Hello everyone, this is basically my first post on CombatAce.
Even though I enjoyed a lot NATO Fighters 5 and its campaign, I couldn't notice some mistakes in Soviet OOBs. And what started as a small fix to a 1986 campaign grew into a new campaign, set in June 1989.

Fearing harsh Soviet reaction to "Solidarity" party's rise to power in Poland, NATO decides to use Soviet moment of weakness and strike at almost cut out of supplies East German and Soviet troops, seeking to join with Polish troops.

Unfortunately, due to forum limitations I can't upload the early version of campaign itself, but I'd like to ask for help with Czechoslovakia's Air Force OOB. If someone is interested in such a campaign or can help with useful info -- I will be glad to cooperate.

• Like 1

I'd like to ask for help with Czechoslovakia's Air Force OOB.

1. slp

Base: Budejovice Airbase

MiG-21MF

MiG-23MF

MiG-23ML

4. slp

Base: Pardubice Airbase

MiG-21MA

MiG-21MF

5. slp

Base: Dobrany Airbase

MiG-21F

MiG-21MA/MF

6. sbolp

Base: Prerov (not included on stock GermanyCE map)

MiG-21MF

Su-22M4

8. slp

Base: Brno (not included on stock GermanyCE map)

MiG-21PF (used until '89)

MiG-21PFM

MiG-21MF (used from '89)

9. slp

Base: Bechyne Airbase

MiG-21PF (used until '89)

MiG-21PFM

(Possibly some MiG-21MA/MF as well to replace the MiG-21PF)

11. slp

Base: Zatec Airbase

MiG-21PFM

MiG-23MF (used until '89)

MiG-29 (used from '89)

20. sbolp

Base: Namest nad Oslavou (not included on stock GermanyCE map)

Su-7BKL (used until '89)

Su-22M4

Su-7U (used until '89)

L-29

Su-22UM-3K

28. sbolp

Base: Cáslav Airbase

MiG-23BN

30. blp

Base: Pardubice Airbase

Su-25K

47. pzlp

Base: Hradec Kralove (not included on stock GermanyCE map)

L-29R (used until '89)

MiG-21R

Su-22M4

SLP - Fighter Regiment, SBOLP - Fighter-bomber Regiment, PZLP - Recon Regiment

Source: http://forum.valka.cz

• Like 1

Thanks for detailed OOB. @Blade ! I will try to finish the initial part of the campaign in a couple of days (though it will still require NATO Fighters 5 for all its elements).

At the moment it looks like NATO side is basically "easymode" since USSR has less planes and less capable avionics, while being the "shield" will be challenging, especially for the Eastern German part.

Sounds like a fun campaign. But yes, I've been playing the 1986 campaign of NF5 (after adding a few more Polish fighter regiments that were inexplicably left out and a few other OOB changes) and the NATO aircraft (F-15Cs, Tornados, F-16s, Mirage 2000s) have it pretty much their own way with the Fitters, MiG-21s and MiG-23s. The 1953 campaign needed some fine-tuning as well. There were IRL no La-15s or MiG-9s facing NATO by then. And the campaign has no real red ground attack without Il-10s, which were still in wide use by the Soviets and Czechs at the time.

Well, having difficulties as the reds in the 80's is more or less historical. Western technology was way ahead, except for the close range missiles which were a very bad surprise when the Luftwaffe tested them. 

Yep, in my scenario USSR will draw Su-27 and MiG-31 regiments from PVO forces to the rescue, which can even the situation. I am thinking about land combat as there are very few nodes and ground units can't be stacked.

If I knew how to mod the nodes I'd increase their number for a more realistic and interesting ground war, I converted US infantry divisions to use Bradleys and Soviet MRDs to BMP-2, leaving tanks only to tank divisions. That allows for not only anti-tank CAS, but also fighting with infantry-ish targets.

I've already added on-map Czech units, leaving others as fighting on another front (to the south or against Poland):

ssAkz_ZOOjE.jpg

Hello

I have some interest in WP orders of battle and I started a discussion on acig :

http://www.acig.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6947

you have to subscribe, but it is free (though you can give me your credit card number if you insist)

Some links :

For a correct order of battle of the Romanian AF in 1989, see:
http://www.acig.info/CMS/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=47

• Like 1

Thanks, jeanba! I will be ready to present the first version tomorrow, though it might require some polish, surprisingly USSR tries to go on the offensive very early despite low morale and supplies :)