally dis-remember what tweaks I may or may not have done to Capuns Viggen FM.

Hello

I posted a question on the "file download" section, but I think it is best to post it here :

Is the AJ-37 cockpit realistic ?

(I am talking about early 70s versions) ?

Does anyone have some pictures ?

I have these :

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/awa01/501-600/awa519-Viggen-Toll/00.shtm

But no idea about the HUD functionnalities

No, its just a remade F-15 Pit.

Thank you, I am still looking for an immersive cockpit (I am not saying realistic)

I was thinking about a modified F105 one ?

Edited by jeanba
  • Like 1

Sorry folks, I just don't know what the "DAT site" means. I've googled it, no joy. Any help?

Regards,

Mark (HerkDriverJ)

18 minutes ago, HerkDriverJ said:

Sorry folks, I just don't know what the "DAT site" means. I've googled it, no joy. Any help?

Regards,

Mark (HerkDriverJ)

If I were you, I would have checked the link that follows instead of looking for other sites: 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crisisloaner
      High losses of F-105's and no extra capacity for F-4 production, the USAF looked for an "off the shelf" aircraft to quickly fill in for strike missions, with additional air-to-air capability. Saab's Viggen was chosen and a version was immediately ordered and delivered to Vietnam.
    • By Menrva

View File Sweden, Baltic Rim (2004-2018)
      Sweden, Baltic Rim (2004-2018) Terrain
      March 13th, 2018 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2: Europe, Recommended Full-5 Merged
      This is a complete remake of the Sweden terrain made by gillg, but set after the Cold War era.
      What began as a simple tiling bugfix, for JonathanRL's The Scandinavian Front mod, turned out to be a huge overhaul upon noticing a number of inaccuracies. The terrain has been retargetized and hand-tiled to a good extent; major changes have been done to the Baltic states, which were pretty inaccurate in terms of target locations. Some rivers have been added and/or retiled to mimic Real World courses. Numerous target areas, including airports and highway strips, have been added in order to expand playability, targets of opportunity and year range.
      This terrain features a fresh new 250m resolution heightmap (instead of the stock 500m resolution), allowing for greater details and precision in elevation changes; overall it provides the whole terrain with a better look.
      The terrain spans from March 30, 2004 (the beginning of NATO's Baltic Air Policing) to December 31, 2018; it is designed for The Scandinavian Front's scenarios by JonathanRL, taking place after the Cold War era.
      This terrain is a standalone version of the one which will be included in the last iteration of the TSF mod package by JonathanRL. The terrain that will be included in the TSF mod package will likely differ slightly from this one, so users are advised to keep that in mind. Also, this terrain uses only a single tileset. The TSF's version will use different tilesets according to the season, as originally designed by our fellow modder, Stary.
      Targets reflect Real World events as accurately as possible; for instance, some airfields won't be available after a certain date and/or will change name according to historic changes. Off Map Airbases have been added and long range AI flights can be generated from them, if you have SF2NA. Most of the main targets have been placed accurately in their Real World locations. Due to the complexity of the area, some inaccuracies are to be expected, but I did my best!
      Ground Objects are not included. Download JonathanRL's The Scandinavian Front mod package to have all that you need for this scenario.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -gillg, who created this terrain and whose work I have admired during my rework. I can only imagine how much time he spent on tiling roads and rivers from scratch!
      -JonathanRL, for his exceptional TSF2 mod package, which prompted me to do something to help improve it.
      -Wrench, as he is always glad to help us fellow terrain modders. Thank you, sir!
      -swambast, who provided me with invaluable help in tracking and fixing common and uncommon bugs.
      -gerwin, whose TFDtool has proved to be essential in today's terrain making. If the terrain is pretty accurate to RL it's also because of him. I included his very nice Airfield 7+8 Addon Pack, too.
      -mue, for the improved shaders he made, which I have included and reworked for the terrain, and for the tools he made for SF2 modding.
      -luk1978, for the waternormal bitmap he shared at the SF2 screenshots thread. Your mods are very interesting!
      -MigBuster, I have included some of his great hi-res textures for runways.
      -Stary, for the wonderful tileset he made exclusively for the original Sweden terrain included in the TSF mod package.
      -Gepard, for his great tutorials about terrain making, in the SF1 Knowledge Base at CombatACE. It's a gold mine!
      -tiopilotos and Stratos, who always support me during my terrain remakes. Thank you, guys!
      -krfrge, who has produced a tutorial for recreating SF2-like planning maps, which prompted me to work on templates and my own high quality planning maps. Thank you very much!
      -comrpnt, for his Approach and Airfield Lighting Pack mod packages for SF1 series, which I reworked and included.
      Because this terrain is a rework of gillg's fantastic creation, I included his ReadMe file from his original package, to the end of giving proper credit to everyone involved directly or not.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      Any changes to the terrain package's files and/or any copy-and-paste attempts of their contents are NOT authorized if you plan to release them in other mods. But permission might be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
      This terrain may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      Submitter Menrva Submitted 03/13/2018 Category Full Terrains  
    • By Menrva
      Sweden, Baltic Rim (2004-2018) Terrain
      by Menrva

This is a complete remake of the Sweden terrain made by gillg, but set after the Cold War era.
      What began as a simple tiling bugfix, for JonathanRL's The Scandinavian Front mod, turned out to be a huge overhaul upon noticing a number of inaccuracies. The terrain has been retargetized and hand-tiled to a good extent; major changes have been done to the Baltic states, which were pretty inaccurate in terms of target locations. Some rivers have been added and/or retiled to mimic Real World courses. Numerous target areas, including airports and highway strips, have been added in order to expand playability, targets of opportunity and year range.
      This terrain features a fresh new 250m resolution heightmap (instead of the stock 500m resolution), allowing for greater details and precision in elevation changes; overall it provides the whole terrain with a better look.
      The terrain spans from March 30, 2004 (the beginning of NATO's Baltic Air Policing) to December 31, 2018; it is designed for The Scandinavian Front's scenarios by JonathanRL, taking place after the Cold War era.
      This terrain is a standalone version of the one which will be included in the last iteration of the TSF mod package by JonathanRL. The terrain that will be included in the TSF mod package will likely differ slightly from this one, so users are advised to keep that in mind. Also, this terrain uses only a single tileset. The TSF's version will use different tilesets according to the season, as originally designed by our fellow modder, Stary.
      Targets reflect Real World events as accurately as possible; for instance, some airfields won't be available after a certain date and/or will change name according to historic changes. Off Map Airbases have been added and long range AI flights can be generated from them, if you have SF2NA. Most of the main targets have been placed accurately in their Real World locations. Due to the complexity of the area, some inaccuracies are to be expected, but I did my best!
      Ground Objects are not included. Download JonathanRL's The Scandinavian Front mod package to have all that you need for this scenario.

-gillg, who created this terrain and whose work I have admired during my rework. I can only imagine how much time he spent on tiling roads and rivers from scratch!
      -JonathanRL, for his exceptional TSF2 mod package, which prompted me to do something to help improve it.
      -Wrench, as he is always glad to help us fellow terrain modders. Thank you, sir!
      -swambast, who provided me with invaluable help in tracking and fixing common and uncommon bugs.
      -gerwin, whose TFDtool has proved to be essential in today's terrain making. If the terrain is pretty accurate to RL it's also because of him. I included his very nice Airfield 7+8 Addon Pack, too.
      -mue, for the improved shaders he made, which I have included and reworked for the terrain, and for the tools he made for SF2 modding.
      -luk1978, for the waternormal bitmap he shared at the SF2 screenshots thread. Your mods are very interesting!
      -Stary, for the wonderful tileset he made exclusively for the original Sweden terrain included in the TSF mod package.
      -Gepard, for his great tutorials about terrain making, in the SF1 Knowledge Base at CombatACE. It's a gold mine!
      -tiopilotos and Stratos, who always support me during my terrain remakes. Thank you, guys!
      -krfrge, who has produced a tutorial for recreating SF2-like planning maps, which prompted me to work on templates and my own high quality planning maps. Thank you very much!
      -comrpnt, for his Approach and Airfield Lighting Pack mod packages for SF1 series, which I reworked and included.
      Because this terrain is a rework of gillg's fantastic creation, I included his ReadMe file from his original package, to the end of giving proper credit to everyone involved directly or not.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      Any changes to the terrain package's files and/or any copy-and-paste attempts of their contents are NOT authorized if you plan to release them in other mods. But permission might be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
      This terrain may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
    • By Menrva

View File Sweden, Baltic Rim (1952-1994)
      Sweden, Baltic Rim (1952-1994) Terrain
      by Menrva

This is a complete remake of the Sweden terrain made by gillg.
      The terrain spans from June 13, 1952 (the beginning of the Catalina Affair) to September 1, 1994 (the main withdrawal of Russian forces from the Baltic states); it is designed for The Scandinavian Front's scenarios by JonathanRL, taking place in the Cold War era.

>Disclaimer:
      Submitter Menrva Submitted 03/13/2018 Category Full Terrains  
    • By Menrva
      Sweden, Baltic Rim (1952-1994) Terrain
      by Menrva

This is a complete remake of the Sweden terrain made by gillg.
      The terrain spans from June 13, 1952 (the beginning of the Catalina Affair) to September 1, 1994 (the main withdrawal of Russian forces from the Baltic states); it is designed for The Scandinavian Front's scenarios by JonathanRL, taking place in the Cold War era.

>Disclaimer:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..