Sign in to follow this  
Trotski

C 47 Paratroop door

Has anyone seen , or know of a mod that animates the loading / para drop door on the C-47 ? I know its only asthetics, but it looks a little peculiar dropping the Paras out of "some mysterious aperture" in the fuselage , as the Box car and the AN-2 have operating doors, I wondered if this was possible to model on the C-47's we have already..........Also, another question, is there any way of making the Paras, transition into actual infantry when they hit dirt ? or do they just land, and that is it ?

it's not animated. you can only "remove" it (see my AC-47 gunship mod)

2nd question, no. as they're treated as "bombs"

ahh ok....thought so mate, its most.........irritatin' !! lol

OK, so now we have established , a work around by removing said door, how do I make the Para's exit said door, instead of dropping out the bottom like the thing is having an enormous dump ?

Below is how its achieved for the Ju 52.

[TroopBay]
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=1
StationGroupID=1
StationType=INTERNAL
AttachmentPosition=-0.20,-2.45,0.25
AttachmentAngles=-90.0,0.0,0.0 - Paratrooper facing looking out the door
LoadLimit=1600
AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB
AttachmentType=Nazi Germany
NumWeapons=15 - Number of paratroopers carried
AttachmentPosition001=-0.8,-2.4,0.2 - Position of each paratrooper in the door
AttachmentPosition002=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition003=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition004=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition005=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition006=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition007=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition008=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition009=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition010=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition011=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition012=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition013=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition014=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
AttachmentPosition015=-0.8,-2.4,0.2
DiameterLimit=0.3
LengthLimit=2.0
BombBayAnimationID=5
BombBayOpenTime=2.0 - For animated door
BombBayCloseTime=2.0
EjectVelocity=-5.0,0.0,1.2 - Ejection is lateral away from the door
MinExtentPosition=-0.45,-0.75,-1.0
MaxExtentPosition= 0.45,-1.75,0.45

It can take some time to adjust the paratrooper weight and drag to get the effect you like.

I shall look at this on the morrow, with a fresh pair of eyes, so thank you, I knew it was all about the Attachment pos , just wasn't sure how it worked exactly. I shall experiment with this in the mornin'....after my second ( at the very least ) Very strong and very black coffee !!!

I thought someone had made the paratroops impact like bombs and had the "crater" effect look like troops on the ground?

the whole 'stick' would be positioned in the same place (as in above)

guestimate position of the paras, with door removed (the x/y/z statement in the image)

• Like 1

Gotcha, I suspected this was what had to be done, but as you know I am only just starting out doing minor modding like this , so thank you for the heads up, I shall have a play and see what is what. It,s a shame the paras don't act as Infantry when they land, I know its all down to game limitations etc. just rather odd, and difficult to complete a mission with success dropping paras, on a target, or near one, which would be the real world scenario. I also think its a shame that when the stick exits the aircraft they don't spread out more like the real thing , these guys parachute like the Red Devils lol

Hi many years ago I did some paratroopers and set them as a small cluster bombs

No effects ...

The paras themselves aren't really an overwhelming issue, except for the fact they are pretty pointless, however, as  an eye candy thing, or AI dropping them, they are desirable, except for the fact when they land, they do Sweet Fanny Adams.  and as when I actually drop  them, I am more interested in avoiding flak , I don't ( except in testing ) generally go to external view to see what the grunts are up to. It's just mildly irritating that they are for all intents and purposes, training rounds , and are pretty much useless........niggles me when stuff is put into a sim , then doesn't do anything.......So, ( to get back on my point ) I am more interested in getting the Paras to jump out the door not the floor, but I think Wrench and  LloydNB have answered that issue, I just have to faff about getting the buggers out the damn door lol lol lol

Sorry guys, its my OCD  and terminal Pedantry kicking in..........I'm insane, but I am getting better........Well that's my story anyhow harharhar.

Just nevermind paras after drop. They are on their own from now. Focus on instruments  and  map and get back safely home. You did your part of battle.

• Like 1

If you set them as small cluster bombs you can use them to take out AAA around airfields ect :-) 

I shall try that Hi Ho, but as Yakarov just said....bugger the bloody pongos.....it's Pimms o'clock.....lets bugger off home lads .

Yes mate I read through that post yesterday, I was having issues getting them to work, and this post sorted it.

Would it be possible to creat an animated paratrooper i.e. have them seated or standing in a row, hold onto their static line, move to the door, then jump?  There are animations associated with other "munitions", why not paratroopers?  A lot of effort for little return but it would be nice to know if it is possible!

If we could manage that then we could manage them transitioning into regular infantry squads after they land, so I guess the answer would be no...........they are pretty pointless really in the great scheme of things, but Hey, I am ever the champion of lost causes !!

Would it be possible to creat an animated paratrooper i.e. have them seated or standing in a row, hold onto their static line, move to the door, then jump?  There are animations associated with other "munitions", why not paratroopers?  A lot of effort for little return but it would be nice to know if it is possible!

Yes it is possible.

Did something like this on my Littlebird.