Sign in to follow this  
Spectre8750

A.I. not landing on non stock terrain

Hey all

I'm having problems with the A.I. for the A-10's by Mike and myself and I can't get them to land on Custom Terrains, only Stock terrains. They just decide to at the last second

to fly on and up into the wild blue yonder. Would anyone possibly know this issue and be able to help out? Thanks much!

Spectre8750

may or may not help but did a lot landing tests, and if AI pulls up in the last second it's usually too high value given at LandingSpeed=

dunno why the same aircraft does it differently depending on terrain tho

It's a problem I've never seen before, or even heard of!!!

are the proper airfield inis residing within these terrains?? Which terrains are these, by chance?

Iran'03

Libya

PersianGulf

Taiwan

Korea

UnitedStatesMidAtlantic

Iran'03 ini list:

AAIRFIELD_HOPSTEN.INI
AF1AAAGUN_SINGLE.INI
AF31BLDGA_LG.INI
AF32BLDGB_LG.INI
AF33BLDGC_LG.INI
AF45RADIOANT.INI
AF46RADIOANTBLDG.INI
AF51CRANE_SM.INI
AF52FACTBLDGA_SM.INI
AF53FACTBLDGB_SM.INI
AF54FACTBLDGC_SM.INI
AF5BARACKB.INI
AF62TENT_LG.INI
AF63TENTROUND.INI
AF68WHARF.INI
AIRFIELD_AHLHORN.INI
AIRFIELD_BšCHEL.INI
AIRFIELD_DREWITZ.INI
AIRFIELD_HOLZDORF.INI
AIRFIELD_HOPSTEN.INI
AIRFIELD_HUALIN.INI
AIRFIELD_MARXWALDE.INI
AIRFIELD_PFERDSFELD.INI
AIRFIELD_PRESCHEN.INI
AIRFIELD_TROLLENHAGEN.INI
AIRFIELD_ZERBST.INI
AIRFIELD3.INI
AIRFIELD6.INI
AIRTOWER.INI
AIRTOWER02.INI
AMFLAG.INI
ANTENNE.INI
ASR.INI
ASR_DATA.INI
B__DUEL_Y_TRAC.INI
B_TRAILERLGB.INI
B_TRAILERMK82.INI
B_TRAILERMK82_DUEL.INI
BENZINTANK.INI
BENZINTANK_KLEIN.INI
BERLIN_TV_TOWER.INI
BHFLAG.INI
BRIDGE01.INI
C_TYPE.INI
C_TYPE_A.INI
CARGOSHIP_DAMAGED.INI
CARGOSHIP_DESTROYED.INI
CARRIER_STILL.INI
CASIGN1.INI
CASIGN2.INI
CASIGN3.INI
CASIGN4.INI
CASIGN5.INI
CASIGN6.INI
CITYLIST.INI
CONBLDG.INI
CRANE2.INI
CRANE3.INI
D_HAS.INI
DESERT_AIRFIELD1.INI
DESERT_AIRFIELD2.INI
DESERT_AIRFIELD3.INI
DESERT_AIRFIELD4.INI
DESERT_AIRFIELD5.INI
DESERT_AIRFIELD6.INI
FABRIK1.INI
FABRIK2.INI
FABRIK3.INI
FABRIK5.INI
FABRIK6.INI
FAUN6X4.INI
FAUN6X4_01.INI
FENCE.INI
FLACHDACH.INI
FLOODLIGHT12M.INI
FOREST.INI
FOSIGN1.INI
FUELTANK3.INI
FUNKTURM.INI
GSR.INI
GSR_DATA.INI
GWFLAG.INI
HALLE_GROSS.INI
HALLE_LICHT.INI
HALLE1.INI
HALLE2.INI
HALLE3_CLOSE.INI
HALLE3_OPEN.INI
HALLE4.INI
HALLE5.INI
HANGAR_CLOSED.INI
HANGAR_OPEN.INI
HANGAR1.INI
HANGAR2.INI
HANGAR3.INI
HAS_E.INI
HAS_EC.INI
HAS_M.INI
HAS_MTC.INI
HELICOPTER.INI
HELILAND.INI
HOTDOG_STAND.INI
HQ01.INI
HUEY.INI
IQFLAG.INI
IR_BRIEFING.INI
IR_CITIES.INI
IR_DATA.INI
IR_DOGFIGHT.INI
IR_ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM.INI
IR_MOVEMENT.INI
IR_NATIONS.INI
IR_TARGETS.INI
IR_TYPES.INI
IRAN'03.INI
IRCOMPOUND1.INI
IRFLAG.INI
J_16OPENSILOS.INI
J_16SILOS.INI
J_3SILOS.INI
J_4SILOS.INI
J_4TALLSILOS.INI
J_FACTORY1.INI
J_FACTORY2.INI
J_FACTORY2_NOSTACK.INI
J_FACTORY2_SILO.INI
J_FACTORYBUILDING1.INI
JETTY.INI
M_TRAILER.INI
MT_SHED.INI
OILRIG.INI
OILRIG_DATA.INI
ORI-IR_DATA.INI
PARKED_C-130E.INI
PARKED_CH-47EA.INI
PARKED_SH-3A.INI
PARKED_SH-3B.INI
PIT1.INI
PITC.INI
PT_Y.INI
QTFLAG.INI
RADARDOME.INI
RADARDOME_DATA.INI
RADBAD4U.INI
RADIO_TWR.INI
RAFFLAG.INI
RED_AIRFIELD5.INI
RIG LIGHT CO-ORDS.INI
ROADSIGC.INI
SAMSITE01.INI
SATANTENNE.INI
SCHUESSEL.INI
SDFLAG.INI
SH3A.INI
SH3B.INI
SOV_HAS.INI
SOV_HASD.INI
STR_HAN1.INI
STR_HAN2.INI
STR_HAN3.INI
STR_HAN4.INI
STR_HAN5.INI
STR_HAN6.INI
STR_HAN7.INI
STR_HAN8.INI
SUNSHELTER170M.INI
TAB_VEE.INI
TAB_VEE_CLOSED.INI
TANKER_DAMAGED.INI
TANKER_DESTROYED.INI
TOWERH1.INI
TREE.INI
TRUCK_REPAIR.INI
UKFLAG.INI
VBRIDGE1.INI
VBRIDGE1_END.INI
VBRIDGE2.INI
VBRIDGE2_END.INI
VBRIDGE3.INI
VBRIDGE3_END.INI
VEHICLEBUNKER.INI
VEHICLESERVICEPORT.INI
VINDUSTRIAL1.INI
VINDUSTRIAL2.INI
VINDUSTRIAL3.INI
VINDUSTRIAL4.INI
VTOWER1.INI
WARBIRD1.INI
Y_TRACTOR.INI

A-10A_76

[FlightControl]
StallSpeed=61.69
CruiseSpeed=154.33
ClimbSpeed=180.0
CornerSpeed=158.20
LandingSpeed=58.28
MaxG=8.0
MaxSpeedSL=201.17
MachLimit=0.56
PitchDamper=0.6
RollDamper=0.4
YawDamper=0.0
SideslipDamper=0.9
StabilityAugmentation=1.0
GunBoresightAngle=0.0
RocketBoresightAngle=-0.9
FlapSettingForLanding=2
FlapSettingForTakeOff=1

Edited by Spectre8750

Well I dropped the M/s down by 10 and they landed. Never had to drop it below the Stall speed that much. I guess that's normal?

Edited by Spectre8750

Spectre: good sorted then but also, stock A-10A_data landingspeed=49.65 and A-10A_78 landingspeed=49.68. and other values in [flightcontrol] section differ from stock including stallspd, I reckon might be worth fixing if ur A-10A_76 doesn't have a brand new 3rd party FM.

Edited by Do335
  • Like 1

Well I was going for more realistic settings. Seems to be ok with the Landing speed -10 M/s from stall. Just seems to be kinda far below the stall speed. I see what you're saying about the other settings.

Edited by Spectre8750

I had the opposite problem, my wingman were crashing on landing. After watching them do that for awhile, I realized they were stalling. So I doubled the landing speed and they would just circle the base or fly away. You can't just plug in real world numbers and have the AIs process it. There is a fudge factor to make the AIs work right.

Edited by viper63a
  • Like 1

I know Viper, been doing this a long time, I will need to adjust more the just the FlightControl. Thanks guys.

I know you have...LOL, It's new to me...the funny thing was I was having the issue yesterday and this topic popped up to the front today....

LOL...funny how this works...

Just trying to chime in with the big boys...just pat me on the head and say "Thanks kid.." and I will move along to bug some other veteran...heh heh heh

Thanks for all your work

V

Edited by viper63a
  • Like 1

Naw, I wouldn't do you that way. I always appreciate all input. I just wish I could get my hands on a how to or a Calculator for doing the FlightData, or some more realistic figures for the A-10. But I think it's close enough.
Thanks to all you guys for helping me out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ryder7

View File Rudimentary VASI for WOV
      Rudimentary "Visual Approach Slope Indicator" mod by Ryder7 for WoV sfp1. beta version.
      This mod adds a somewhat "VASI" light system to all WOV runways.
      I wish I could rotate the lights verticaly so I might have been able to duplicate a proper VASI and/or PAPI light systems, meaning that some lights would only show up above glide slope whereas others would only show up below glide slope,  but since I could only rotate lights horizontally, I had to try something less realistic, but somewhat working and very simple in fact:
      In my system, you have two sets of lights, yellow ones are close to your estimated landing point, whereas red ones are located 400 meters before and 20.96 metres higher, so they look perfectly on line when you look at them from a 3 degres slope angle... Well, if my trigonometry is not wrong, school was a long time ago I'm affraid.
      /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
      Plane
               * Red light
                                  o Yellow light
      Runway              _____________________________________________
      /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
      If above glide slope, you 'll see yellow lights above red ones:    °°    °°
                                                                                                                   **     **
      If below glide slope, you 'll see yellow lights below red ones:   **     **
                                                                                                                    °°   °°
      If ON a 3degres glide slope, you 'll see the lights on line :      **° °**
      Additionally, I put two sets of each lights, one left, one right on both runway headings, which provides you both alignment and glide slope visuals for low visibility situations, making it some sort of rudimentary not super accurate but better than nothing alternative for no ILS system in those games.
      //
      Limitations:
      -On night landing, those lights may look blurry and somewhat mixed with already existing runway lights at certain distances.
      -The closer you come to the runway, the less accurate this system becomes so you'll have to rely on your training for those last feet/meters before touchdown. This actually looks a bit like a real ILS antenna thing BTW.
      -On some cockpits and/or some aircrafts it may be difficult to see the lights while maintaining proper AOA/attitude/descent rate. (internal views only)
      -Also, depending on your display settigns, you may want to zoom the cockpit POV at its max level (F3 or F4 keys) in order to see those lights, but this makes it more difficult to watch your instruments in the same time.
      Well, this is not perfect, but I hope you'll give this mod a try and have as much fun landing with it than I got from making and testing it. I wish again it was possible to rotate vertically those runway lights, and also I wasn't able to add light to the carrier, it would have been fun to add some sort of "meatball-OLS" for carrier ops. Hopefully, more talented modders than I may come with solutions.
      Personal notes and thanks:
      This was my first mod ever published for those games whereas i spent so much time playing and messing with mods years ago. I moved for Falcon BMS that is incredible, but having less spare time for flight sims and homepits, I found back my WOV copy for quick and dirty gameplay with the cheapest joystick, and found myself having just as much fun with it as I did before. I just love those Thirdwire early jets and cold war era atmosphere, and one can learn basics, or come back to these games and try to play with more "realistic" procedures. Well, thanks to thirdwire, CombatAce, and the whole community for years of fun, hope my humble contribution will add to the pack.
      Cheers,
      Ryder7 from France.
      P.S.: Feel free to upgrade this mod at will, just give credits and no commercial use please. :)
      Edit: Forgot to add proper installation instructions:
      1.backup your Airfields.ini.
      2.Drop the content of the zip onto your  ...Wings Over Vietnam/    game directory.
      3. That's it. To uninstall, just remove those files and you'll be back with vanilla packed .inis, or replace with your backup ones if already modded.

Submitter Ryder7 Submitted 08/11/2022 Category Ini Edits  
    • By Ryder7
      Rudimentary "Visual Approach Slope Indicator" mod by Ryder7 for WoV sfp1. beta version.
      This mod adds a somewhat "VASI" light system to all WOV runways.
      I wish I could rotate the lights verticaly so I might have been able to duplicate a proper VASI and/or PAPI light systems, meaning that some lights would only show up above glide slope whereas others would only show up below glide slope,  but since I could only rotate lights horizontally, I had to try something less realistic, but somewhat working and very simple in fact:
      In my system, you have two sets of lights, yellow ones are close to your estimated landing point, whereas red ones are located 400 meters before and 20.96 metres higher, so they look perfectly on line when you look at them from a 3 degres slope angle... Well, if my trigonometry is not wrong, school was a long time ago I'm affraid.
      Plane
               * Red light
                                  o Yellow light
      Runway              _____________________________________________
      If above glide slope, you 'll see yellow lights above red ones:    °°    °°
                                                                                                                   **     **
      If below glide slope, you 'll see yellow lights below red ones:   **     **
                                                                                                                    °°   °°
      If ON a 3degres glide slope, you 'll see the lights on line :      **° °**
      Additionally, I put two sets of each lights, one left, one right on both runway headings, which provides you both alignment and glide slope visuals for low visibility situations, making it some sort of rudimentary not super accurate but better than nothing alternative for no ILS system in those games.
      //
      Limitations:
      -On night landing, those lights may look blurry and somewhat mixed with already existing runway lights at certain distances.
      -The closer you come to the runway, the less accurate this system becomes so you'll have to rely on your training for those last feet/meters before touchdown. This actually looks a bit like a real ILS antenna thing BTW.
      -On some cockpits and/or some aircrafts it may be difficult to see the lights while maintaining proper AOA/attitude/descent rate. (internal views only)
      -Also, depending on your display settigns, you may want to zoom the cockpit POV at its max level (F3 or F4 keys) in order to see those lights, but this makes it more difficult to watch your instruments in the same time.
      Well, this is not perfect, but I hope you'll give this mod a try and have as much fun landing with it than I got from making and testing it. I wish again it was possible to rotate vertically those runway lights, and also I wasn't able to add light to the carrier, it would have been fun to add some sort of "meatball-OLS" for carrier ops. Hopefully, more talented modders than I may come with solutions.
      Personal notes and thanks:
      This was my first mod ever published for those games whereas i spent so much time playing and messing with mods years ago. I moved for Falcon BMS that is incredible, but having less spare time for flight sims and homepits, I found back my WOV copy for quick and dirty gameplay with the cheapest joystick, and found myself having just as much fun with it as I did before. I just love those Thirdwire early jets and cold war era atmosphere, and one can learn basics, or come back to these games and try to play with more "realistic" procedures. Well, thanks to thirdwire, CombatAce, and the whole community for years of fun, hope my humble contribution will add to the pack.
      Cheers,
      Ryder7 from France.
      P.S.: Feel free to upgrade this mod at will, just give credits and no commercial use please. :)
      Edit: Forgot to add proper installation instructions:
      1.backup your Airfields.ini.
      2.Drop the content of the zip onto your  ...Wings Over Vietnam/    game directory.
      3. That's it. To uninstall, just remove those files and you'll be back with vanilla packed .inis, or replace with your backup ones if already modded.

• By mveiga76
      Return to the base whit my numeral

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..