Ice Man

303CAL_LEWIS_MS

Someone have the 303CAL_LEWIS_MS data file?Thank you!

Greetings,

Teo

Just make your own one matey, copy any other gun data file and adjust the content to reflect the 7.7 calibre, adjust the ROF, and muzzle vel, and drop in which ever sound file you are using for the Lewis , that's how I made my Vickers Swartzloze and Lewis guns for the WWI aircraft I posted for SF2

Maybe it would be easier to use one of the other Lewis guns instead. I looked through all my Gun Data files and did not find a 303Cal_Lewis_MS.

Looks like the original data files are mistaken?  The .303 (7.7mm) cartridge was the standard British rifle round, fired by most any rifle or machine gun built to British contracts.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.303_British

Towards the bottom is a link to the Lewis gun.  Lewis guns built to US contracts used the American .30-06 cartridge.  The French used several rifle caliber cartridges so I don't know what French manufactured Lewis guns fired.

post-39531-0-22062400-1461465372_thumb.jpg

Think the French used the same .303 the British did