Hello *,

my name is Ulrich and I'm new in this forum. Not new in flying on the PC but also new flying Strike Fighters 2.

After getting some experience in creating / modifying weapons and planes, I have big problems with new effects which will not be seen.

For example:

I have downloaded Unified Effects Pack v1.0.zip together with the update. I've copied the Effects-Folder and the Flight-Folder inside the ZIP into the Directory "C:\User\<UserName>\Saved Game\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2Europe\".

After running the weapon editor I tried a new Effect in the area "Effect Class Name" of the MK84 (e.g. instead of "VeryLargeBombEffects" the effect "VeryLargeExplosionEffect" (it is saved in the effects-folder as "VeryLargeExplosionEffect.ini")).

But nothing happens. There is no sound and no effect is seen. The bomb disappears when hitting the ground.

When I read other posts it seems that there is no problem using new effects.

Please can you tell me what I make wrong?

Thank you,
Ulrich

the effect you changed it to, of the OBJECT the weapon hits, NOT for the effect of the weapon's explosion. Change it back

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean.

I think I have changed the effect of the explosion because if I use the "Effect Class Name" of the original weapons of SF2, the explosions are always like they should. "VeryLargeBombEffects" are very large and "SmallBombEffects" are small.

But if I use effects which are saved in the effects folder I will get nothing. No sounds and no particles....

Unitl now I have no idea how to use an explosion which is stored in the effect folder... 

just do like as mentioned above. You're using the WRONG type of effects for the weapons explosions.

Like I said, change them back to what they were.

Haegar, the "EffectClassName=VeryLargeBombEffects" in the MK84_data.INI is not pointing to the Effects folder. It is referencing the MISSILEOBJECT.INI file. That is the file that controls which effect from the Effects folder is used by a given effect class.

I recommend that you download Mues Toolbox and use the "CATExtractor" the extract the "MISSILEOBJECT.INI" file from the "ObjectData001.cat" file and place it into your Objects folder. Then open it and take a look at how the effect classes are set up.

that XyZ Effect is what happens to the object (a building, a ship, a truck) that is HIT by the weapon. This is, in many cases, defined by the objects entry into a terrains _Types.ini.

the **EXPLOSION Effect is the weapon detonating. THAT effect gives the explosion, the shock wave, the debris clouds, etc.

they are set correctly. A Mk.84 is a 2000 pound bomb -- it IS a large bomb, and is, and has been for the last 14 years been using the correct explosion effect.

By changing the effects as has been done, you've, in essence, REMOVED all the explosive material from the bomb casing.

as I've said twice already, put it back to the way it was. If it works, don't fix it.

Thank you very much for your helps.

I will change the settings back to the original entries. But I'm on the way to understand how the weapons and their effects work (at the moment I have not understood completely).

Ulrich