Super Mystere B2 cockpit

Version 1.3 posted, read the changelog.

I strongly suggest you keep the 1.2 version backed up in case you don't like certain aspects of changes introduced in 1.3 (specular effect you might find too excessive)

--------------------------------
Super Mystere B2 cockpit

To install unpack to your Super Mystere folder, overwrite when asked

have fun
Stary

• Like 8

FRignon there >might< be slight textual mismatches, errors or omissions (lack of dedicated alphabet!!!) so please forgive if I butchered your beautiful language

getting the 'double cockpit' issue, with the external model show.

so, I did this:

extract the data ini, and place it in the SMB2's folder...

add to the ]AircraftData[ section:

Component[010]=Hide1

[Hide1]
ParentComponentName=Fuselage
ModelNodeName=Canopy_front
ShowFromCockpit=FALSE
DamageRating=DISABLED
DetachWhenDestroyed=FALSE
HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

I tried the 'hide external node' statement in the cockpit ini 1st, but it didn't work!

outstanding cockpit, as usual Stary!! 5 stars!!
  • Like 1

hmmm I have had no issues Kevin,

we're talking stock TW SMB2 here right?

getting the 'double cockpit' issue, with the external model show.

so, I did this:

extract the data ini, and place it in the SMB2's folder...

add to the ]AircraftData[ section:

Component[010]=Hide1

[Hide1]
ParentComponentName=Fuselage
ModelNodeName=Canopy_front
ShowFromCockpit=FALSE
DamageRating=DISABLED
DetachWhenDestroyed=FALSE
HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

I tried the 'hide external node' statement in the cockpit ini 1st, but it didn't work!

outstanding cockpit, as usual Stary!! 5 stars!!

I had the same problem Wrench.

Mr. Stary i had the same problem with the stock TW's (including Sa'ar).

I also noticed that the stick needs an adjustment (right and left axis?).

Two screenshots to ilustrate:

http://imgur.com/a/07GGN

As always a wonderful job, textures give a feeling of something really coming from the past.

:bowdown2:

I have the same problem Wrench had, and Wrench's fix hasn't worked for me.

Great work Stary and hopefully it will reignite interest in Western Europe's first supersonic fighter to enter service.

What I did to fix it:

[Fuselage][Fuselage]
ModelNodeName=Fuselage_P
ShowFromCockpit=False (was TRUE)
HasAeroCoefficients=False  (was TRUE)

seems I had my own altered _data.ini but haven't included it (for compability/other mods sake)

normally I only say this to prostitutes but I have to say your cockpits are amazing. Your work on these are simply masterful. Thank you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

normally I only say this to prostitutes but I have to say your cockpits are amazing.

wait your ladies have cockpits?  :blink:  that's a new to me...

ahhhh-a cock pits, got me there Mattsquatch :lmao: 

• Like 1

FRignon there >might< be slight textual mismatches, errors or omissions (lack of dedicated alphabet!!!) so please forgive if I butchered your beautiful language

UtiliSation, instead of Utilitation

Anyway, great work !!!

• Like 1

leave the AeroCoefficents ALONE!!

those help determine how the aircraft fly... never touch them!!

• Like 1

yup Aerocoefficients are essential to FMs handling

@jeanba, thanks, I shall fix the typo

Great looking cockpit, thanks Stary.

The simplest way to fix that double-cockpit problem is to put the pilot view in the cockpit.INI file where the pilot is in the aircraft.

Open the SMB2_Cockpit.INI file and edit as follows:

[CockpitSeat001]
ModelName=SuperMystere_cockpit_new
Position=0.000,3.4,0.855    

The original cockpit.INI file had the viewpoint as 0.0, 2.0, 0.855, which puts you 1.4m back, with all kinds of obstructions to a clear view.

• Like 1

unbelievable

so many different ways of screwing things up, when the fastest and easiest fix has already been posted.

must remind myself to stop supplying help and fixes...

Hello Stary,

Chapeau! :hi:

Best regards,

Coupi

You're welcome. 

Sometimes the fastest and easiest fix gets overlooked, in the rush for more complicated things that don't work.

• Like 1

yup Aerocoefficients are essential to FMs handling

@jeanba, thanks, I shall fix the typo

I would have rated your cockpit 6 stars, but this mistake is unforgivable for a chauvinistic guy like me, so I gave only 5 stars

• Like 2

Amazing, as usual with your cockpits. However, do you have any idea to fix the "head out of the canopy" issue? I mean when you look up, the textured transparent TGA disappears.

Great looking cockpit, thanks Stary.

The simplest way to fix that double-cockpit problem is to put the pilot view in the cockpit.INI file where the pilot is in the aircraft.

Open the SMB2_Cockpit.INI file and edit as follows:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=SuperMystere_cockpit_new

Position=0.000,3.4,0.855    

The original cockpit.INI file had the viewpoint as 0.0, 2.0, 0.855, which puts you 1.4m back, with all kinds of obstructions to a clear view.

Thank you mr. Gatling20. Now it's perfect!

Amazing, as usual with your cockpits. However, do you have any idea to fix the "head out of the canopy" issue? I mean when you look up, the textured transparent TGA disappears.

it's inherent from the way camera (head view position) moves in cockpit around -to do so yeah I'll have to make the canopy glass a bit bigger -buged if you would- to prevent this

I'll have an updated version of the cockpit ready, with corrected some spelling and added side boards details

I think you can prevent the head through glass bug now by adjusting this line in your AIRCRAFTOBJECT.INI

[Views]

DefaultCockpit=A-4B_cockpit.ini

CockpitOffsetDist=0.07 -try making zero

also, modyfying viewlist entries for cockpit views

the line(s) are

OffsetDistance=0.06

0.06 is default I think

guys

mod updated to version 1.1 please redownload

-fixed "utilisation" typo,

-added side walls levers for flaps, pressurisation, release

-modified main canopy glass to reduce glass culling artifacts + new hopefully better smoothing

-modified HUD glass shape a bit (less stretched vertically)

-added airbrake light

-bigger reticule

-new cockpit position to match the outside model better

-modified airbrake indicator to fit gauge better

-maybe some other small adjustments I already forgot

• Like 2