Sign in to follow this  
ironroad

Really Getting Kicked in the Ass

For a few days my father has been in the hospital after losing consciousness at home.

He is a tough old street kid, having done over 20 years in law enforcement and prior to that an air force enlistment.

He has seen a lot of stuff from drugs, shootouts, citywide riots, to the time he was sitting on a remote mountaintop waiting for the Soviets to come steamrolling through (thankfully the Cold War stayed cold in his sector).

I have done this dance before with other relatives, but these trips back and fourth are really starting to wear on me.

I hope your father gets well soon may gods prayers be with you and ur family as well as your father

my prayers, too. 

I'm gong through this right now myself with the wife (she had a heart attack Saturday). The hospital she's in, from our apartment in W.LA to Los Alamitos in 70+ mile round trip. 

In the world famous LA traffic.

We'll all get through this together

hoping for a speedy recovery to your father..

also to your wife Wrench!

Lost both my parents about 15 years ago within months of each other, so I know the pain and anguish of all that, so my best wishes to your Dad, may he get better soon, keep your chin up mate.

Oh Bloody 'ell Kev, so sorry to hear that mate, hope your good Lady gets well soon buddy.

Positive thoughts and prayers for both, and because it never hurts, best of luck!

Hope your father recovers soon Ironroad.

Edited by MigBuster

Unfortunately for most of us including me, this is something which we just have to endure. As our relatives get older we find that they fall into ill health and infirmity and we are required to tend to them in their time of need. Speaking for myself, my father died several years ago and my mum is still living but has now had to go into a care home for the elderly as she is no longer able to look after herself. I visit here regularly but each time I go I can see that there is little hope of her ever coming out of that care home, and I will never again see her in full health and lively and kicking. It is so sad but it is a fact of life, we all get older and we all have to put up with what comes with old age.  I wish your father all the best ironroad and hopefully a speedy recovery.

RUSTYMORLEY

Thanks for all the replies. Wrench I wish you and your family the best as well.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hope the best man, this kind of shit gets to everyone 

our prayers are with you all