Hi everybody!

I am at a loss. Last week, my PC was able to play Strike Fighters 2 easily at 60-120 FPS. I even made a mission comprising up to 50 aircraft at one time and the lowest FPS I got was in the 50's. Now I boot up the game and I'm at 10-30 FPS!!!

I'm on Windows 10 and it was recently updated. I thought this was cause but I saw no FPS drop or performance problems on my other games.

Anybody have any advice? I am really frustrated and just wanna get flying again.

My Rig

Windows 10

Core i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz

4 GB RAM DDR3

GTX 760

Seagate 500 GB Harddrive

Asus Motherboard

Thanks for taking the time!

Have you updated your graphics card software recently? Some updates seem to be reducing SF2 performance rather than improving it.

If so you'd probably be better off using the older driver if possible.

Actually I was having issues with drivers since last year, my most recent update got me good performance, I haven't updated my graphics card since.

I had similar issues and I too use a Nvidia card. Did you upgrade your Windows 10 or did you do a clean install? This apparently can cause issues.

Which win10 update have you done? Is it build 10586?

I used to have inconsistent framerate with win10 using a gtx970, but it seems the latest nvidia drivers fixed it for me

When was the last time you dusted out the PC?.....any clogged up fans on the card?

• Like 3

delete saved missions and options ini 

restart your simulator and see result and tell me if this trick fix 

1 hour ago, PJB said:

delete saved missions and options ini 

restart your simulator and see result and tell me if this trick fix 

If the already given tips didn't work 6 years ago, then I guess the guy has stopped trying to fix them in the years between then and now. :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1