A-4M Skyhawk II - USMC - Complete Pack

A-4M Skyhawk II - US Marine Corpse for Thirdwire A-4 Skyhawks v1.02
==================================================================

*** SF2, SF2V, SF2I required (A-4F_74 model, KfirC1_77 cockpit and A-7E HUD-parts). Tested in full 5-merged installation only ***
*** DLC 005 A-4K required ***

In this mod included are 4 different versions of the plane with the following differences:
- A-4M (available 1971-1975): much like A-4F, larger canopy. HighVis markings.
- A-4M_75 (available 1975-1981): new nose, larger canopy, fintip fairing, new RHAW-system, HighVis markings.
- A-4M_79 (available 1979-1982): new nose, larger canopy, fintip fairing, new RHAW-system, ARBS, LGB capable,
early LowVis camouflage.
- A-4M_82 (available 1982-1994): new nose, larger canopy, fintip fairing, new RHAW-system, ARBS, LGB capable,
AGM-65 Maverick (1985+), later LowVis camouflage.

This mod is based on dtmdragons Skyhawk II pack, he unfortunately never released. I used it as base and starting
point, but rearranged it a bit, to incorporate new pylons and better reflect updates and the different
camouflages used during the years.
Included are the following Squadrons:
- VMA-131 Diamondbacks (M_82)
- VMA-142 Flying Gators (M_82)
- VMA-211 Wake Island Avengers (M_75, M_79, M_82)
- VMA-214 Black Sheep (M, M_75, M_79, 2x M_82)
- VMA-223 Bulldogs (M_75, M_82)
- VMA-311 Tomcats (M, M_75, M_82)
- VMA-322 Fighting Gamecocks (M_82)
- VMA-324 Devildogs (M)
- VMA-331 BumbleBees (M, M_75, M_82)

My thank goes to Dan (dtmdragon) for the Skyhawk II-Pack!

Valuable Information came from 331Killerbee, who worked on the real planes and Muesli - Thanks you guys!

A special thanks goes to RussoUK2004, who was patient enough to help me bring the new Blender-made Pylons to SF2!
Thanks m8, I really appreciate your help!

v1.02
- corrected Hitboxes on all 4 planes, as they were shifted forward for unknown reasons
- corrected some lines on A-4K_Body SpecMap and BumpMap
- corrected the wrong position of the included sounds-folder
- included an alternate PilotModel (provided by FanaticModder, made by ????)
- included some new sounds (provided by FanaticModder, made by ????)
- included a new 400gal droptank usable on centerline (Thanks cocas for helping with the conversion!)
- updated loadout.inis to include the new tank

v1.01
- fixed a spelling error in the hangar-screens
- changed VMA-331 (1980) CAG decal from "1st Marine Air Wing" to "2nd Marine Air Wing". The former decal is just renamed for easy switching.

>>> You can use the Update if you already have v1.01 to just get the changed files! <<<

Notes:
- new pylons with different missile rails
- new ARBS-nose
- skins in 4096x4096
- stand-in Kfir-cockpit modified and repainted (no real cockpit available)
- 400gal Centerline Tank
- corrected Bump- and SpecularMaps for the M (based on DLC A-4K which has them activated) -
experimental and can for sure be optimized

Installation:
1. unzip to a temporary folder
2. open "Put_Content_In_Your_Mod folder" and do as you were told, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes' :P
3. enjoy!

If some squadrons are missing in the loadout screen, you should add the following lines in the squadronlist.ini
("<mod>\pilotdata"-folder) with XXX changed to the next free number for the missing squadrons:

[squadronXXX]
Name=VMA142 <-- needed for this mod: VMA131, VMA142, VMA211, VMA214, VMA223, VMA311, VMA322, VMA324 and VMA331
DisplayName=VMA-142 'Flying Gators' <-- the actual display text. Names for all squadrons are in "The Mod" section
Nation=USMC <-- USMC for all squadrons

Credits:
- Thirdwire and TK for a great game, models and the cockpit-parts I used.
- dtmdragon - original Skyhawk II pack, ini-work, ARBS-configuration
- Alejandro - A-4M/N canopy/nose mods, Escapac-seat
- FastCargo - Fakepilot
- ravenclaw_007 - all weapon-models included
- RussoUK2004 - conversion of all Pylon-models, improvements
- cocas - conversion of the 400gal tank model
- FanaticModder - provided the sounds, made by ????
- OldDiego/XRAY (not sure) - av8pilot, USMCNM2-pilot
- ???? - F-16B_PavePenny-model
- ???? - J52-Engine-Sound
- me - ini-work, Pylon- and Tankmodels (Blender), paintwork, hangar/loadingscreens, modified cockpit

Please PM me, if I forgot you or you know one of the unknown heroes!

- mue for his great LODViewer, which was a big help while creating the camos and placing stuff!
- Crusader several threads as inspiration for the cockpit-mod and how to setup and change things. Those were valuable information. Thanks!
- RussoUK2004 creation of BumpMaps tutorial from the forums

P.S.
If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.
This pack is freeware and the parts I am responsible for, may not be used for payware of any kind.
If you want to use anything, just do so, but give credits. Thanks

10_06_2016

• Like 4

Well done dude, I was glad to help! If you need anything for a new mod, I'll hear from you!

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I hope you have fun with them. :)

Unfortunately there's a spelling error in the Hangar-Screens. I'm uploading an update and the whole pack at the moment. Sorry for that!

I wonder if TK's seen a spike in sales for the A-4K DLC?

I picked it up last night, along with the F-8E (FN) and Mirage 3EL.

• Like 1

yeah, I'm going to have to pickup the A-4K myself -- and I HATE rebuilding all my mods folders after adding a DLC!!!

yeah, I'm going to have to pickup the A-4K myself -- and I HATE rebuilding all my mods folders after adding a DLC!!!

I always rename existing important folders (like objects/aircrafts/weapons etc.) by adding one letter -(aircraft2 / weapons2 etc) .. then creating new empty folders Objects, aircrafts, weapons. Game will overwrite empty folders. ANd then im deleting overwriten folders and rename my mods folders to proper names.

yup! indeed! the 2 important files, after patching or dlc installtion, are the options ini and versions ini.

but the ww2 mod folders (all 3) will automatically (re)generate all the modern stuff, and will need deletion. again!  :blink:

not a big deal, just annoying and time consumig

For some reason, i am missing the pylons. Do you have any idea?

Did you copy everything from the "Put_Content_In_Your_Mod_Folder" into your mod folder? If so, can you have a look in your weaponsfolder (<mod>\objects\weapons) if there are any A-4_InnerPylon etc. folders?

I got it, I modified the ServiceStartYear of A-4M_79 to 1978 in order to match the original one from the SF-2NA expansion pack mod, but didn't modify the date of the pylons accordingly. My bad.

Thank you for this great mod!

I have just updated to v1.02 (whole package + update-only)...small fixes here and there, together with some new bits. Have Fun!

- corrected Hitboxes on all 4 planes, as they were shifted forward for unknown reasons
- corrected some lines on A-4K_Body SpecMap and BumpMap
- corrected the wrong position of the included sounds-folder
- included an alternate PilotModel (provided by FanaticModder, made by ????)
- included some new sounds (provided by FanaticModder, made by ????)
- included a new 400gal droptank usable on centerline (Thanks cocas for helping with the conversion!)
- updated loadout.inis to include the new tank

• Like 1

Anyone knows why the cockpit frames/glass and pylons turn invisible when you zoom out of external view just a litlle bit already?

Hey,

as the pylons, aswell as the canopy are fakepilot objects, I guess you have to set the "Distance=" statement in each .ini to a higher value. At the moment Pylons are at 1000 and canopy at 8000.