Hey Guys

Probably somebody already ask about this, but recently Im having problems with one specific aircraft and a map region. Im getting a CTD everytime I use the F-14 from the Super pack with the Desert 4.0 region, Everytime I switch to guns or A/G the game CTD. or sometimes just stucks at 80% loading.

"

0       APPCRASH       Not available       0       StrikeFighters2.exe       13.7.0.35       51d22110       ViewManager.dll       0.0.0.0       51d21fa0       c0000090       00009f78                               C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_StrikeFighters2._6b1b9872c542fd9c2db2e4790a73cd95b8c9da2_2cf57876               0       229fbef0-1865-11e6-9e85-80c16e605188       6

"

If i use that F-14 in other map or region I dont have much trouble.

The 99% of this kind of CTDs are due to PC limitations. That it's that you probably have a weak system, or your configuration is too much for it. So it would help if you can provide us information about your system, as well as about the game configuration you have.

Edited by FRPignon

Hi Rabbit106,

Not sure if you have already but I would go ahead and reinstall the Desert 4.0 map after deleting everything else and see if something was misplaced when you were moving things around to your SF2 folder. Another suggestion is downloading the hotfix for the latest patch in the downloads section. I had a CTD issue every few missions when flying campaign after switching to a new windows system and the patch fixed it. Not sure if it'll help since neither are stock TW maps and planes but it could possibly fix it. Good luck with it. 

maverickvf142 

The Desert 4 terrain was designed to work better in high power PCs. FRPignon is right when he said that you would have problems running the terrain on high settings on an average PC.

Its only happened when using the F-14 using other planes I dont have issues well I had it with the Rafale but only when dogfight but i think thats another thing

I havent remove and reinstalled the map because i only had the issue with the F-14, but I can use the SF2NA default F14... (though i wanna use the super pack one XD )

My system:

Processor: Intel i3 2.30 GHz

Memory: 8GB

Window 7 64-bit

VC: Intel® Graphics 3000

DirectX version: 11.0

https://flic.kr/p/GyhRE2

thats basically what I have for the setting 

except for terrain and detail texture i set it on medium

That is a low end system Rabbit. 

Yeah I know, its an old ladptop I have while i get a new system.

but the game runs pretty good except in the desert 4.0 map but even with the SF2V AG mod the game run pretty good, 

the only problem i have is that with the F-14 super pack while using it on the Desert map, if I use default maps I have no problem at all

thanks guys! I'll see if i can try with an more advance system and see if i dont get more CTD