The YOOF of today, are not really that much different to the YOOF of yesteryear, just perceptions have changed, there is a marked lack of discipline, and behaviour in some cases, but that is down to the world we live in, and the rebelliousness of YOOF, but lacking moral fibre ? err no, tell that to the young lads and lasses who have been in front line service in Iraq, and Afganistan, compare them to comparably aged teenagers/young adults who went to war in 1914-18....and 1939-45 I would say there is little or no difference at all.  

Yes I agree kids seem to be more worldly wise ( or so they think ) at an earlier age, and some of them you want to beat senseless with a large paving stone, repeatedly, for long periods, until they wind their damn necks in......but that is because they are little gits, and not due to any LMF related impediments. So yes you old fogey farts...shut yer damn faces, and remember when you were a young Teddy Boy, or a Mod , givin' it large in blackpool !! Of course I never did such a thing, I wasn't allowed to be a kid, my parents didn't agree with such nonsense, and then I joined up when I was 16, so I never really had a kidulthood.

• Like 1

I agree totally with everything you just said :)

God bless him and his family no matter the uniform he wore. My hat is off to him and I raise a glass to his courage and service. 

За вас!

I'll remove my hat as well and will raise a glass with you Erik.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and comrades of Alexander Prokhorenko, a truly brave soul.

As for the youth of today and the comments regarding them - well - we all know that's nothing new.  As just one example here is a quote from Peter the Hermit from 1274: 

"The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress."

Edited by RAF_Louvert

Ol' Peter knew a thing or two.

That's a great quote!  Some things never change :bb: