IL-10 "SHAKOSH"

HISTORY

As the Imperial Republic of Paran moved into a more prosperous, if uneasy peace with their neighbours in Dhimar, it was decided, that an upgrade of the Armed Forces was of paramount importance, up until 1946 the Parani Army, Air Force, and Navy had been equipped with obsolete cast off aircraft from the "Western Infidel " war of 1939 -1945 mainly equipped with old Soviet, and some Italian and German airframes, it was found that as the Dhimari's had started to upgrade their Air Forces, that the present equipment levels were sadly lacking and not overly capable, plus the cost of maintaining these elderly and war weary airframes was prohibitive in the least !
The Paran Ministry of Defence, had been keeping a close eye on the activities in Korea, and they noted that the use of the upgraded IL-2's used by the Chinese and Korean Forces were very able and reliable weapons systems, as , also the Parani's had Czech Military advisors, the acquisition of Avia B-33 licence built IL-10 airframes was very viable and affordable. So began the long and successful career of the IL-10 (named SHAKOSH which means hammer In Parani ) in service with the I.P.A.F.A.

Installation and blah blah

I have included ( I hope) everything needed in one package, ie. the aircraft decals, weapons, pilots, and sounds. I have also included a SQADRONLIST.INI, and a NATIONS.INI to allow these birds to show up as a nation and with the correct markings. I have dropped all the respective files into their correct folders so, all you will need to do is unRAR/ZIP/7Z to your saved game folder, and allow overwrites ( if any) I have tested this on a full merged all bells and whistles SF2 so I assume it will work on unmerged too.as I said everything is there to get her up and running, just drop it all as is into your saved game folder and off you fly.

This is a quick and dirty repaint of the original IL-10 Beast with marking etc for an aircraft in Parani service, there are 2 different skins for the 2 Army Forward Aviaton Regiments, the load outs are for a mix of Czech and Soviet weapons, however they are date dependant, so some wont show up at certain dates, but that is not an issue as there are other weapons which are used instead, it helps if you have weapons packs etc in your install, but not 100% needed.

CREDITS !!!
Credit for the original model and workings to Baffmeister, Spillone104 & Paulopanz involved in the original aircraft. I have just played around and tweaked a few things. also added Czech weapons as loadouts instead of the bog standard FAB's etc.
I could not have done this for you to enjoy without the initial hard work by the likes of Mr Wrench, Mr Paulopanz and all the other fantastic modders on here to numerous to mention, I am an amateur just dipping my toe in a very deep pond !!!

I shall be re doing further aircraft for the Dhimar - Paran Theatre of operations, so please enjoy, I hope you have fun with these, as I have fun messing about and making them for you , so you don't have to :airplane:

I love your "Dhimar-Paran streak". 

Keep them coming and...thank you. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Trotski
      HISTORY

As the Imperial Republic of Paran moved into a more prosperous, if uneasy peace with their neighbours in Dhimar, it was decided, that an upgrade of the Armed Forces was of paramount importance, up until 1946 the Parani Army, Air Force, and Navy had been equipped with obsolete cast off aircraft from the "Western Infidel " war of 1939 -1945 mainly equipped with old Soviet, and some Italian and German airframes, it was found that as the Dhimari's had started to upgrade their Air Forces, that the present equipment levels were sadly lacking and not overly capable, plus the cost of maintaining these elderly and war weary airframes was prohibitive in the least !
      The Paran Ministry of Defence, had been keeping a close eye on the activities in Korea, and they noted that the use of the upgraded IL-2's used by the Chinese and Korean Forces were very able and reliable weapons systems, as , also the Parani's had Czech Military advisors, the acquisition of Avia B-33 licence built IL-10 airframes was very viable and affordable. So began the long and successful career of the IL-10 (named SHAKOSH which means hammer In Parani ) in service with the I.P.A.F.A.

Installation and blah blah

I have included ( I hope) everything needed in one package, ie. the aircraft decals, weapons, pilots, and sounds. I have also included a SQADRONLIST.INI, and a NATIONS.INI to allow these birds to show up as a nation and with the correct markings. I have dropped all the respective files into their correct folders so, all you will need to do is unRAR/ZIP/7Z to your saved game folder, and allow overwrites ( if any) I have tested this on a full merged all bells and whistles SF2 so I assume it will work on unmerged too.as I said everything is there to get her up and running, just drop it all as is into your saved game folder and off you fly.

This is a quick and dirty repaint of the original IL-10 Beast with marking etc for an aircraft in Parani service, there are 2 different skins for the 2 Army Forward Aviaton Regiments, the load outs are for a mix of Czech and Soviet weapons, however they are date dependant, so some wont show up at certain dates, but that is not an issue as there are other weapons which are used instead, it helps if you have weapons packs etc in your install, but not 100% needed.

CREDITS !!!
      Credit for the original model and workings to Baffmeister, Spillone104 & Paulopanz involved in the original aircraft. I have just played around and tweaked a few things. also added Czech weapons as loadouts instead of the bog standard FAB's etc.
      I could not have done this for you to enjoy without the initial hard work by the likes of Mr Wrench, Mr Paulopanz and all the other fantastic modders on here to numerous to mention, I am an amateur just dipping my toe in a very deep pond !!!

I shall be re doing further aircraft for the Dhimar - Paran Theatre of operations, so please enjoy, I hope you have fun with these, as I have fun messing about and making them for you , so you don't have to

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..