Piecemeal

Recommended Nvidia GTX970 Graphics Settings For SF2 ?

Using anti aliasing =4 and branch 353 of mvidia drivers on a gtx970 on windows 10, I don't have these "jaggies", but I have unconsistent fps, decreasing from time to time from 60 to 15, mostly in cockpit view. That was not the case in windows 7. I'm still trying to find a cure. I can post the rest of my settings later.

Piecemeal, judging from the image, yo may want to bump up your anisotropic filtering setting up to at least 8x or so.

Thanks for the tip, Fubar. It's made quite a difference to the likes of trees and surface tiles.

Using anti aliasing =4 and branch 353 of mvidia drivers on a gtx970 on windows 10, I don't have these "jaggies", but I have unconsistent fps, decreasing from time to time from 60 to 15, mostly in cockpit view. That was not the case in windows 7. I'm still trying to find a cure. I can post the rest of my settings later.

After some conferring here and with the help of some members I've backtracked to the 353.62. Average framerates (even with high-res third party cockpits and aircraft) are in the region of 50-60 FPS.

Do you have mirrors and reflections On? Some terrains also give lower fps than others, like israel, or rend's germany. do you use custom shaders, and /or custom drawing distance?

I tried migbusters' advice about max prerendered frames, but i'm not sure it worked for me. I need more testing.

Edited by stuntman

Do you have mirrors and reflections On? Some terrains also give lower fps than others, like israel, or rend's germany. do you use custom shaders, and /or custom drawing distance?

I tried migbusters' advice about max prerendered frames, but i'm not sure it worked for me. I need more testing.

I've got my graphics settings on Unlimited. Really, it depends on what your system specs are. But if you want to view them in one go then I'd highly recommend a free and very simple tool called "Speccy" which in a few seconds will give you your complete computer specs straightaway:

https://www.piriform.com/speccy 

If you want to use it and compare it with others then check it with, for example, my own. You'll be able to view my specs in my signature below here. I made sure this time round that that I was going to spend as much as possible and buy the very best that I could afford.

I have a slower processor than you do, I have an i5 4590, at stock frequency (3.3ghz).

On the other hand, I also use 16gb of ram

Edited by stuntman

Hello

I stayed away from SF2 for a couple of years because of the whole Nvidia driver thing. Meanwhile I slowly got back to simming, mainly in DCS now, but I'm sort of missing the modability of SF2. I remember I wanted to create a fictional campaign for the Vietnam map with French aircraft. But then suddenly aircraft started literally to fall apart and terrains started to look like a Bermuda triangle B-movie.

I recently got me a new rig, Windows 10, 16GB with a GTX1050. Do the latest drivers still tear the game apart or has this issue been solved?

Sorry if this is an old issue... but I've been away for so long, I really have no idea what's been going on. But before I start going mad over reinstalling everything, I want to make sure that I have no nasty surprises ahead :-)

Cheers

try 2011 graphics driver or turn on force dx9 and install skyrim antifreeze patch 8