Sign in to follow this  
greyhawk

msi gt72 2qd with nvidia gtx970m drops when playing

Ok here goes.  I have the msi gt72 2qd with nvidia gtx970m.  When I start the game it is fine until about half with thru a mission.  I did have this problem before and it was the updated nvidia version but cant remember which version I had.  currently i went back to 358.87, then to 358.50.  Has anyone had the same problem as me? and if so which version of the nvidia driver did you use.  I would think the machine I am using would be more than powerful the handle this but, again, i think it is the nvidia version i am using. 

Check your laptop's power options, under Windows control panel. Make sure that it's using the "high performance" profile when it's plugged in. Then look at the drivers and other issues.  BTW, the 970M should be fine, as it's a 6 GB graphics card. It's the 2 GB (960 and lower) units that were having issues with the later drivers.

Another thought:; read this and apply this setting in your Nvidia control panel: http://combatace.com/topic/84199-frame-rate-tweak-for-nvidia-users/

Edited by Fubar512