Sign in to follow this  

While we all plan our wish list for addons in SFP1 I would like to suggest a plane that has not been mentioned too much. The F111 Ardvark.

IMO once the tandem cockpit situation is figured out I think the F111 would be a perfect fit for SFP1. I have a friend at work who was one of the last to work on the F111 before it was removed from service and he has been a wealth of knowledge for me personally. Things like the F111 carrying gun pods in the 60s, but because of the design of the main gear doors, the gun pods were taken off because of damage to the gear doors or the fact that the F111 had a top speed of Mach 2.5+ I had no idea the F111 was that fast, but he assures me it was. He was a ordinance guy so I am learning all the different weapons the F111 could carry in the 60s and before it left service. At any rate, I think the F111 deserves some attention when it comes time to start adding aircraft to SFP1. :)

Things like the F111 carrying gun pods in the 60s, but because of the design of the main gear doors, the gun pods were taken off because of damage to the gear doors

Wouldn't it be better to remove the gear and the geardoors insted? :roll: :shock:

Seawolf,

If they could figure out the side by side pit, I too would love to see the Ardvark, But also and for me more-so I'd like to see an A-6 Intruder and believe it or not an S-3 Viking. (by the way throw in a Flat top of the era like the uSS Ranger or the Forrestal)

Okay okay I know Project 2 stuff. :D

BirdDogg.

I'm not surprised by what the sim community can accomplish when they put their minds to it, so it would not surprise me in the least if we get a side-by-side cockpit worked out eventually. I have to admit, I would love to see an F111 and A6 before just about anything else, except maybe that F5 model... :lol:

Well Birddog, funny you should mention the S3. I was a Senso on the S3B from 90-94 in the Navy with VS27 and VS31. :) and yes I would love an S3 as well, but quite honestly the S2 Tracker was the ASW/Scout platform back in the 60s, the S3A didnt enter service until mid 70s. The S2 and S3 could attack shipping in SFP1, but quite honestly its missions are limited to Surface and Subsurface Sea Control. Like the A6 it has no defensive weapons, and in the case of the S3 it only has Chaff and Flare for defense.

Things like the F111 carrying gun pods in the 60s, but because of the design of the main gear doors, the gun pods were taken off because of damage to the gear doors

Wouldn't it be better to remove the gear and the geardoors insted? :roll: :shock:

Yeah we could put perminant skids on it. lol :D

Thanks for the clarification about the (S3/S2) Seawolf, as I think back on it I remember reading something like that you posted on Combatsim long, long ago.

I always thought that Anti Submarine Warfare was something that was left out in the Sim world. I know Janes FA-18 has the capabilty to make the type of mission. But you cannot use the (true) S-3 with it's capability only a S-3 skin on a F18 flight model.

I'm a Medium Core Simmer by nature but I do like my avionics on occassion :)

Good seeing you around agian, BTW where have you been?

BirdDogg. 8)