macelena

Going Rogue

New trailer :

This one looks much better and I have more confidence in it

oh, yeah.....looking forward to THIS one!!!

Looking good!

What the... they have recruited Yip Man??  :rofl:

He finished fighting the vampires with Blade, so he was available, yeah.

I actually think this might be my personal favourite SW film. TFA was great but didn´t live up to the hype (I was relieved that it was not as bad as it could have been, actually) So if we are getting an Star Wars film wich is more of a war movie with elements from the "Commandos on a mission" era (like Guns of Navarone, Heroes of Telemark, Where Eagles Dare or Dirty Dozen) and the way of filming and portraying the action scenes of the "Gritty hyperrealistic" era (Saving Private Ryan, HBO series...btw, how is Masters of the Air going?) Rogue One is going to kick ass.

It looks and seems to play like a Cold War spy - thriller but set in the distant STAR WARS future.

During the Cold War both sides sent spies to try to find out each-other's weapons capabilities and to see how far their military technology had advanced, risking their lives in the process.......

Looks interesting, gonna see it and make my own mind up.........

This doesn't matter because Disney decided to ignore the expanded universe.

George Lucas had already decided to ignore not only the EU, but the old movies too, so no big deal.

On many occasions, the SW EU developed excellent ideas, concepts and scenarios, much above the poorly botched, unimaginative and cliché-rich scenario of "The Force awakens" - which should actually rather be renamed "The Force misses the alarm clock - and also fails to notice it has soiled the bed"... New Order of the Space Nazis, oh yeah, what a brainwave! When Disney plunders the EU, it's for the worst and only the worst. The design for villain Kylo Ren is clearly the same, exactly the same, used for Revan, legendary character in the RPGs "Knights of the Old Republic" + KOTOR 2 + SWTOR. Yet while Revan was a fascinating and ambivalent hero, a Man of Destiny, Kylo Ren has been made but a neurotic child and a pathetic low-bred imp just deserving a few couples of slaps. It's appalling, just appalling...

• Like 1

The Galactic Empire of Walt Disney seems to have ended George Lucas' policy of positive discrimination towards the aliens. What, in all of the SW products before, all of the teams of heroes systematically included one non-human: a Wookie in the good days, an Ewok or a Gungan at worst. Here, we have an all-humans suicide squad, except for one droid; and same remark for 'The Force awakens'. Aliens, stand up for your rights!

It seems according to poeple who already saw the movie that it is excellent !

Yeah really liked it..........few nice surprises in there!

Yeah really liked it..........few nice surprises in there!

I heard Jar-Jar kicked ass, is this true ?

• Like 1

I heard Jar-Jar kicked ass, is this true ?

No, the hero is the son of Jar-Jar and a female ewoks

Edit : oups, sorry, I spoilt !!

• Like 1

It seems according to poeple who already saw the movie that it is excellent !

Great movie!

Been waiting for this the whole year and 3 days before release i got a displaced collarbone. I've been trough parachute jumps wich crippled half my company and came out unscathed and i got screwed up during our christmas party. At least I'm better than the other "senior private-acting corporal"  in my squad who got a testicle almost to explode...without even remembering what he did. We left our poor Sarge alone with the newer guys...wich come to think about it, at least have more brains than we do.

Had to undergo surgery and i'm staying with my parents at home while recovering. They wont let me go to the theater just in case "What if Ana (my girlfriend, who drives so slow i could outrun her on foot) brakes too hard and the seatbelt takes the bone back out, or you get bumped in a crowd"

27, I'm freaking 27 and grounded

Tell them that "not letting someone go to see a Star Wars Movie" is a criminal offense !

Been waiting for this the whole year and 3 days before release i got a displaced collarbone. I've been trough parachute jumps wich crippled half my company and came out unscathed and i got screwed up during our christmas party. At least I'm better than the other "senior private-acting corporal"  in my squad who got a testicle almost to explode...without even remembering what he did. We left our poor Sarge alone with the newer guys...wich come to think about it, at least have more brains than we do.

Had to undergo surgery and i'm staying with my parents at home while recovering. They wont let me go to the theater just in case "What if Ana (my girlfriend, who drives so slow i could outrun her on foot) brakes too hard and the seatbelt takes the bone back out, or you get bumped in a crowd"

27, I'm freaking 27 and grounded

Hope you get better soon.....plenty of time to watch the film so no need to panic.

Thanks for the concern, anyways, I finally got my way...i just needed to wait until i was alone at home and call my girlfriend to rush me out. Back when i lived with my parents, if i called my girlfriend because i was alone at home it meant some completely different kind of leisure. Getting old backwards, like Benjamin Button.

It was as awesome as i expected and ended as i tought it had to, but i missed some epic scenes from the trailer wich didn't make it to the final cut. Loved the pacing. Perhaps the ship ramming scene at the end was the closest to being over the top but was cool as hell. A lot of effort was put into making it fit more naturally into a storyline almost 40 years old and it is appreciated.

Regarding how dark or gritty it may have gotten, i felt it perfectly fitting. Some films intend to be morally ambiguous or kind of like that for the relativistic, evil-sympathetic pedantic pretending to look cynical and nihilist smartasses, absolutely not main stream but on fashion hipsters of the world, but all of that was right on the film.

I would wait to get de-hyped to put any score on the film, or compare it with any other film from the franchise, but i liked it a lot

Saw it yesterday, the film ties in well with the original plot of the 1977 Star Wars movie, and even Princess Leia makes an appearance towards the end of the movie. Good stuff, glad to see that the Star Wars saga is being kept alive.

Happy New Year to all you guys here at CA.  :smile:  :smile:  :smile: 

• Like 1

I liked the movie. And, of course, it kicks once more the corpse of the already veeeery dead expanded universe. Only thing I really disliked is "someone" (you'll see who when you see the movie) is just too tall compared to his older (non GCI) self.