Sign in to follow this  
RyanM

LOMAC makes PC reboot!

Hello,

Im new to this forum and to the LOMAC but I have a problem. Every time I try to play LOMAC the game crashes and my computer reboots.I have not been able to play it at all yet, every time a level starts loading the game crashes and my PC reboots. I have updated the game to the lastest version (version 1.02) and it still does it. I have the lastest graphics drivers for my card

My PC is......

Windows XP Service Pack 2

AMD Athlon XP 3200

512 MB of DDR 400 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT w/t 256 MB RAM

Sound Blaster Audigy

Can anybody help?

Thank you!

I can't recall hearing that problem myself. Do you have other games that work fine?

You might try turning off auto reboot on crashing in Windows to see what it is. Also, since you have XP SP2, you might try turning off Data Execution Prevention for LOMAC. I don't have SP2 installed, so I'm not sure where you go to do that. :not_i::search:

The Jedi Master

You say you have latest drivers for graphics card. There have been problems noted with 71.89 drivers causing crashes. Have a look at this UBI forum thread

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/99...06/m/6191038623

There were also posts in the past about SP2 causing folks problems although havent seen posts about that for a while now, so maybe it was a red herring. Still SP1 myself so can't comment from experience.....

Ok, I suppose I'll try rolling back my graphics drivers, cause from what a I can tell from reading is that thats the problem.

Thank you for the help! :)

I also had problems with this game.

My pc crashed also everytime when i started the game.

The solution for me whas to change the settings of my pc to the best perfomance,and that was it.

Now the worke like a charme.

Hello Chap

I use SP2 and have no problems with Lock on even with patch 1.02

I also use 6800GT graphics card but with old drivers,61.21 but they work fine,Why

upgrade to the latest ones when theres not a problem with the old ones.

Every time Ive tried to upgrade them I get problems.Old motherboard & only

A 2600XP processor