Sign in to follow this  
LightningIII

huddata.ini control of message system?

I'm messing around with the huddata.ini in order to produce a JHMCS-like environment. What I'm aiming for is to have only radio subtitles shown, not the weapon select/radar range etc. messages. I also need to have the targeting boxes, so I can't change HUD settings to Hard, as that seems to eliminate the boxes. I've tried changing SHOWMESSAGES and SYSTEMMESSAGESONLY to every combination of true and false but it's not having any effect.

move the position of text fields outside of the defined screen boundaries? Can't say anything more from top of my head now but there shuold be entry defining corners of the screen and positions of relevant HUD data in regards to the space

Certainly I'm able to remove all the messages and the radio chatter. What I was hoping to be able to to do is not show the messages which are not radio subtitles i.e. the way that the HUD behaves in hard mode. Basically, I either need to get the hard mode HUD to show the target boxes or the medium mode HUD to not show "sim" messages and only show "radio" messages in the manner of a hard mode HUD.