Sign in to follow this  
swell

Aircraft Carrier Operations

Hi!

It´s possible to use the catapult again after landing on the carrier?

I look for this topic everyware and didn´t find nothing?!?

Thanks for your help

As far as I remember, if you park your plane after landing to a catapult position the plane is set for take-off again. I´m not sure about it... Try for yourself and tell us.

As far as i know, you ''can't''.

If you are on empty load (no more weapons) and depending of the plane you are flying you might be able to take off again, but not from a catapult position but from the landing point. I did it numerous times with F-14's and F-18's. Unless there is a mod somewhere that can aloud us to be catapulted again that would be great.

For a bit more of a challenge fly an intentional "bolter" approach. Make landing without lowering tail hook . As you hit deck select burner and go around again. Don't just shoot for a "touch and go " . Fly like you plan to trap and just leave hook up.

Edited by Sheriff
  • Like 1

TeargasHorse : by doing that, put full flaps out + AB and hope for the best because plane will now be heavy WITHOUT the catapult push. If plane with no AB, prepare to bail out :)

For Sheriff, this is great to do. I practice in-cockpit landing this way but it is far more challenging to do an approach in the intention to properly land and miss all the wires :) When about stall speed it's either you make it or not.

Want to add more challenge : land with enough fuel to do 1 approach only...

• Like 1