Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

Ok for those who requested it...Part 2

I finally got Part 2 of the radar tutorial finished and with MJs help and patience it's up.This one is mostly about the key commands... hope this helps.

Hi Dagger I'm interested but, where did you post it? Somehow I have the feeling I should know :?

sebastian pons

special artical sections, on the main page.

Thank you Dagger, found it.

MadJeff, I will visit from now on :oops:

And now That I know how to use radar, what do I do? I started a campain and the plane I get (I tried US, Navy etc...) doesn't have radar. It could be because of my FR, but I barely see the enemy, and when I do is too late because I've missed another one that is already on my 6.

Any advice?

sebastian pons

no your not mistaken, but it means you are TOO close

I get the big X on the screen no matter what range I lock up a target. I have locked them as far as 2.5 nm to as close as .5nm. Same results.I'll check further into this

The minimum range for the 7-D and 7-E Sparrows is more like 5 miles although you can still hit the target closer than that if it's a straight shot and the missle doesn't have to turn much.

Here is a picture showing the min and max range ticks. If the blip is between the ticks, you're good to go.

SF_radar_in_range.jpg

You can also use the RADAR to aquire targets for the AIM-9. You'll see min and max range range ticks change to accomodate the Sidewinder's targeting parameters. Also, if you select guns, the aiming reticle, or "pipper" will now use targeting information from the RADAR, assuming you can maintain RADAR lock at close range, on a maneuvering target.