The ocean water in my game is just a dull blue solid color, no texture at all. I have turned the graphics options all the way up and its the same. Looks nothing like the screenshots from the thirdwire downloads page. Is this the way it is suposed to be or am i missing something?

Welcome to Combat Ace!

The ocean water in my game is just a dull blue solid color, no texture at all. I have turned the graphics options all the way up and its the same. Looks nothing like the screenshots from the thirdwire downloads page. Is this the way it is suposed to be or am i missing something?

Yes, you're missing telling us what game you're on about.

and more importantly, information about you machine, system specs (ram, processor, graphic card & it's ram), and which terrains (one or all?)

need MUCH more information before we can even begin to asses the issue

OK sorry for being to vague.

I have SF2 North Atlantic.

My PC is Vista, 2ghz processor and ram is maxed out at 2gb, have a elcheapo Geforce video card. The game runs smooth with all graphics settings at medium but not with everything set to high. But i cant tell any difference as far as graphics by changing the settings to high just to see how it should look.

OK sorry for being to vague.

I have SF2 North Atlantic.

My PC is Vista, 2ghz processor and ram is maxed out at 2gb, have a elcheapo Geforce video card. The game runs smooth with all graphics settings at medium but not with everything set to high. But i cant tell any difference as far as graphics by changing the settings to high just to see how it should look.

I'd say you just answered your own question. While I'm sure the machine is good for some things it's architecture and software isn't going to give you that immersion detail you're after. There may be a few tweaks you can make that will give you a marginal increase in performance and rendering but I doubt they'll make much difference. If you decided to spend a little money towards a more current platform more designed for gaming you'll get all the detail and effects you're after. In lay terms you're asking your 2006 daily driver to power around the track like a new sports car. Of course I may be wrong and I hope someone has some better advice for you.

Sorry for the bad news and welcome to CombatACE.

Erik

Ya i fully understand my PC is to slow for the wow affect graphics. Something just doesnt seem right though with the ocean being solid color, maybe thats just the way it is.

You graphics card probably lacks an ability to handle all those polygons and shading affects which is why it just shows a solid blue block. An upgrade to the hardware will allow you to see all the rendering you're asking about. It's not that the game doesn't have it if that's what you're on about.

Thanks.

Erik

A dull blue solid color, with no texture?  So I take that it doesn't look like this?  

It almost sounds as if it was somehow stuck in DX9 mode.

• Like 1

Nope, sure dont. I downloaded the SF2 Vietnam and it runs great with graphics all set to unlimited. It listed a bit less computer speed needed. Wow what a difference. It looks amazing.

Water set to "Medium" is just a bland blue surface, "High"+ uses shader model 3.0 (?) which is like it in fubar's video. Best guess, if the gfx card is old enough to not have SM3.0, medium and high makes no difference...

Edited by Do335

gitrdun, Which Nvidia Geforce video card do you have exactly? 

DirX 11 Shaders missing from the Terrain Your using?   ..........Maybe....

KillerBee, the series uses DX10, or shader model 4.0. Shader model 3.0 is DX 9, which is what the OP is describing his game as rendering.

^well there's the answer. No dx10 gfx card, no water shader. The fastest (and cheaper vs. buying a new card) should be gerwin's IcelandNA terrain mod no? Older ones before NA still do DX9.

Welcome gitrdun!

as said above, your "el chapo" card seems to lack shader model 4.0 thus no DX10 eyecandies. So yes best way as Do335  said would be to use Gerwin's port of Iceland into older Dx9 friendly format, that version should work ok

A dull blue solid color, with no texture?  So I take that it doesn't look like this?  

It almost sounds as if it was somehow stuck in DX9 mode.

Dear friend what effect pack , please

gitrdun, Which Nvidia Geforce video card do you have exactly? 

gitrdun, the reason I am asking you about your video card is because I put in a GTX 760 a year or two ago because I needed something with more power in order to run Star Citizen. However, I still have my old Nvidia EVGA GeForce GTX 275. I know that is old by computer standards (2009) but it is DirectX 10 capable which should resolve the graphics issues you have. I never had any problems with running Strike Fighters 2 with the graphics set to Unlimited with it.

If it is more capable that what you have now, if you are interested, and are in the USA then I would be willing to discuss payment and shipping for GTX 275.

My graphics card is a Geforce 7300.

Okay, that card is some three years older than the surplus GTX 275 I have available. Does your motherboard have an open PCI Express port?

Thank´s, and the aircraft fire? is wow

Those are Stary's "Hollywood" effects.

Those are Stary's "Hollywood" effects.

Thank´s

KillerBee, the series uses DX10, or shader model 4.0. Shader model 3.0 is DX 9, which is what the OP is describing his game as rendering.

I stand corrected My Man. I get confused a lot..........   Byproduct of running a DX 12 Card with a DX 10 Game......