russouk2004

Ever wonder what you actually fly around in...in game....look here

I was curious...so....heres what the sf world looks like in 3ds max...

post-1981-0-48505900-1452815516_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-81737600-1452815650_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow. That's pretty cool. What terrain is that?

what does a aircraft look like?

Terrain is Germany I think...

doubtful blackbird m8  the extractor I use only seems to extract parts of the world....not all...im looking into it deeper...  :)...

This pic below is of extracted 21 MF....the a\c come out ok  but with no anims,transparent areas like canopys dont come out....and there are other small issues...the models could be put back together but it would take a whole lotta work...quicker to build new...

this one I pulled out of game solely to use for painting...like so

post-1981-0-29271700-1452820193_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

... the extractor I use...

What extractor do you use? How does the extractor work? Intercepting directx api calls maybe?

It is easy to see what tool is being used, but unfortunate that it's being shared like this...Yes Mue, it intercepts Directx draw calls using an api hooking strategy..

Look at the MAX render screen, Mue (1st screenie). You can see the name of program.

it looks like (from my limited research on it yesterday) that it's only usable from within MAX. Of course, I may be wrong! :)

Quite interesting to see what the "pocket universe" look like!!!

Look at the MAX render screen, Mue (1st screenie). You can see the name of program.

Thanks. Found it.

It seems, no one is saying the name of the program. Why? Did I miss something?

no, you've done nothing wrong!

we just don't want to advertise it, since it (appears) to decompile 3w lod stuff

Would this info on the shape of the game world help the developing of things like environmental effects or understanding some game play oddities?

The program captures 3d scenes etc in game......I am not distributing anything...this is for personal use....and as stated....I use the model for painting...as its unusable tbh....anyways....making ur own models is far more fun...

the program isninjaripper      Its been around ages......Im not the 1st one to use it...its been used by 1000`s of users....

I dont condone piracy  hence why I havent shared anything...nor will I...anyways,I openly show I use it....and dont feel I need defend myself...as im not doing anything ,that others are probably doing ,or have done...TK said that he didnt care what was done as long as his stuff wasnt sold or masqueraded as someone elses work...

mue could be accused of this too...as his tool obviously can extract the lods from the cats...and I know he uses it only for his own use....which is commendable....nothing personal mue m8...just using the tool u made as an example...as everyone praises that but some think im doing wrong lol...not that I care.....as im only doing what TK`s guidelines allows.

btw..3dripper dx. does the same....names wrong way aroun

Edited by russouk2004

Uups... I didn't want to start a discussion about piracy.

I see it through the eyes of a software engineer and I think this program can be useful to study and investigate the sf2 graphic/render engine.

Uups... I didn't want to start a discussion about piracy.

I see it through the eyes of a software engineer and I think this program can be useful to study and investigate the sf2 graphic/render engine.

exactly m8...you hit the nail on the head   my point exactly

Russo be VERY careful as using hte type of program like you show is a big NONO here

but yeah I did similar tests ages ago in SF1

the top "sky cone" is the panels count in environment setting, the mesh is not lod but made by sim on the fly it seems at scene generation -heck I even tried texturing is with some high cirruses to no avail so far, the mapping gets all funky blunky

it was just my inquisitivy that made me look at the terrain etc.....doubt its any use ...anyways....done...now thread can be delered as its served no purpose

I see nothing wrong with using a 3d ripper if you can learn and get better from it. It's only lame when people rip entire models and then distribute them or make money off of them.

• Like 1