Hello *,

because I only want to fly the F-16, I did some changes to the F-16C 52 (Viper) so it does match my wishes. Now the plane can start and land on a carrier and also can carry weapons which normally are not possible. I have also added some great mods (a working harpoon which will hit the ship and not only fly around it).

My problem is now  that on the right panel some weapons are not shown. On the screenshot I have loaded two "AGM-84 Harpoon" but they are not named.

I have seen that the weapons name are embedded in the textures of the aircrafts.

Are there instructions available on how to add the names of the weapons to the cockpits panel?

Or maybe how to modify an existing texture so that the weapons are visible on the panel?

For Example: On the texture of the F-16 there are weapon names like GBU22, GBU38, GBU49, AGM136 and so on which I do not need. I'd like to modify the texture so that e.g. "GBU38" will be renamed to "AGM84". Of course this is easy. But how do I rename the weapon itself (xxx_data.ini I think) so that the aircraft will recognize and name it on the panel?

Thank you for hints,

Ulrich

CombatAce_noWeapon.jpg

Edited by Haegar

Have a look at the very bottom of the cockpit.ini file

i made the cockpits based on the weapons we had on the time , to add new weapons may be possible but to let them show in the cockpit is an other problem

you have to edit the cockpit.ini file , on the bottom of this file you will find the WeaponTypeID list

//--------- WeaponTypeID-----------

[WeaponTypeID]
GUN=50
AIM-7A=1

to add thew AGM-84 go to the bottom of that list and add  AGM-84=38 

now you have to edit the F-16C_Lights.tga texture , replace the GBU-22 (for example ) with AGM-84 and save the tga ( you have to save it as 32bit tga )

now you have to edit the GBU-22 light entry in the cockpit.ini file

[MFD_GBU22]
Type=WEAPON_TYPE_ID
NodeName=MFD_GBU22
MovementType=LIGHT
Set[01].Position=0.0
Set[01].Value=25.5______________ change to 37.5
Set[02].Position=1.0
Set[02].Value=26.0______________ change to 38.0
Set[03].Position=0.0
Set[03].Value=26.5______________ change to 38.5

now the AGM-84 should apear when selected

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Thank you very much for your help.

I managed to add all the weapons I wanted by doing this:

I have renamed some weapons on the F-16C_Lights.tga (e.g. "GBU38 to" "AGM-84F") and saved the TGA again. In the cockpit.ini I changed "GBU-38=32" to "AGM-84F=32" and that was all (... because the Type of the weapon data is "AGM-84F"). It worked fine with all the stuff.

Of course I have removed some weapon entrys of the panel doing it this way but because I only fly with one dozen weapons this is fine for me. To reduce the huge amount of available weapons I removed all flags of the nations (Attachement type in Weapons Editor) of the unwanted payloads. No nations, no weapons.

Thanks again,

Ulrich