Sign in to follow this  
Dornil

Few beginner's questions

Hi!

I recently decided to diversify my WWI simming experience and pay e visit to First Eagles. Hence no I need a piece of advice on couple of matters:

1) Which one should I pick up - FE1+Expansion or FE2?

2) What are the best mods to improve stock terrains and effects for either FE1 or FE2?

3) Are the FE1 mods compatible with FE2?

4) How do I get to downloads section of A-Team Skunkworks' website?

5) In the screenshots I saw some aircraft (like Hansa-Brandenburg D.I) which I couldn't find neither at combatace nor at a-team's. Is there any place I am missing?

Would really appreciated any help. 

I would go with FE2 it's everything FE1+expansion is and it runs more smoothly on more modern computers.As for stock the terrains I use Jan Tuma's plus a few of the newer ones for Italy and Russia. FE1 mods work in FE2 just fine with a few minor adjustments to the file structure and maybe moving a few files here and there.As for the A team site you have to send and email and apply. it sometimes takes a while and you have to remember that applying to the forums and the download section are separate.I'm pretty sure that the only places for FE mods are here and at the A team site.

here is HB D.I http://combatace.com/files/file/8627-hansabd1/

There is also a Phoenix built version too.

Edited by whiteknight06604
  • Like 4

I would also recommend FE2. With the great mods available at CombatAce you will have a very thorough WWI flight sim in no time, and there are lots of planes available for FE2 that neither OFF/WOFF nor ROF have, particularly for the early war period. The only thing we don't have yet is multiplayer but maybe it's possible to re-activate multiplayer in it (I noticed that some of the latent code in the game is for multiplayer, which was available in FE and FE Gold) - I hope to tinker with the multiplayer component once I finish tweaking another dozen or so flight models for the aircraft. In short, you can't go wrong with FE2 - very customizable and open-ended (sort of like a Linux version of a WWI flight-sim but in a very good way and done right).

Happy flying,

Von S

Edited by tzhitor
  • Like 1

I would also recommend FE2. With the great mods available at CombatAce you will have a very thorough WWI flight sim in no time, and there are lots of planes available for FE2 that neither OFF/WOFF nor ROF have, particularly for the early war period. The only thing we don't have yet is multiplayer but maybe it's possible to re-activate multiplayer in it (I noticed that some of the latent code in the game is for multiplayer, which was available in FE and FE Gold) - I hope to tinker with the multiplayer component once I finish tweaking another dozen or so flight models for the aircraft. In short, you can't go wrong with FE2 - very customizable and open-ended (sort of like a Linux version of a WWI flight-sim but in a very good way and done right).

Happy flying,

Von S

I think some have said SFP-2 wasn't meant to fly online I know SFP-1 will,, I've flown it a couple of times months ago over at hyperlobby well any who's I'm interested in a WW1 sim if it's available here,,and if you could point me in the right direction,,

Thank you very much for comprehensive answers! Will go with FE2 (since I'm not really interested in online) and send a request to Capun. Thanks again!

• Like 2