Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By yakarov79

View File A-7 Corsair II. SLUF over Vietnam.
      Simple skin pack with a few sets of skins for Navy versions of A-7 Corsair II - A/B/C/E that flew during the air war over Vietnam between 1967-1974.
      Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure etc.) 
      It is designed for and works only in SF2 series.
      To run this mod you need also access to TW lod files from SF2 Series.
      userlist.ini included covering correct years of use of specific models.
      Skins cover the years 1967-1974  CVW deployments during Vietnam War. All squadrons year by year.
      The pack contains skins and decals. 
      Skins sets are made in pairs - two squadrons for CVW for a specific year. 
      I could not find all the correct BuNo / Modex but I am considering this as ongoing work in progress, so one day if I will learn something new there will be an update. Also, not all squadrons have CAG markings, sometimes i could not find info on markings...so I left it, again there might be an update if new info appears.
      I believe that the pack after unp[backing is around 2.6GB. So make some space for SLUF.

All skins, new bump maps, specular, and decals are made by me. 

report bugs.
      enjoy. 
      Jarek Hereda.

P.S.
      This is huge, a lot of copy-paste for me, all decals.ini, textur.ini, etc...So if you will find that one decal is not showing up or something...just check first - maybe there is some bug in *.ini file. Fix, post solution, etc... So others can benefit from your fix. 
      I put a lot of effort and time, and checked everything twice..still gremlins can appear. 

PART TWO - OPTIONAL MOD FILES.
      This is only for experienced users!
      who know how to improve the game for themselves, are not afraid of experimenting, and know how to go back to stock ini files if something is not okay.
      This is based on my mod that unifies USN equipment (300 gal tanks, MERs, TERs etc.)
      optional mod files include reworked data files - correcting usage of weapons, fuel tanks, etc. adding some specific tanks, and stations for specific launchers adding fake pilot mods etc, 
      additional fake pilot mods (legendary fake pilot mod required!)
      additional loadout ini files - for a better game experience 
      additional weapons by Ravenclaw to cover weapons needed in new loadout ini files.
      D704 refueling pod/fuel tank by Nyghtfall from his great A-4 pack.. 
      I highly recommend picking up piece by piece from optional mods, testing, and deciding whether to use them or not.
      Use the optional mod as a separate mod or as a reference to make your own. 

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
      See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
      Bribes and donations are accepted;
      THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
      OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.
      Submitter yakarov79 Submitted 08/20/2023 Category A-7  
    • By yakarov79
      Simple skin pack with a few sets of skins for Navy versions of A-7 Corsair II - A/B/C/E that flew during the air war over Vietnam between 1967-1974.
      Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure etc.) 
      It is designed for and works only in SF2 series.
      To run this mod you need also access to TW lod files from SF2 Series.
      userlist.ini included covering correct years of use of specific models.
      Skins cover the years 1967-1974  CVW deployments during Vietnam War. All squadrons year by year.
      The pack contains skins and decals. 
      Skins sets are made in pairs - two squadrons for CVW for a specific year. 
      I could not find all the correct BuNo / Modex but I am considering this as ongoing work in progress, so one day if I will learn something new there will be an update. Also, not all squadrons have CAG markings, sometimes i could not find info on markings...so I left it, again there might be an update if new info appears.
      I believe that the pack after unp[backing is around 2.6GB. So make some space for SLUF.

All skins, new bump maps, specular, and decals are made by me. 

report bugs.
      enjoy. 
      Jarek Hereda.

P.S.
      This is huge, a lot of copy-paste for me, all decals.ini, textur.ini, etc...So if you will find that one decal is not showing up or something...just check first - maybe there is some bug in *.ini file. Fix, post solution, etc... So others can benefit from your fix. 
      I put a lot of effort and time, and checked everything twice..still gremlins can appear. 

PART TWO - OPTIONAL MOD FILES.
      This is only for experienced users!
      who know how to improve the game for themselves, are not afraid of experimenting, and know how to go back to stock ini files if something is not okay.
      This is based on my mod that unifies USN equipment (300 gal tanks, MERs, TERs etc.)
      optional mod files include reworked data files - correcting usage of weapons, fuel tanks, etc. adding some specific tanks, and stations for specific launchers adding fake pilot mods etc, 
      additional fake pilot mods (legendary fake pilot mod required!)
      additional loadout ini files - for a better game experience 
      additional weapons by Ravenclaw to cover weapons needed in new loadout ini files.
      D704 refueling pod/fuel tank by Nyghtfall from his great A-4 pack.. 
      I highly recommend picking up piece by piece from optional mods, testing, and deciding whether to use them or not.
      Use the optional mod as a separate mod or as a reference to make your own. 

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
      See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
      Bribes and donations are accepted;
      THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
      OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.
    • By RustyKurnass

View File SF2NA A-7s Skin Pack
      SF2NA A-7s Skin Pack
      = Tested in SF2NA, Full-5 Merged
      This project started as a personal customization to improve historically the skins for the VA-72 A-7B_71 for the squadron cruise aboard JFK in 1975 and for VA-81 and -83 aboard Saratoga during the clashes with Libya of 1986.
      So,I realize them basically to be used in the Northern Sabre 75 and El Dorado Canyon Campaignes present in the SF2NA Expansion Pack and SF2 Med Crisis.
      The starting skins with which I played around are 3W for the A-7B_71 and the Wrench'TPS one for the A-7E_74,so much of the credit will be deserved by them; I added to the Echo skins some missing panel lines and the latches and air vents of the avionic bays plus some extra weathering and corrosion control.
      The Bravo received the same treatement of the Echo plus the squadron specific blue on the wings and fin tips and the white of the nose.
      All the decals was done by me.
      All the Bu.Nos are historycally correct for all three Squadrons; this was one of the hardest part and I was able to barely sort out the required 12 to complete the standard number of planes deployed by a Navy squadron.

==========
      To Install:
      As always raccomended,all in the relative folders in your game(s)
      -----------------------------
      Credits:
      3W for the A-7B_71 and A-7E_74 Corsairs and the -7B_71 skin
      Wrench for the already great A-7E_74 TPS skins,a handy starting point
      Makoto for the idea and permission of the VA-72 fuselage stripe decals
      Me for the decals and the small improvements

------------
      Know issue:

The first issue is common to all three skins; despite I'd the pilots name for the Squadrons cruises,I wasn't able to pair name and assigned planes,so the nameplates are present but empty.
      Next nthe ones for the VA-72: the most important, I forgot one chess line on the rudder;I was misguided by the initial reference found and when I noticed the error,due to unwillingness to redo the work again from such an advanced state,I choose to left all as it was, sorry,
      The fuselage stripe;actually the stripe will stop at the lower edge of the avionic bays access doors, but I was unable to obtain this and as result the decals continue 'till the most forward of the MLG doors,sorry but my skill are very limited...
      If someone will address these issues,feel free to try ( and share) the result!
      --------------------------------------------
      Legal note:
      This package may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware addition.
      -------------------------------------------
      Gianni "RustyKurnass" Coniglio
      ==========
      Submitter RustyKurnass Submitted 11/17/2020 Category A-7  
    • By RustyKurnass
      SF2NA A-7s Skin Pack
      = Tested in SF2NA, Full-5 Merged
      This project started as a personal customization to improve historically the skins for the VA-72 A-7B_71 for the squadron cruise aboard JFK in 1975 and for VA-81 and -83 aboard Saratoga during the clashes with Libya of 1986.
      So,I realize them basically to be used in the Northern Sabre 75 and El Dorado Canyon Campaignes present in the SF2NA Expansion Pack and SF2 Med Crisis.
      The starting skins with which I played around are 3W for the A-7B_71 and the Wrench'TPS one for the A-7E_74,so much of the credit will be deserved by them; I added to the Echo skins some missing panel lines and the latches and air vents of the avionic bays plus some extra weathering and corrosion control.
      The Bravo received the same treatement of the Echo plus the squadron specific blue on the wings and fin tips and the white of the nose.
      All the decals was done by me.
      All the Bu.Nos are historycally correct for all three Squadrons; this was one of the hardest part and I was able to barely sort out the required 12 to complete the standard number of planes deployed by a Navy squadron.

==========
      To Install:
      As always raccomended,all in the relative folders in your game(s)
      -----------------------------
      Credits:
      3W for the A-7B_71 and A-7E_74 Corsairs and the -7B_71 skin
      Wrench for the already great A-7E_74 TPS skins,a handy starting point
      Makoto for the idea and permission of the VA-72 fuselage stripe decals
      Me for the decals and the small improvements

------------
      Know issue:

The first issue is common to all three skins; despite I'd the pilots name for the Squadrons cruises,I wasn't able to pair name and assigned planes,so the nameplates are present but empty.
      Next nthe ones for the VA-72: the most important, I forgot one chess line on the rudder;I was misguided by the initial reference found and when I noticed the error,due to unwillingness to redo the work again from such an advanced state,I choose to left all as it was, sorry,
      The fuselage stripe;actually the stripe will stop at the lower edge of the avionic bays access doors, but I was unable to obtain this and as result the decals continue 'till the most forward of the MLG doors,sorry but my skill are very limited...
      If someone will address these issues,feel free to try ( and share) the result!
      --------------------------------------------
      Legal note:
      This package may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware addition.
      -------------------------------------------
      Gianni "RustyKurnass" Coniglio
      ==========
    • By dtmdragon

View File Fictional ‘What if’ Royal New Zealand Air Force A-7 Corsair II Skins
      Fictional ‘What if’ Royal New Zealand Air Force A-7 Corsair II Skins

As requested in MAKO69’s topic (http://combatace.com/topic/82082-a-lot-of-what-if-ideas-for-the-moders/?do=findComment&comment=658905) here are my RNZAF A-7 re-skins.

Fact: When the New Zealand Government selected the A-4K Skyhawk for the RNZAF in the late 60’s/ early 70’s the A-7 Corsair II was on the Air Force’s short list along with the F-4 and F-111. A modernised version of the A-7 was again considered in the late 80’s as an alternative to upgrading the RNZAF Skyhawks.

You will need the stock Third Wire A-7D and A-7E_74 as well as the Mirage Factory A-7D_84 and A-7K_MF

Instillation: As usual simply drop into your mods folder and allow it to override when prompted, none of the aircraft files will be changed just the skins added.

Credits:

Third Wire and Team Mirage Factory

Enjoy,

Dan.
      Submitter dtmdragon Submitted 03/19/2014 Category What If Skins  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..