I have discovered that if I padlock a enemy, and order the second wing (#3 and4) to attack my target. My number two and three engaged the enemy, while number 4 just stare at me and do nothing.

A question/ complaint often heard.  This is a game limitation, and there's nothing you can do about.  Other than get your 3 killed off in which case #4 will step up to the plate so to speak.  It will be the same with bombing ground targets.

While attacking ground targets. Command-  attack ground objrcts will allow 3 and 4 attack and both will attack. While attack my target only 3 will attack until it run out of bombs/rockets and then 4 will attack.

Ok, thank you for the replay. With all the great mods I will still enjoy the game and I can live with some wingmen flaws :biggrin: .

Cheers

Arcticbear

Well at least you were nice about it...I think my post title was " My Wingmans on crack"...

I have found that there is a work around for this and a way to make #4 attack targets without any frustration... The game assigns pilots to you flight in a specific way... You are leader, less experienced lower ranking pilot as your #2 and a higher ranking more experienced pilot in the #3 spot because he is his section leader and then #4 is usually the lowest ranking and lowest experienced pilot in the flight of 4... To make #4 attack all you need to do is go into the roster screen in the hanger menus and assign a higher ranking/ more experienced pilot to the #4 slot and #4 will have the courage to attack targets and actually follow your orders instead of just simply following you around... I have found that this trick works in all install eras and all nations... Hopefully that can help...

Another work around for this is to simply tell 3 and 4 to attack ground targets or air targets and once they break away to go hunting then go in and order #3 to attack a specific target while #4 roves around and attacks targets autonomously... the only issue with this approach is #4 can sometimes wonder pretty far from the rest of the flight (thats usually more common in attacking ground targets instead of air to air).  

Agree on that higher rank #4. Noticed that some time ago on some campaign. I forget about it. But somehow it works the way as Spudknocker described.

Yep! Usually works!

On a seperate note does anyone know how to increase the experience/number of missions flown and kills of pilots from a particular nation?