Sign in to follow this  
swell

Best Objects to use with TAE?

First of all, big thanks to Mue for this great tool.

I already have some objects that I download here, but some appears on the TAE others don´t?!?

I have some very good looking aircraft, all fighters, now i´m looking for cargo ones and some ground crew.

Any help on this one?

Thanks to all

what the hell is a "TAE"?

If you explain/define that, maybe you'll get some help!! )

yes,  I've used it extensively.

so, what's the question?

I´m looking for cargo aircraft and some ground crew to populate my airfields?

1- directions to find the best ones that work in SF2NA?

2-I already have a few but some work others don´t, were I can find some info about statics?

Thanks to all

parked aircraft are generated automatically by the game engine, based on the 'parking slots' set in the various airfield inis. How many show up is set in your /Options -> Graphics --> Ground Objects --> Unlimited (for the most showing)

physical, "static aircraft", as listed in a _types and _targets ini have to be specifically built as such. The physical models (lods), and their skins all have to reside inside the terrain folder in question. There are very few of those. Off the top of my head, C-130, CH-47, a Mirage, F-16 and one or two others.

Other than the equipment found in the airfield development packs, there isn't much else, that's usable Freeware

they work on all terrains, because as mentioned above, they reside WITHIN the specific terrain folder.

why they don't show up is most likely one of several things:

listed improperly in _types.ini

placement (X/Y) is "off" due to airfield facing

inability of Mue's target editor to read or "see" certain objects -- this is a known issue that I've encountered, and reported it as such to Mue

inability of Mue's target editor to read or "see" certain objects -- this is a known issue that I've encountered, and reported it as such to Mue

Yes, the target area editor doesn't read terrain objects if they are located in subfolders (Terrains/<terrain>/<subfolder>/). Currently they must be located directly in the Terrains/<terrain>/ folder. It's on my todo list.

• Like 3

Yes, the target area editor doesn't read terrain objects if they are located in subfolders (Terrains/<terrain>/<subfolder>/). Currently they must be located directly in the Terrains/<terrain>/ folder. It's on my todo list.

YES!

:biggrin: