WTRAdmin

Collaboration on Fuel Consumption

Decided to post here rather than in the WTR Forum since hoping this might be a good collaboration opportunity.

We are trying to better understand the current logic of fuel consumption and potential for air-to-air refueling (although a long shot).

So first question, in debug mode does the "Fuel Weight" variable as displayed actually represent the remaining fuel?  

There must be a logic check given against a certain memory register, especially because there is a trigger that signals the Bingo Fuel call (I think we narrowed that down to 2.2 if I recall).

So therefore, theoretically it could be something like:  If FuelWeight<=2.2 then...messagesystem Bingo Fuel.

Does anyone have any more insight or info to share on this?  Would under the Gen2 series, would we still need a 2nd "fake" engine to reverse fuel flow?

What about creating, just for test purposes, an engine that only runs in reverse so to speak?  If we were to collaborate on that, then we could assess from the debug what values are changing.  After that of course, I would think someone on our team could dig deeper through the memory registers but I realized we don't have all the base knowledge to start.  Interestingly enough we were able to make the fuel gauge "go up" but realized that was just the draw call on how to paint the needle.  So the hunt continues...

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5772&p=35409&hilit=BINGO#p35409

I think in the game, they call bingo fuel when their fuel gets below 30% of their internal fuel tank capacity.

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8311&p=51570&hilit=BINGO#p51570

As for Bingo fuel, your wingmen will call out Bingo when they're at 1/3 the starting fuel.

which one is more precise can be easily tested

Edited by Do335

I think you will find that TK eliminated the ability to run an engine with negative fuel consumption, which allowed "refueling". YAP's 05 was absolutely livid about SFP1/WoX's final patches with the release of WoI that "broke" bugs that YAP was exploiting to enhance its missions. From TK's perspective, the ability to have a negative fuel consumption was an oversight that was finally corrected. From 05's point of view, TK was intentionally breaking his 3rd party addons. It is simple to test, use a negative fuel rate on a stock aircraft and see what happens to the fuel weight.