Sign in to follow this  
sunliner

WOV-using carriers for single missions

Hey guys!

After many months, I finally found WoV in podunk-a** Gainesville, Fl...

So far I really like it, but it seems that I can only operate off a carrier from the campaign mode.

Is there any way to set it up so I can use the carriers for single missions?

Thanks for reading!

-Mike

If you mean by clicking on the "create a mission" button, I don't think so. You can, however, write your own mission, where you have a carrier that you can land and take off from, and then load it into WoV.

Hi sunliner,

Here is a simple cat launch missioin,,,using the CAV-63,F-4J Phantom II, & Vietnam terrain,it will give you a idea how missions are made..

As Fubar says you have to create your own missions/campaigns,or rely on someone else to do them & make em available for download...

The CVA-63 is the carrier that comes with WoV,,but you can download & install many more that modders have made...

Just copy this to notepad,rename it to what you want,make it a msn file,install in your mission folder,,go fly,,,,hope you like it... :biggrin:

[MissionHeader]

AircraftType=F-4J

MissionMap=VietnamSEA

MissionType=CAP

StartDate=05/10/1972

StartTime=16:00

[Weather]

WeatherType=CLEAR

WeatherAlt=4000.0

WeatherThickness=500.0

FogAmount=0.6

ContrailAlt=8000

StartWindDirection=90.0

StartWindSpeed=0.0

WindGustingAmount=0.0

[MissionData]

FriendlyAirActivity=1

EnemyAirActivity=1

FriendlyAirDefenseActivity=1

EnemyAirDefenseActivity=1

PlayerMissionID=1

PlayerPositionID=1

MissionNumber=1

AdjustStartPosition=FALSE

AdjustBaseWaypoint=TRUE

[AircraftMission001]

AircraftType=F-4J

Name=SHOWTIME

FormationType=USFighter

Size=1

RandomChance=100

MissionType=CAP

ObjectiveID=0

RatingForSuccess=50

Position=652000.0,565000.0,0.0

Heading=90.0

Speed=0.0

Alignment=FRIENDLY

Nation=USN

Texture=USNGrey1

Squadron=VF96

AircraftNumber=00

PilotTrainingStandard=EXCELLENT

CarrierBased=TRUE

StartOnGround=TRUE

Waypoint[01].Command=LAND_TOUCHDOWN

Waypoint[01].Position=652000.0,565000.0,0.0

Waypoint[01].Size=50

Waypoint[01].Speed=60.0

[GroundMission001]

GroundObjectType=CVA-63

Name=CVA-63 Kitty Hawk

NavalObject=TRUE

Carrier=TRUE

FormationType=Single

Size=1

RandomChance=100

Position=652000.0,565000.0

Heading=90.0

Speed=15.0

Alignment=FRIENDLY

Nation=USN

ShipNumber=63

Waypoint[01].Command=WAYPOINT

Waypoint[01].Position=752000.0,565000.0,0.0

Waypoint[01].Size=500

Waypoint[01].Speed=15.0

Here is a simple cat launch missioin,,,using the CAV-63,F-4J Phantom II, & Vietnam terrain,it will give you a idea how missions are made..

As Fubar says you have to create your own missions/campaigns,or rely on someone else to do them & make em available for download...

The CVA-63 is the carrier that comes with WoV,,but you can download & install many more that modders have made...

Just copy this to notepad,rename it to what you want,make it a msn file,install in your mission folder,,go fly,,,,hope you like it... :biggrin:

Hi dfang --

Please pardon my neophyte "status" and accompanying ignorance.... Is it possible that the script you provided would work in Strike Fighters Project 1 as well??

I have both SF P1 and WOV, but everytime I install WOV my system begins experiencing "Hangs" which require Power Off Reboots. I can play SF P1 without any "Hangs" so I have thus far only used SF P1.

If the script you provided DOES work for SF P1, can you help with a little more specifics?? I don't know what an "msn" file is....

Also, I can't find any carriers for SF P1. Are there any?? If so, can I access them from a "Single Mission" environment??

Any help, guidance, and counsel you are able and willing to share would be really appreciated.....

Thanks,

Ron

Ron,

This mission is made for WoV because it has VietnamSEA terrain & the CVA-63 carrier.

You can install carriers & different terrains into SFP1...from people (modders) that have created them and put them out for download for us to enjoy.. :)

The msn file is created when,,,you copy & SAVE the text i posted to notepad,,name it what ever you want,,then make it a msn file by putting .msn at the end of what ever you named the mission..example: Carrier Launch.msn or F-4J Attack.msn..then it will be saved as a msn file,which you can copy & paste it into your mission folder,,then it will show up in your single mission selection menu... :grin: ,,,but in order for the mission to work,,you must have the correct terrain,aircraft,objects (carrier) to match the mission...

Here is a site or two that will help you understand what you need to get carriers up and running,,er..i mean floating.. :lol: ,Column5 is a good site... http://ca.geocities.com/saganuay820/...http://www.column5.us/

I would try & get to the bottom of why WOV won't load,,Is it a original Version??

Also, I can't find any carriers for SF P1.  Are there any??  If so, can I access them from a "Single Mission" environment??

What's wrong with Ark Royal, Coral Sea, Oriskany, Essex, Albion, Bulwark etc.?

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?dlcategory=7

(btw the "not available" means no screenshot not file offline)

You will only be able to access them if you have missions created for them.

Hi Dfang (Everyone really - Don't mean to be exclusive AT ALL) --

I finally installed WOV and the 2 patches. THUS FAR, no hangs, so maybe the glitch has disappeared. I am in the midst of a re-install of Win XP, so lots of things are changing lately.

I guess for now, I have one last simple query. If I save the script you provided, and put it in the Mission Folder, will it work "all by itself" or do I have to download terrains, aircraft, and objects from somewhere??

One last "little question" -- I always try to make an "everyday" copy of my game CD's so the original is preserved in pristine condition in case I have to re-install the game and or Windows XP (a more and more common necessity it seems).

I was able to make such a copy of SF-P1 but 2 tries at WOV showed a successful "copy", but the CD does not "work" when execution of the game is attempted. Any guidance on this one -- I use Easy CD Creator 5.0 and have some HP Utils that came with the system, but I have never tried any of the HP stuff.

Thanks - Once again,

Ron

PS -- I will try not to become a recurring "bad dream"....

Hi Buff --

"You will only be able to access them if you have misions created for them."

That's my "problem", Buff. How do I know which Missions I need to download to use with which carrier??

Sorry to be such a complete neophyte, but this seems a bit fuzzy still. I really am quite a fast learner, so I will improve. Please try to be patient....

Thanks,

Ron

If you look in dfang's post

"MissionMap=VietnamSEA"

tells you what terrain you need. You could edit it to use another terrain.

"GroundObjectType=CVA-63

Name=CVA-63 Kitty Hawk"

if you are a fast learner you have sussed it already & I don't need to say anything more ;)

Most mission/campaigns will have a readme e.g. from fallenphoenix's RN Alpha Strike http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?download=1137

"Required: F-4J RN, Skyhawk FG.2, HMS Victorious, HMS Cavalier" so you know that you need those addons, however you can edit the mission to use what you want/have.

OK Buff --

It does appear that the scripts for these games are not altogether unlike those for a game called Re-Volt. I don't believe I need to say anymore.....

I will look at the scripts with a little more interest. I must admit, I did not "study" them at all.....

Cheers,

Ron