Sign in to follow this  
Haegar

HUD Display: Remove Bottom Center Info and change Font Size of eg. Waypoint Distance

Hello *,

I'm trying to modify the HUDData.INI to my wishes.

I made to remove the cones, the top right radar (thanks to KJakker) and the info in the bottom left corner.

I'd also like to remove the info in the bottom center (e.g. switching weapons) but I have not found this in the HUDDATA.INI. Is it possible to remove this info and if so, please can you tell me how?

Thank you,

Ulrich

Edited by Haegar

I moved this topic OUT of the Knowledge Base..

Do NOT post questions in the KB. Post them in the regular forums.

----------------------------

while I don't remember exactly which lines to edit, they answer IS posted someplace in the KB. You'll have to search for it

From what I remember reading, it's hard-wired and can't be done.

Might have read that on the third wire forum.

It's not in the HUDDATA.ini, like the other stuff is.

@Wrench: Sorry for posting my question in the wrong forum. I'm new at combat ace and I did not know that I should not ask in those boards.

Before asking I've tried to find a solution by searching the forums but I have not found an answer. While looking in the same container where the HUDDATA.INI is stored there is a little file called "MessageSystem.ini". Setting the amount of messages from eight to zero and changing the coordinates of the background box outside the screen (e.g 2.05 instead of 0.05), the infos in the bottom center will not be shown anymore.

My cockpit of the F-16 is getting close to what I wanted. No text while switching weapons, no radar in the top right corner and no info at the bottom left. Also no cones and the target or waypont retangles / diamonds are green (normal green and dark green) and also smaller.

Thank you all for your help in earlier posts I have found to do so.

Ulrich

Edited by Haegar

And they said it couldn't be done!

That's brilliant, Haegar. Guess that SHOULD be put in the knowledge base now.

It's certainly going in my knowledge base.

I'm glad that I, and the people who said it couldn't be done, now have egg on our faces.

It's  the FLIGHT folder.

I didn't have the MESSAGESYSTEM.ini in my FLIGHT FOLDER, but I used the cat extractor to fetch it from the FLIGHT cat.

I didn't want to jump in with both feet, so I took it in stages.

I reduced the MAXMESSAGES from 8 to 0.

When I got in the aircraft, and instigated the first message by pulling the A-G switch, the game froze.

I have to assume that you have to do both the MAXMESSAGE bit and the changing the co-ordinates off screen bit, to avoid this problem.

By being methodical, I created a freeze error.

However, this error led me to a new discovery which is perfect for me.

I changed the MAXMESSAGE number to 1

And I changed the TOPLEFT figures to 0.22,0.965

BOTTOMRIGHT 0.500,0.985

Now I have a single strip at the bottom of the screen, which shows one message only, rather than my last 8 messages all gradually fading away.

The benefit of this is great when flying the B-1B, because it confirms for me when I have opened the bomb bay doors.

It confirms which Bombs have been chosen: there are three bays and I need to know whether I've chosen MK-84s or MK-82SEs

So, thanks for your discovery, Haegar, because it's certainly improved things for me.